: Fuel rail cover question

crankedupforit
05-30-07, 03:39 PM
This question is for the guys who took the ugly bar of soap engine cover off and replaced it with the Corvette covers. That bar of soap has a lot of sound deadening fur under it. When the swap was made, did the interior of the car get a lot louder? Or maybe if you have Kooks,free flow cats and a Corsa you couldn't tell anyway. Kinda wondering if all the mods might cross the line of "sounding good" vs "being uncomfortabley loud".

The Tony Show
05-30-07, 04:06 PM
You'll hear a lot more ticking inside the car, most likely fuel injectors. I've always got my iPod cranked and my Kooks blasting so it doesn't bother me a bit.

Jon
05-30-07, 04:38 PM
I didn't notice a difference. Weird... Maybe it's because I don't drive the car in teh winter or rain, so I always have the sunroof popped when I drive.

By the way, it's trash can lid, not bar of soap ;)

Dennisscars
05-30-07, 09:14 PM
By the way, it's trash can lid, not bar of soap ;)
http://www.charm.net/%7Ekmarsh/pics/rubbermsqbr.jpg

B&B with X-pipe masks all ill's...

nikon
05-30-07, 09:17 PM
just a magnaflow cat-back and I didn't notice a difference in sound....I didn't even put vette rails back on, just took the stock one off.

V's-V
05-30-07, 09:23 PM
I noticed no additional noise. Go for it! :thumbsup:

Jon
05-30-07, 10:06 PM
just a magnaflow cat-back and I didn't notice a difference in sound....I didn't even put vette rails back on, just took the stock one off.
I love the Z06 FRCs.

I was at the post office today. When I go out of my car, some guy walking by asked if it was the new Caddy. I guess he meant the '08 CTS. I said nope, it's a '04 CTS-V :) I showed him underneath the hood and he was like WOW when he saw the Vette covers. :D