: My Chronic Mod-itis is acting up again (Headers + Cam results inside)

HushH
06-01-07, 10:27 AM
Just got the V back from the guys at Vengeance Racing. First, let me take a moment to thank Ron, Mike, and the rest of the guys there for the great work they did and putting up with my constant harassment on when the parts would be in. They are hands down the best performance shop in the area and I highly recommend them for absolutely any LS engine work you want done.

Now on to the fun stuff. Hereís a list of what was done:

- Kooks LTs + Hi-flow Cats
- Vengeance Custom Cam
- Comp Pushrods
- Comp Springs
- Ported TB
- ASP Underdrive Pulley

Went to pick up the car last night. First thing Ron did was crank her up for me. My jaw just dropped. This thing went from having a nice rumble toÖwell, my wife probably described it best when she said, ďYour car sounds like a Harley now.Ē Iíll try to post up a sound clip shortly. Iíll just say that I probably wonít be listening to the radio anytime soon.

As far as drivability goes it is nearly stock-like save for taking a few seconds for the RPMs to drop on clutch engagement. Cruising at low RPMs is no problem at all. No bucking or surging whatsoever. And thatís no small accomplishment considering this is not really a mild cam. Kudos to Mike for another amazing tune.

I havenít had a chance to really stomp on it yet, but you can definitely feel a difference. Tires brake loose much easier. I was really surprised at the torque gains with this setup as well. Car is making ~370 ft-lbs at 3k RPMs. Thatís about 50 more than it was before. Of course the larger gains are in the upper RPMs. I picked up about 80hp at the wheels at 6k RPMs. Again, I couldnít be happier with the results and Iíll post more once Iíve had the chance to really push it. Anyone on the fence about doing a cam should just go ahead and pull the trigger. And I highly recommend giving Vengeance a call.

Final numbers and graph below. Nice torque ďcurveĒ.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/HushH/CamDyno20018.jpg

lunarx
06-01-07, 10:36 AM
That is a nice torque curve. :thumbsup:
Do you have a baseline graph?

HushH
06-01-07, 10:41 AM
yeah, but my son ran off with it this morning to show his friends. i'll post it up this afternoon.

ETA: baseline numbers were 344/343

RamAir02
06-01-07, 10:43 AM
Nice numbers, would you mind revealing the specs of the cam? I'm guessing its decently large...maybe low 230s duration and just over .600 lift or so? Also what LSA?

HushH
06-01-07, 10:49 AM
I just noticed they have the cam specs listed on their site, so I don't see any reason not to post. It's their VRX6 cam: 238/240 .605/.609 113

RamAir02
06-01-07, 11:11 AM
nice cam...not TOO much lift but not TOO little either :D You should get good life out of your valve springs. Which ones did you go with? Comp 921s?

vettethret
06-01-07, 12:19 PM
Nice numbers. I am still on the fence about the MS4 cam which is 239/242 on a 111 lsa. I want it, everyone says no. I'm giving Vengeance a call!

vettethret
06-01-07, 12:30 PM
Hush, what exhaust are you running?

The Tony Show
06-01-07, 12:38 PM
This thread is worthless without sound and video.

:D

HushH
06-01-07, 01:10 PM
nice cam...not TOO much lift but not TOO little either :D You should get good life out of your valve springs. Which ones did you go with? Comp 921s?

Comp 918s. I was a little worried because they were only rated to .600 lift and I'd seen a few failure reports lately, but Ron said they were good to .625 without a problem and he has installed literally thousands of them with no issues to speak of.

HushH
06-01-07, 01:15 PM
Hush, what exhaust are you running?

Corsa. The combination of Corsa, Kooks, and cam sounds amazing.

It's coming.

dqw1
06-01-07, 01:35 PM
Please don't make me add a cam. Don't make me do it. Bet you have a sh*t eating grin on your face. You get any work done today or just putting down smoke?:thumbsup:

RamAir02
06-01-07, 01:39 PM
Comp 918s. I was a little worried because they were only rated to .600 lift and I'd seen a few failure reports lately, but Ron said they were good to .625 without a problem and he has installed literally thousands of them with no issues to speak of.

Hopefully the 918s hold up for you. I've heard some horror stories about them, but there are also many people running them with pretty high lift cams. The 921s are great springs, but are SO expensive. I had Patriot Gold dual valve springs on my Trans Am with the MS4 cam, but then upgraded to Patriot's newer spring ( I don't even know if they have a name ). They sent me them for free when they finished testing on them.

Luna.
06-01-07, 02:04 PM
Very nice torque curve!! :thumbsup:

HushH
06-01-07, 02:09 PM
Please don't make me add a cam. Don't make me do it. Bet you have a sh*t eating grin on your face. You get any work done today or just putting down smoke?:thumbsup:

D,

I told Ron yesterday you'd be back for one. He said, "yeah he will." Trying to catch up on work today but I'll definitely be out "breaking her in" this eveing.

thebigjimsho
06-01-07, 02:31 PM

:DXgZfScWMKzA

JonCR96Z
06-01-07, 02:45 PM
That's exactly what this thread needed.

dqw1
06-01-07, 03:24 PM
How long did the install take? Here I go again dammit!

Drago
06-01-07, 05:04 PM
Hush those numbers look good. I couldn't move on the cam yet myself so I'll have to be happy with the headers. I'll be paying Ron a visit for the tune. I'm glad to hear you have no driveability issues. Maybe if we have another ATL meet I'll get a chance to hear that cam in person.

rand49er
06-01-07, 05:20 PM
VERY nice numbers.:highfive:

Heck, that torque curve must make street driving a lot of fun without the need to find the right gear to "keep up with traffic." :)

Z06-PWRD
06-02-07, 09:25 AM
HushH lets get togeather and talk mod's sometime. PM me when you can breakaway one weekend, maybe we can run the 1/4 at Commerce or Steele on a test and tune day and put those new parts to work!

HushH
06-02-07, 11:14 AM
Finally got some video uploaded. I think it got a little loud for my son at the end.

Also got 3 compliments on it just on the way to dinner last night. One guy said he was trying to figure out where that was coming from and he just knew it couldn't be from that Cadillac. No more sneaking up on anyone I guess.

DCAOYBXtaAw

The Tony Show
06-02-07, 11:24 AM
"thwomp thwomp thwomp thwomp ....."

Too freaking awesome. You may have convinced me to get a cam with this thread, you bastich. :D

HushH
06-02-07, 11:30 AM
How long did the install take? Here I go again dammit!

They had it done in 2 days.

Hush those numbers look good. I couldn't move on the cam yet myself so I'll have to be happy with the headers. I'll be paying Ron a visit for the tune. I'm glad to hear you have no driveability issues. Maybe if we have another ATL meet I'll get a chance to hear that cam in person.

The headers are great by themselves. I'm sure you'll love them. I'm still planning on being at the car show in Cartersville if you can make that.

VERY nice numbers.:highfive:

Heck, that torque curve must make street driving a lot of fun without the need to find the right gear to "keep up with traffic." :)

Thanks. It certainly does. I was a little worried about what kind of torque this larger cam would have, but I was pleasantly surprised.

HushH lets get togeather and talk mod's sometime. PM me when you can breakaway one weekend, maybe we can run the 1/4 at Commerce or Steele on a test and tune day and put those new parts to work!

I'll send you a PM or give you a ring on your cell. I think I've still got your number around here somewhere. Don't know about hitting the strip tho. I'm a little more hesitant about launching hard now that I know there's no chance in hell of getting my diff warrantied if it blows. Thinking about getting it cryo-treated by a shop up near Vengeance.

The Tony Show
06-02-07, 11:32 AM
Thinking about getting it cryo-treated by a shop up near Vengeance.

Worry about the case too, not just the internals.

HushH
06-02-07, 11:34 AM
Worry about the case too, not just the internals.

Yeah, I know. That's one reason I didn't want a real torque-heavy cam.

JonCR96Z
06-02-07, 11:40 AM
I love it. STOP!

CIWS
06-02-07, 12:32 PM
Sounds great HushH :thumbsup:

urbanski
06-02-07, 12:34 PM
I love it. STOP!

ahahah yeah best part

i assume that was the wife hush?

HushH
06-02-07, 12:38 PM
nah, my 10 year old.

urbanski
06-02-07, 12:40 PM
ahhaa classic :p

super-scary dude, congrats!

Chef
06-02-07, 07:56 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to CamVille :bouncy:

Cam Props and reps!

SoCal-VEE
06-02-07, 10:26 PM
Nice numbers.....Sounds sick! :thumbsup:

lunarx
06-03-07, 01:49 AM
I can understand the comment you got.
No way a sound that sick can be comming from a Cadillac. :confused:

dqw1
06-04-07, 07:16 PM
WTF? You don't get off this easy. I want hear your impression about how this package feels on the road. Stop holding out Sandor!