: To tow a heavy trailer with my '07, I will need a brake controller, right?

teutonictrio
05-30-07, 02:19 PM
The manual says that because the vehicle is equipped with Stabillitrak, I cannot connect to the system's hydraulic system, but I should still be able to (and should) get an electric brake controller, yes?

In addition, it states that I should get a sway control along with a weight-distributing hitch if the trailer is more than 5000lbs, which it will be. I don't see many here or elsewhere posting about either one - how necessary are they>?

hcvone
05-30-07, 02:23 PM
Yes you will need electric brake controller, and your trailer must have electric brakes. I put on Hotchkis sway bars on my truck, these do a much better job than the stock sway bars, made towing much better. Look here

http://www.drawtite-hitches.com/WD/weight-distribution.htm

Ask your trailer supplier for more info if you need this or not. :)

Lucky13MN
06-08-07, 10:11 AM
I have an 04 Escalade AWD and just picked up our new travel trailer, dry weight is around 6400 pounds. Trailer is a new 2006 Forest River Surveyor SV303, listed at 33' (which still concerns me behind the Escalade). Because of this I had them install the Reese dual cam anti sway control and weight distribution hitch. For the brake controller I used a Tekonsha Prodigy (one of the best, if not THE best). That's what I wanted after reading tons of reviews and real life experience. Safety is not something I wanted to save a couple bucks on, and last night towing it home for the first time proved that to be an excellent decision.

We had very high winds with even worse gusts last night and I was really nervous about pulling our new trailer home. The combination worked EXCELLENT, in fact I hardly knew there was a high wind at all the even the Escalade didn't sway as much as it would have without a trailer.

The whole package just seems to work well together, just my input on your situation which seems to be similar to what I just went through.

In short:
Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller
Reese Dual Cam anti sway
Reese weight distribution hitch

Best of luck!