: 2007 escalade lemon

pecks_escalade
05-30-07, 06:43 PM
Hi to All: i am new @ this, i have a 2007 escalade since 03/25/2006. since i had this vehicle i am having ton's of problems. my driver , passenger doors rattle, there is wind coming in from all 4 door's. panel's are loose.. water coming from the front windshield.back hatch loose parts inside. I have over 10 visits with the service dept. I have had 2 lemon law case (1) BBB (1) attroney general office. I loss both cases. I am stuck with a $80,000 lemon.
I have read on this forum .. that there was a problem with the 2007 escalade the doors and winshield were installed by HUMANS not ROBOTS. but i can't find this anymore.. does anyone have a clue what page it is on.. also if this is FACT.and is anyone facing the same problems.

RightTurn
05-30-07, 06:54 PM
Hello and :welcome5: to the forum. I suggest you check the Escalade board for help with your specific questions. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/

Good luck.

urbanski
05-30-07, 07:01 PM
moved to the proper forum

teutonictrio
05-30-07, 07:11 PM
If you lost both cases you didn't have a case. Lemon law was created to protect consumers, so unless you have had more than 3 events with exactly the same problem, not fixed by the dealer, you don't have a case. I had an Audi A6 that was replaced using the lemon law, and it was quick and easy because I had a clear case. Don't go throwing the lemon law claims out there unless they are legit, because if you do ever have one later on, they may not approve it simply because you put through too many.

Also, neither the attorney general nor the BBB have squat to do with lemon law cases, so methinks you have no clue what you are talking about...or you don't realize that you are going about it all wrong.

parexa
05-30-07, 07:55 PM
Escalade costs 80k?

urbanski
05-30-07, 08:15 PM
Escalade costs 80k?

i'd be upset if i paid that much too

FRISBEE
05-30-07, 10:12 PM
I own a 07 Escalade and can admit to the wind noise, but considering the size of mirrors I can accept/understand the reason. I was a electrical/trim mechanic for Jeep in the early 90's and had tons of complaints about wind noise and water leaks but most of the noise was unavoidable or poor sealing design by Jeep. Most of these "yuppie" owners traded in their Volvo's and Saabs for Jeeps back then and were comparing a aerodynamic car to a "brick" shaped vehicle and were expecting them to be as quiet as a car.
I see your point about the water leaks and rattles but sometimes most dealers don't have a mechanic the specializes in that area. Try and talk to them about using the bodyshop dept. so they can check for proper body to door gaps.

Playdrv4me
05-30-07, 10:22 PM
Hi to All: i am new @ this, i have a 2007 escalade since 03/25/2006.

They have a term for this... Early Adopter Syndrome. Just the luck of the draw when you wanna be the first on the block with any new car. Doesnt matter if its an Acura or a Ferrari. And if you paid 80k for an Escalade you paid a good 20 grand too much.

hcvone
05-31-07, 06:48 AM
Welcome to the Forum :) What kind of Escalade do you have that costs 80k? I have all options and mine cost 66k. One of my 07's was a lemon, engine blew up at 897 miles, GM replaced it. Sorry to hear about your problems. Did you try another dealership for service, all your problems should be able to be fixed pretty easy with the right person doing the work. :)