: DVD Nav disk.... $199? (micro-rant)

psalmist
05-31-07, 11:43 PM
The Nav disk for our loaded Honda Odyssey is only $50.00. I understand that luxury marques can claim higher fees, but this is a bit ridiculous.

rant over...

david

hcvone
06-01-07, 07:39 AM
I have seen them on E-Bay cheap.

psalmist
06-01-07, 10:38 AM
I have seen them on E-Bay cheap.

Thank you for the advice.

In addition, allow me to apologize for being immature and abrupt.

david

psalmist
06-01-07, 10:46 AM
Hmmmm.... Nothing for Cadillac as of yet. Patience is a virtue :).

DLE
06-01-07, 12:07 PM
I agree. Those disc are way out of price. :p

Because of it's luxury, the costs are more high. The cheapest thing I can think of that I spent for the truck are probably those chrome turn signal bulbs and air freshners. lol.

dkozloski
06-01-07, 12:45 PM
Not only did I pay the $199, I found out that there is no coverage at all for my state, Alaska. I guess Cadillac hasn't heard that we became a state almost 50 years ago. I realize the American auto industry is on hard times but this is pure cheapskate.

hcvone
06-01-07, 05:22 PM
Not only did I pay the $199, I found out that there is no coverage at all for my state, Alaska. I guess Cadillac hasn't heard that we became a state almost 50 years ago. I realize the American auto industry is on hard times but this is pure cheapskate.

That would upset me. :(

gacck
06-01-07, 09:32 PM
Any one know the latest version of CD for my '05 EXT?

dkozloski
06-01-07, 11:00 PM
Any one know the latest version of CD for my '05 EXT?
You can go to www.gmnavdisc.com (http://www.gmnavdisc.com), plug in your VIN# and get the definitive answer.

dkozloski
06-01-07, 11:02 PM
That would upset me. :(
The ball buster is that I can drive 350 miles east across the Canadian border and there is coverage for Canada.

psalmist
06-01-07, 11:30 PM
The ball buster is that I can drive 350 miles east across the Canadian border and there is coverage for Canada.

Harsh!

Not that Alaska has such a complex road system that it could not be added with relative ease.

psalmist
06-01-07, 11:31 PM
OK...

A change in search parameters and I found some disks on Fleabay. Which one would be a 2007 Escalade nav disk?

dkozloski
06-01-07, 11:34 PM
It hasn't been too many years ago that a Buick owner wrote a letter to GM Corporate outlining a few things they could do so that the cars would be better adapted to winter driving and got a reply that it would make no difference to them if they never sold another car there.

dkozloski
06-01-07, 11:35 PM
OK...

A change in search parameters and I found some disks on Fleabay. Which one would be a 2007 Escalade nav disk?
Go to www.gmnavdisc.com (http://www.gmnavdisc.com), plug in your VIN# and you will know.

Cadillade
06-01-07, 11:48 PM
As far as Anchorage is concerned, there is nothing special required. I park my Escalade outside all winter without trouble remote starting. I know for a fact that in Fairbanks, 400 miles up north, would need a battery warmer for extreme temperatures low as -70, oil warmer, all kinds of heaters to start up. What are you doing up there anyways? :)

It hasn't been too many years ago that a Buick owner wrote a letter to GM Corporate outlining a few things they could do so that the cars would be better adapted to winter driving and got a reply that it would make no difference to them if they never sold another car there.

psalmist
06-02-07, 01:16 AM
Go to www.gmnavdisc.com (http://www.gmnavdisc.com), plug in your VIN# and you will know.

I had done that. I am not all that certain that either of the two offering on Fleabay contain new roads. For instance, the road I live on is not included in the 2005 map.

psalmist
06-02-07, 01:19 AM

Corporate arrogance has done more damage to the American auto industry than the labor unions.... IMHO.

dkozloski
06-02-07, 01:41 AM
As far as Anchorage is concerned, there is nothing special required. I park my Escalade outside all winter without trouble remote starting. I know for a fact that in Fairbanks, 400 miles up north, would need a battery warmer for extreme temperatures low as -70, oil warmer, all kinds of heaters to start up. What are you doing up there anyways? :)
I was born and raised here. Now I'm retired. I've been everywhere but I keep coming back.

99escalademan
06-02-07, 02:35 AM
The Nav disk for our loaded Honda Odyssey is only $50.00. I understand that luxury marques can claim higher fees, but this is a bit ridiculous.

rant over...

david

Cry me a River.. You Can afford the payment on the truck , but not the 200$ nav disk??

psalmist
06-02-07, 10:30 AM
Cry me a River.. You Can afford the payment on the truck , but not the 200$ nav disk??

I will again apologize for seeming immature. The complaint was not being able to afford it, but whether it was an unreasonable price. It is difficult to imagine someone's delight in being taken at advantage.

By the way, I am no stranger to the forum environment and the typical blend of personalities within them. Indeed, I am a newcomer with a collection of questions, there is only some much I can offer here regarding Cadillacs. The indulgence of those gurus and laymen who have provided assistance has been greatly appreciated.

Cirefly
09-18-08, 09:29 PM

I know I'm not supposed to feed the forum trolls - but...you're a jerk.

g9s8r
09-19-08, 01:43 PM
I know I'm not supposed to feed the forum trolls - but...you're a jerk.

lol, and you just replied to a thread that is over a year old. Its all good. Gotta love opinions. :cool: