: help 2000 deville servive engine light

gmello76
04-04-04, 04:42 PM
hello i have a cadillac 2000 deville no dts no dhs my service engine soon like came on i called onstar and they do a dianogstic check they told me it came up power train and to take it to the dealer in 7 days. some times my rpm run a lil higher and some times it stalls out at the stop light with the engine being warm or cold and i get hesistaion and yesterday it sumbled a lilttle bit it onlyhave 57k miles on it i was wondering could it be a sensor something i hope its not the transgoing out because that would be a shame. if there was a problem withe the trans would it come up on the dash because it does have that option according to the owners manuel and some times i have to give it gas before it starts whats up with the northstars acting like this i head this engine is good for 200k miles

any help is greatly loved thank you

Playdrv4me
04-04-04, 11:14 PM
I dont know about the RPM running higher, but I would certainly not worry about the transmission at this point. It sounds like the Crankshaft Position Sensors due to your stalling. This is a very common problem on 2000 and newer Northstars and your dealer should know how to fix it easily.

OlManRivah
04-05-04, 01:03 AM
Do a Forum search using "Stalling". This should give you some ideas. Also, the specific OBD-II codes should help. Better than "Power Train".

gmello76
04-05-04, 01:03 AM
I dont know about the RPM running higher, but I would certainly not worry about the transmission at this point. It sounds like the Crankshaft Position Sensors due to your stalling. This is a very common problem on 2000 and newer Northstars and your dealer should know how to fix it easily.

thanks buddy for the advice i never knew this car had so many sensors do you know how much they usaully charge for a job like that at the dealer ship Crankshaft Position Sensors job i hope not that much the deville is still a great car

Smokey
04-07-04, 11:37 AM
I too had the same problem on my 2000 Deville. I removed the air intake tube off the throttle body. I cleaned the throttle body and everything in there I could get to. No more sticky from idle gas pedal and no more hard to start/stalling. Been running fine every since. My Deville has 94,000 on it.

gmello76
04-08-04, 02:43 AM
I too had the same problem on my 2000 Deville. I removed the air intake tube off the throttle body. I cleaned the throttle body and everything in there I could get to. No more sticky from idle gas pedal and no more hard to start/stalling. Been running fine every since. My Deville has 94,000 on it.

thanks for reply

where is the throttle located is it that black box with the big hose coming from two screws what did you use to clean it chemical spray did yo lac stall at the light did you get a rotten egg smell to around the lac holla back