Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Installing The Dealer Supplied Mud Guards?

5K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  GMJim 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone purchased the OEM SRX mud guards and installed them theirselves? I spoke with a service advisor who told me that there are plugged mounting holes that are intended to be used, but I don't see them on my 07 SRX with the sport package. I saw a comment from GMJim in another thread stating that the front wheel house liners on sport package are different from the nonsport package. Does anyone know if the front mudguards will fit on the sport package?

Also, I found a better price for the mud guards online at cadillacpartspeople.com ($70.60 including shipping) vs. the cadillac dealer's price (~$85.00 including sales tax), but they are stated to be for an 05 SRX. Does anyone know if the 05 and 07 parts are the same?

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

#2 ·
Like you, I have a 07 with the sport package. I purchased the mud gaurds from my local dealer for just over $70 with tax. There was no special part number. I think I still have the box and will check the PN# to be sure. I installed them last weekend. Directions were perfect, fronts installed very easy. Rears required 1 hole to be drilled, again no problems, did not remove the tire/rims on the rear as suggested, had enough room to work by just jacking the rear up at the frame till the rear tire was hanging. I reused the factory push pins as well. The only problem I had was on the rear gaurds as one push pin in each side is just not long enough to work with the thickness of the mud gaurd, the fender, and the wheel liner, so I had to improvize a little (added a extra screw near the push pin). Good luck

#3 · (Edited)
I hope you are liking your new ride!

I put OEM splash guards on my 04 & 06. The fronts go on w/o a hitch.
Just pull two push pins, slide the guard behind the liner and replace the push pins.

As for the rears..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGG!

Remove the top push pin,and push pin underneath, and hang guard from the top push pin. Line the guard up, and drill hole for middle attachment, (you will be drilling throuh the liner into a tab on the fascia) Make sure you are getting the tab.(It's not very big.) Put clip on, and tighten the provided screw.
Do not attempt to reinstall the lower push pin.
It will not grip three layers of material. I used a nut and bolt to reduce the frustration factor. You also may have to trim the guard a bit to eliminate the
interference with the muffler, unless you prefer your SRX to rattle like a Vega. I spoke with Service Parts who claim that the is a fix now for the lower attachment, and interference. Good luck. It's really not that difficult.
I really like how they look, and the amount of splash they reduce from the side of the vehicle.

As far as the sport, The front w/h extention (to fascia) is different. The rearward attachments are the same.

#4 ·
GMJim,

Yes, we really like the new SRX!!! Thanks for your help with the supplier's discount.

I will ask cadillacpartspeople.com if they have a kit with the latest fix. If not, I will buy from the dealer...it's not that much difference in the cost.

#5 ·
Jim's instructions are perfect. For the rears I would follow as Jim suggests. I would have used a plastic screw for the area that is just to thick, just did not have any around so I left the inner rear push pins as they were, and used a zink oxided screw with a big head and drilled a hole in the gaurd/liner right next to the push pin. Note, I tried to order Corsa mufflers but the 07 exhaust is slightly different according to Corsa, thus maybe the reason I don't have any interferance issues with the exhaust and factory mud gaurds.
One nice thing about the gaurds, the holes drilled are NOT in any metal, I hate drilling holes in new/expensive sheet metal. I also think Jim is right on the front fender liner as the front edge needs to go lower with the sport facia, it is the same on the rear side as far as the mudgaurds/install goes however. Front gaurds took me all of 5 minutes to install....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.