: Mid Ohio SCCA National June 2-3

JMBCTSV
05-31-07, 01:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

We will be racing our Cadillac CTS-V Touring 2 class race car at Mid Ohio Sportscar Course this weekend at the SCCA National race. Stop by and see us in the paddock if you are in the area. We will also be racing a C6 Corvette in the Touring 1 class. Qualifying will take place on Saturday and the Race will be early Sunday morning (about 9-930am).
We are 2 for 2 with wins this year at both Gingerman and Grattan so far with the V and took the track record as well at Gingerman (missed it at Grattan by .03 seconds). We lead the Great Lakes division Touring 2 points as well. If everything goes well we can have some "pops" and discuss cars.

Hope to see you there.

psycho43142
05-31-07, 11:09 PM
I plan on being there and will try and look you up, best of luck if I miss you.

Chris

calicadi
05-31-07, 11:29 PM
Go get 'em!

That name rings a bell. Did you previously race that V GrandAm?

PS What tires do you run?

Chef
05-31-07, 11:59 PM
1st off well done thus far!

2nd Keep it rolling

3rd Way to represent our sleds:yup:

Go eat em up!:cheers:

JMBCTSV
06-01-07, 06:33 AM
Mark and Jordan Sandridge ran their V in GAC a bit a few years back. We were featured on SPEED before and during the 2005 Runoffs at Mid Ohio. 2006 they moved the Nationals to Topeka, KS at Heartland Park, a very unfriendly track to the V, we did not fare well.

We run exclusively Hoosier A6 275/35/18 all 4 corners.

Stop on by and see us. Hopefully the rain will stay away.

CTSV05
06-01-07, 03:56 PM
Congrats so far!!!!

Good Luck this weekend, may try for Sunday.....

I wonder, are you allowed to upgrade your differentials in your class

C66 Racing
06-04-07, 12:28 AM
John,
Hope the weekend went well for you. Been really missing the track this past year. Visited my car at Phoenix Performance a few weeks ago and hope to get back on the track for a couple of regionals here in the Puget Sound before I go to sea again this fall.
Cheers,
Brad
aka Subdriver on SCCA Forums

JMBCTSV
06-04-07, 06:52 AM
Hello again,

We finished the weekend up without damage to either car so that was a plus. Weekend was a little unsatisfying as we got horrible weather for the race Sunday.

Saturday: 1st qualifying was in the morning, 75 and cloudy and the tack was great. We broke the track record with a 1:41.6 lap time on the club course (with 1-2 bus stop). Second qualifying was later in the day and was about 90 degrees and sunny so a bit slower at 1:42.2, but was the fastest car in our class by 1.4 seconds. Did the usual nut and bolt on the car and got ready for Sunday.

Sunday: Went out for practice and the car felt awesome, we were full of confidence and ready to get started. With the cars on the grid it started to rain and then there was lightning. It rained hard enough for some to switch to rain tires. The lighting delay continued to the point where there were dry patches on the grid so slicks were the way to go. They gave the 5 minutes to go call and we were all buckling in and the sky opened up and poured buckets. By the time they threw the green there was standing water and rivers across the track everywhere and we were on slicks:eek:
We finished 4th in class and 10th overall out of the group of around 40 cars, and were 3rd overall on the slick tire cars. One of the members stopped by and I regret not getting his name I was in kind of a bad mood with the way the race unfolded and I apologize for that. We talked a bit as we were packing up to go home. No wear on the car obviously and we'll pack it up and roll it back out at Road America June 22 for the June Sprints.

psycho43142
06-04-07, 03:58 PM
I was the member there and realized with the way things unfolded that the bad mood was waranted and as I said I wish yu the best of luck the rest of the season.

Chris

JMBCTSV
06-05-07, 07:08 AM
Thanks for coming by Chris, and good luck with the AutoX stuff.:thumbsup:

I really need to wash the car now . . . . .

psycho43142
06-05-07, 08:28 PM
So do I, I saw your post on your wheels I'll see if they'l give me info on the offset as compared to stoc to see if I can run 275 A6's for AXin.

Chris