: Goodyear Credit

rocketeer
05-31-07, 03:34 PM
I've been through lots of old messages re: the credit from Goodyear for new tires. i called the customer service number just 15 minutes ago and they advise if there is a problem with a tire to visit a local Goodyear dealer to have the tire(s) examined. Is this a new procedure that they don't take a call unless you visit the Goodyear dealer first? I did not have an option to get a file number.
Anyone called recently to get a file number? Am I stuck dukeing it out with a local dealer? Did I miss something?

Mike

roadracerx72
05-31-07, 03:37 PM
Most likely they want to know what the tread life is and when you purchased the tires. If they came on the car they check the date on the tire. I saved...about 300.00 on one tire.

DansCTSV
05-31-07, 04:00 PM
I just went to a local Goodyear dealership. The manager looked at my tires and my odometer and then said he would give me a call. The next day he called and said he would give me a $340.00 per tire credit. I got GSD3's for free. :-)

forbie
06-07-07, 12:42 PM
I just went to a Goodyear dealer anf the Mgr said there was not a milage warranty on F1's. 11000 and at the wear marks. Did you have to complain bigtime?

heavymetals
06-07-07, 01:49 PM
Use the search. :thepan:

There has been PLENTY posted about the F1's, and how to get credit.

Bitch like hell (you may have to) and don't just go to someone who just sells Goodyear tires.

Contact a Goodyear store or rep.

NIK
06-07-07, 02:04 PM
Use the search. :thepan:

There has been PLENTY posted about the F1's, and how to get credit.

Bitch like hell (you may have to) and don't just go to someone who just sells Goodyear tires.

Contact a Goodyear store or rep.

Like he said - I got a $280.00 credit per tire (my original F-1's had 9800 miles on them.) I went to a Goodyear dealer, he measured the treadwear, called Goodyear, and I was given a file number. I chose to replace the F-1's with RSA all-season runflats. Total charge to me for 4 tires (including mounting and balancing) was a little less than $300.00. And this was about 21/2 years ago.

Lbyrd
06-07-07, 02:25 PM
I've been through lots of old messages re: the credit from Goodyear for new tires. i called the customer service number just 15 minutes ago and they advise if there is a problem with a tire to visit a local Goodyear dealer to have the tire(s) examined. Is this a new procedure that they don't take a call unless you visit the Goodyear dealer first? I did not have an option to get a file number.
Anyone called recently to get a file number? Am I stuck dukeing it out with a local dealer? Did I miss something?

Mike

Mike: My F-1 run flats had 9,000 miles and were worn out. I don't drive a car hard and the idea of spending $1500 on a new set was ridiculous. I put in a call to GM as well as Goodyear. GM could care less and showed little to no concern. Goodyear asked me to go to a local store and have the dealer call the rep back. I did and after some discussion they offered me a new set of run flats at $100 per tire. I did not go back to the F-1's but decided on the Goodyear Eagle RS-A runflats. I now have 12,000 miles and the tires still look new. Better ride as well.

rocketeer
06-07-07, 10:34 PM
As it happens the first independent Goodyear dealer I went to was ripping me off. The Goodyear store I went to had worked several adjustments for Vettes and CTS-V's and knew what to do. They contacted customer service got a file number and called me back with a credit of $290 per tire. I wanted the DS G3 which listed for $340 which means they cost me $50 each mounted and balanced. I haven't driven them hard yet but they seem to be a bit softer ride, time will tell. Good deal as far as I'm concerned.