: New wheels for me!

Night Wolf
04-04-04, 10:24 PM
Well, after alot of searching, I finally got what I think is an amazing deal on a set of new wheels....

I can't tell if they are the brushed aluminam or chrome.... it says they are clear coated though..... it comes to $340 after shipping.... not too bad....

Now I just need to gt tires, I'll probably have the current 15" steelies w/ wire wheel hub caps w/ crappy tires on for another 2-3 weeks... all depends on when I get the wheels, then when I get the money for tires.... this kinda sets me back with getting other things for the car, but that is OK, as I think these will look sweet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=43956&item=2469816254&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

tru504187211
04-04-04, 10:38 PM
Nice find! I'm thinkin' they will look good...even on that old, great body style.

Msilva954
04-04-04, 10:52 PM
Wow those look great, are you going for performance tires or whitewalls?

Night Wolf
04-04-04, 10:52 PM
They will look like this...except mine is a 2 door, and since it isn't a 60, I don't have the fender skirts

http://www.marinmarin.com/marin/zaiko/93cadillac/93cady60.htm

Night Wolf
04-04-04, 10:53 PM
definitly white walls.... my father knows a guy that sells tires, so I want to get some sort of a touring tire that is quiet, yet grips well, but it's gotta have white walls..... Ijust don't think my car would look good without them

hcvone
04-05-04, 08:18 AM
They are high polished aluminum and clear coated, so do not use any abrasive wheel cleaners or abrasive wheel polish, to keep them clean and looking good you will treat them like the painted surfaces or your car, that means you can clay them if they get dirt build up, for normal cleaning just use the car wash you wash your car with, and keep them waxed, that will keep them looking good for a long time. :)

Night Wolf
04-05-04, 10:24 AM
ok.... so right now for my wire wheel covers, I have Eagle 1 wire wheel cleaner.... on it, it has a whole bunch of warnings about what to use it on etc... I guess this is some pretty heavy stuff.... so I CAN'T use that then?

what do yo mean by abrasive? like any of the wheel cleaners you find at the auto store? not to use them? I can just use the high pressure soap then high pressure rinse to wash them, just as I would the normal car? and I would wax them with the same wax I use on the car?

Sorry for kina repeating some questiosn you told me... I just wanted to make sure as I don't want to risk damaging the new wheels when I get them on.....

hcvone
04-05-04, 01:55 PM
I do not like spray cleaners on clear coated wheels, there are many products that say they are safe for clear coated wheels, but in testing them if you let the wheel cleaner sit on the wheel for a period of time some showed signs of starting to etch the clear coating. Yes you would wax them the same way and with the same product as your paint, and you could use high pressure with soap, but if you get a good coat of wax on them you will not have to do much more than wash them with car wash while washing your car

Msilva954
04-05-04, 07:37 PM
There are rims just like these in the auction center of this forum they are at $250 w/$60 shipping. If I had the money Id probably get those for that price.

Today I was at a junkyard/tireplace and they had Eldo wheels. To modern on this type of caddy though.

MrSmith
04-06-04, 09:20 PM
what year cadillac wheels fit 91' Devilles in other body styles

Msilva954
04-06-04, 09:21 PM
Im pretty sure all years up until now, as long as they are from a front driver.