: 09 V rumour thread...get ur 09 rumours here...yeah baby

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Jon
05-30-07, 12:43 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/30/spy-shots-2009-cadillac-cts-v/

I am LOVING that smaller front grill in comparison with the CTS.

Front end looks SWEET! And the bulge on the hood, drool..

urbanski
05-30-07, 12:52 PM
bulge looks like shit

thebigjimsho
05-30-07, 01:06 PM
I know it's all camouflaged and all, but I don't think it looks nearly as good as the current V. In fact, I think I like the front end of the next regular CTS better...

mole177
05-30-07, 01:07 PM
oooh.... 5 lug ???

lunarx
05-30-07, 01:08 PM
bulge looks like shit
Have to agree there.
Hopefully that is not the final production buldge.
Also the decklid and rear bumper look like ass.

Maybe we can steal the rear diff from it.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/05/abw_cts_vseries_cd_jun07_priddy1.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/05/abw_m_cts_vseries_cd_jun07_priddy_b.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/05/abw_cts_vseries_cd_jun07_priddy6.jpg

jasaero
05-30-07, 01:15 PM
Still strong suggestions this is gonna be supercharged. I'm all for it! A new pully and different exhaust is a lot cheaper than a whole new supercharger. Wonder what compression ratio this thing will run with the supercharger?

HushH
05-30-07, 01:38 PM
Have to agree there.
Hopefully that is not the final production buldge.
Also the decklid and rear bumper look like ass.

Maybe we can steal the rear diff from it.

I agree with you guys. I'm not liking the overall looks of it very much at all.

mbiker97_old
05-30-07, 01:42 PM
Nobody else noticed the 5-lug wheels? I was wondering when they would get a picture of that.

Jon
05-30-07, 01:46 PM
Nobody else noticed the 5-lug wheels? I was wondering when they would get a picture of that.
Errrr, look up a few posts ;)

The Tony Show
05-30-07, 02:01 PM
There will definitely be a bulge in the hood, but that one is obviously tacked on for testing while they design the production hood.

Other observations:

-Z06 calipers on the front (multi-pad)
-Thank god for the smaller upper grill
-Rear tires look at least 275, maybe bigger :thumbsup:
-The mufflers look like Corsas in the profile shot

urbanski
05-30-07, 02:10 PM
hey lunarx, that your web hosting? www.blogsmithmedia.com

lunarx
05-30-07, 02:16 PM
hey lunarx, that your web hosting? www.blogsmithmedia.com
Not me.
I just linked to their pics.

vettethret
05-30-07, 02:17 PM
bulge looks like shit

The whole car looks like shit. I'm HOPING this is the new drive train stuffed in the regular cts body. The car is WAAYYY to narrow. Looks wise, thats my only complaint visually with the current car, it's to friggen narrow. They need to make the car wider and more aggressive. If this is the new body, I'll be moving on to something else. Hopefully just a test mule of a rgular cts body with the V drive train.

dqw1
05-30-07, 02:19 PM
Those Vents has to go and they should use the STS-V or Specktorwerks hood. This might turn out ok. I'll give it a chance. As mentioned before, 5 lugs this time. I predict this thread will be at 100 post by 6pm CST.

lunarx
05-30-07, 02:20 PM
The whole car looks like shit. I'm HOPING this is the new drive train stuffed in the regular cts body. The car is WAAYYY to narrow. Looks wise, thats my only complaint visually with the current car, it's to friggen narrow. They need to make the car wider and more aggressive. If this is the new body, I'll be moving on to something else. Hopefully just a test mule of a rgular cts body with the V drive train.
Perhaps it is time to move away from Cadillac.
It appears they are digressing to bland generic styling.

vettethret
05-30-07, 02:23 PM
Perhaps it is time to move away from Cadillac.
It appears they are digressing to bland generic styling.

The question is, what?

lunarx
05-30-07, 02:37 PM
The question is, what?
Good Point.
I am kind of waiting to see what the Skyline will be like.
I hope it's not stupid overpriced, as that would make it a worse resale-value proposition than a V.
Other than that (and the typical German stuff), I don't know.

urbanski
05-30-07, 02:44 PM
Not me.
I just linked to their pics.

can you rehost please? i dont like hotlinking :highfive:

lunarx
05-30-07, 03:02 PM
can you rehost please? i dont like hotlinking :highfive:
Many apologies.
I thought it seemed too easy.
My ftp site won't allow a hotlink.
Feel free to delete the hotlinks in my post.

One of these days, I will look into how to host pics on my web site.
I am pretty sure my ISP gave me one but I never tried to do anything with it.

Koooop
05-30-07, 03:11 PM
I don't know what you guys are seeing, but that Bulge in the hood is making a Bulge in my pants! :drool:

When I saw the new CTS I thought they took everything right about the series and made it more right. :yup:

Looks damn good to me. :thumbsup:

NIK
05-30-07, 03:12 PM
There is absolutely nothing in the styling that would pull me away from my 2005 CTS-V. I said it before and I'll say it again, other than the HP boost, there is no way I would trade my car for the upcoming '09!

OldRoadDawg
05-30-07, 03:19 PM
Tryin' to make sense of the full-length moon/sun... whatever roof??
Does it open? All I see/hear is lots of bodyflex, squeaks & leaks.

ZEUSROTTY
05-30-07, 03:36 PM
I like it... But I am more of a performance and interior type of guy... Seeing the new regular cts, and knowing it wont be that far off of it.... I will buy one.

Koooop
05-30-07, 03:37 PM
Tryin' to make sense of the full-length moon/sun... whatever roof??
Does it open? All I see/hear is lots of bodyflex, squeaks & leaks.

So don't get one with a hole in it.

Jon
05-30-07, 03:44 PM
There is absolutely nothing in the styling that would pull me away from my 2005 CTS-V. I said it before and I'll say it again, other than the HP boost, there is no way I would trade my car for the upcoming '09!
Do what I plan to do. Keep both Vs

oceanhut
05-30-07, 03:48 PM
Not bad.....Im done with Cadillac though. Im going back to Jeeps....thinking about getting a Grand Cherokee, doing a simple 3.5" lift and stuffing 33s in there. Should be a nice change.

lunarx
05-30-07, 03:49 PM
I don't know what you guys are seeing, but that Bulge in the hood is making a Bulge in my pants! :drool:

When I saw the new CTS I thought they took everything right about the series and made it more right. :yup:

Looks damn good to me. :thumbsup:
From the side that buldge looks nasty.
The rear bumper is hideous.
What is with the goofy high beltline?
That rear door looks like a 1/2 door.

Koooop
05-30-07, 03:56 PM
From the side that buldge looks nasty.
The rear bumper is hideous.
What is with the goofy high beltline?
That rear door looks like a 1/2 door.

I bet those comments were made about the CTS I currently drive when it first came out.

I like the old body style (my car) but I REALLY like the new body style and new interior is a complete change from the old and REALLY nice.

TXSilverV
05-30-07, 04:27 PM
The brake lights have nipples! LOL

urbanski
05-30-07, 05:26 PM
The brake lights have nipples! LOL

post of the day

Playdrv4me
05-30-07, 05:40 PM
Thats gonna be one awesome car. Im already salivating over the regular one, the V is going to be unstoppable. I think this might finally give Cadillac, and the CTS in particular a boost in the world view.

BTW, if you guys need to you are always welcome to host images on www.q45.org under the Image Gallery. Thats Jesda's site and he has it setup just for that purpose. Most sites dont mind hotlinking, but some can be nasty about it.

CIWS
05-30-07, 06:18 PM
I think I'll wait until a final production model is displayed before I make any decisions about considering it for purchase.

silver bullet
05-30-07, 06:45 PM
http://www.caranddriver.com/dailyautoinsider/12833/spied-2009-cadillac-cts-v.html This says it all, straight from Lutz's mouth.

Rich H
05-30-07, 08:15 PM
That bulge in the hood is there for good reason. The July edition of Motor Trend that I just got in my mailbox says that the 2009 CTS V will have the supercharged LS7 - good for 600 hp. They say the naturally aspirated LS7 doesn't have enough low-end grunt for a 3600 lb car.

I can't wait to test drive the first one to come to town!

vettethret
05-30-07, 08:30 PM
That bulge in the hood is there for good reason. The July edition of Motor Trend that I just got in my mailbox says that the 2009 CTS V will have the supercharged LS7 - good for 600 hp. They say the naturally aspirated LS7 doesn't have enough low-end grunt for a 3600 lb car.

If the naturally aspirated ls7 doesnt have enough torque to push the car, what the hell are they saying about the current engine pushing the current car? If the motor is going to be supercharged, it would have the ls3, not the ls7. If my mom had a dic%, she'd be my dad!!! I'm waiting this one out!:highfive:

parexa
05-30-07, 08:31 PM

:lies:

Jon
05-30-07, 08:32 PM
Lutz has said the power will be unexpectedly high. Who knows, maybe GM "insiders" leaked out the 500 number to throw everyone off.

Adam
05-30-07, 08:40 PM
:lol: they said "massive bulge" :lol:

Eh... when she's finally in street clothes I'll make my decision on whether I like the looks or not. So far it doesn't look bad and I do like the smaller grille. If you all look at Jim's pic he posted you can see the outline of a Cadillac badge that was taken off. She's gonna be mean though. Hmmm... 525 sounds like a nice round number. 600hp? Someone's dreaming. I really hope I get proved wrong. Hopefully career changes will soon be coming and I can afford one. :)

Rich H
05-30-07, 09:14 PM
I knew this would raise some interest. Don't take my word for it.

rblimas
05-30-07, 09:22 PM
i hope those are not the production tail lights:helpless:

The Tony Show
05-30-07, 09:43 PM
Nah, they had the same goofy "nipple" camo on the regular CTS mules. I don't get the need for secrecy at this point as the CTS has already been shown. Perhaps that's an old CTS mule that has been retrofitted with the V suspension and powertrain?

StealthViggen
05-30-07, 10:44 PM
Ok..A few comments to the neigh sayers...

1. Obviously that is not the production hood, facia, or tailights
2. The new CTS rides on a sigma II chassis, which has the exact same wheelbase as the current car, so it's just as wide, has the same awesome suspension config, and is 50% stiffer.
3. Anyone who doubts that this car will be supercharged should go have someone kick them in the nuts. Between the buldge on the hood, that clearly has been taked on while they finalize the body work. Besides that the model designation is "GMX322 V S/C". Hmmm...I wonder what S/C could denote?
5. Definately the Brakes from the Z06..Mee likies!
6. A number of sources have indicated that a new diff will be going in the CTS and V. The good news...Same wheel base and chassis config mean a high probability for backward compatibility. ( lets pray for a recall replaced by new part!)

The interior and styling of the new CTS are a home run, let's put alittle faith in GM to at least meet that standard with the V. My Bets are still on a Northstar S/C from the other V models, but I'll be pleaseantly surprised if it gets the Vett SS LSA. Heed these words..this car will be a MONSTER. Truly a worthy adversary for any of the worlds Q Ships! AUDI, MB, and BMW need to beware this one.

GMBOUND
05-30-07, 10:52 PM
I knew this would raise some interest. Don't take my word for it.

Told ya red was the fastest!:thumbsup:

V-Love
05-30-07, 10:54 PM
I hope it looks as good as the current model. I can't wait untill it comes out. I can't wait untill all you sick chickens out there start ripping them apart and making them better. It will be like joining this forum all over again.

keeksv
05-30-07, 10:59 PM
I can't wait untill all you sick chickens out there start ripping them apart and making them better.

lol..I'm already looking into doing just that:alchi:

Jon
05-30-07, 11:05 PM
Nah, they had the same goofy "nipple" camo on the regular CTS mules. I don't get the need for secrecy at this point as the CTS has already been shown. Perhaps that's an old CTS mule that has been retrofitted with the V suspension and powertrain?
Perhaps the V gets different tail lights?

As for the blown Northstar comment. I hope not. I think it's going to stay with the Vette engine. It NEEDS it. The V IS the 4 door Corvette. :D

StealthViggen
05-30-07, 11:15 PM

As for the blown Northstar comment. I hope not. I think it's going to stay with the Vette engine. It NEEDS it. The V IS the 4 door Corvette. :D

I too hope for the new blown LSA, but lets face it..the XLR V IS a corvette, and it got the Northstar S/C. Not my first choice, but it's not to be discounted as a likely choice.

Jon
05-30-07, 11:17 PM
I too hope for the new blown LSA, but lets face it..the XLR V IS a corvette, and it got the Northstar S/C. Not my first choice, but it's not to be discounted as a likely choice.
True, but they couldn't put the LS7 in the XLR-V cause then it'd be right on par with the Vette, which is a no-no. With the CTS-V, they can do that, cause the extra weight will slow it down.. And don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you're wrong, lol!

:D

1fstkde
05-30-07, 11:31 PM
is that a full moonroof?? it look like it goes all the way to the back..

Jon
05-30-07, 11:39 PM
is that a full moonroof?? it look like it goes all the way to the back..
Yep. It's probably a 2 piece sunroof that looks like 1. I'm betting the front half tilts and slides, and the back just tilts.

The Tony Show
05-31-07, 12:23 AM
Yep. It's probably a 2 piece sunroof that looks like 1. I'm betting the front half tilts and slides, and the back just tilts.

Close, but no cigar- the back is stationary. The front does tilt or slide, and it has a power shade inside.

Those tail lights are not going to be on the production car. Cadillac heritage is a vertical, thin tail light that will be identical to the new V6 CTS.

wildwhl
05-31-07, 12:38 AM
Subscribing.

WW

V-Love
05-31-07, 12:41 AM
Told ya red was the fastest!:thumbsup:

I don't know about that.....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/38b886ef-0d2e-4e72-8c5e-993d00d9d7ef.htm

Sorry Kurlee.

lunarx
05-31-07, 01:09 AM
True, but they couldn't put the LS7 in the XLR-V cause then it'd be right on par with the Vette, which is a no-no. With the CTS-V, they can do that, cause the extra weight will slow it down..
:D
I don't think GM was really worried about protecting the Vette.
How could stealing some Vette sales with a car that costs 50% more be a bad thing?
As badly as the XLR-V sold you have to believe they just figured their demographic wrong by assuming they wanted 32V technology and a slushbox trans. :tisk:
Hopefully GM wises up and makes the XLR-V a real sports car on its next go around.

Unfortunately for CTS-V fans you got to figure GM already has a proven track record with Supercharged Northstars in Cadillacs and the CTS-V is a Cadillac.
I don't know of any other supercharged GM V8's.
Blue Devil/SS/Z07 can be experimental but I doubt Cadillac will take risks like that.

On the other hand, Cadillac should use whatever engine in the V that will give them the edge in their racing program.
That would be normally aspirated LS-7.
I can't see the rules bieng favorable to them if they go Supercharged.
Also, on-track reliability would tank.

lawfive
05-31-07, 01:38 AM
I don't give a happy crap about the racing program. Bring on the blower!

lunarx
05-31-07, 02:54 AM
Yes, we all want a blower, however the racing program is the only reason we even have a V in the first place.
Bean Counting Parties don't bring us fast reliable cars, Racing Programs do.
You can't say you don't giva a crap about that.

Koooop
05-31-07, 08:42 AM

Paging, Nickc50310. ("The Blower")

Kadonny
05-31-07, 09:10 AM
Yes, we all want a blower, however the racing program is the only reason we even have a V in the first place.
Bean Counting Parties don't bring us fast reliable cars, Racing Programs do.
You can't say you don't giva a crap about that.

The racing program already brought us the V, so it did it's job. This new car will be about the street, not the track, I think by now it is a foregone conclusion the car will be blown. I still think it will be the LSA, not a blown LS7 as MT states putting down somewhere in the 525 hp range. Just my opinion though.

The Tony Show
05-31-07, 11:00 AM
The racing program already brought us the V, so it did it's job. This new car will be about the street, not the track..... Just my opinion though.

I disagree. If they weren't serious about continuing the Race Program they wouldn't have hired Lawson Aschenbach. The GT cars are the #1 reason I doubt the Northstar SC as the engine, since it is nowhere near durable enough for that kind of duty. Supercharged pushrod will be the choice, now it's just a matter of which one (LS3, LSA, LS7, etc...).

Plenty of race programs are wildly successful running FI engines- just ask Audi.

Playdrv4me
05-31-07, 11:52 AM
Either way works for me, as long as it exceeds 500hp and its not being done by means of a Northstar!

ronr
05-31-07, 11:58 AM
6. A number of sources have indicated that a new diff will be going in the CTS and V. The good news...Same wheel base and chassis config mean a high probability for backward compatibility. ( lets pray for a recall replaced by new part!)

I highly doubt backward compatibility (at least not easily) since the new diff has wires interfacing it to the PCM :canttalk:

nickc50310
05-31-07, 12:28 PM
Paging, Nickc50310. ("The Blower")

YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU BASSSSSSSTARD!!!! LOL!!! Dont worry Koop- I will make everyone very proud in the next couple of weeks. I will make up for my screw up with the hot chick the other night! :sneaky:

Anywho- back on topic. I like the current CTS/CTS-V better at this point. Some of the things about the new model are pretty cool but some of it is dog ugly. I wont be able to make any kind of decisions until this thing comes out.

At this point I would probably not buy the next CTS or CTS-V just based on what I have seen.

The new V driveline and suspension speculations sure give me a woody but if Im not attracted to the body who cares. Its like dating a broad for whats inside!! F THAT!!! LOL!!

I got plenty of time to decide as Im not quite baller enough (or silly enough) to pay 300+ per month for insurance. i have pretty much ruled out all truly high performance cars until I am 30 years old and my insurance rates are reasonable.

At this point it looks like I will probably end keeping my current CTS FOREVER and then when I turn 30 I will get the new V8 G8 for my race car! HEHEHE :sneaky:

I will always own at least one caddy for the rest of my life. Its a vow I took when I got my first CTS!

mbiker97_old
05-31-07, 02:17 PM
5. Definately the Brakes from the Z06..Mee likies!

I have seen one with the 6 pot fronts with floating 2 piece rotors, but I'll bet a dollar to anyone that the brakes will stay the same as current (4 pot front and rears w/ 1-piece rotors).

lunarx
05-31-07, 02:51 PM
I have seen one with the 6 pot fronts with floating 2 piece rotors, but I'll bet a dollar to anyone that the brakes will stay the same as current (4 pot front and rears w/ 1-piece rotors).
Thats probably a good thing as as the C6 Z06 guys all seem to hate the on-track performance of the GM 6-Pots.
Words like caliper flex and brake fade and stupidly expensive pads are what I am hearing.
The Z06 6-pots are not Brembo BTW.

lawfive
05-31-07, 05:43 PM
Ahhh, aesthetics. "It's gorgeous!!" "It's crap!!"

I can only speak for me. I was unsure about the new CTS based on the pictures I saw, but fell in love when I saw it in person in Dallas. I know two more things:

The V version is going to look different. V guys, remember that it's only small styling tweaks that make our current CTS-Vs look remarkably different from the standard CTS.

You can't believe anything, and I mean anything, that you see on a development mule. If you kept track of all the base CTS test cars, you saw that the lights, grills, door handles, etc. varied significantly between them. Same with the body panels: vent holes on some; not on others. For all we know, to get the test pig pictured above, maybe they attached a big ugly piece of aluminum to the hood at the last minute just to accomodate a blower kit that hasn't been optimized to fit with the new engine bay / hood. Our maggie kit for our current CTS-V came THIS CLOSE to requiring a custom hood.

I won't know nuttin bout no stylin until next year. I suspect I'll be at whichever auto show hosts the V debut.

CIWS
05-31-07, 08:27 PM

I can only speak for me. I was unsure about the new CTS based on the pictures I saw, but fell in love when I saw it in person in Dallas. I know two more things:

The V version is going to look different. V guys, remember that it's only small styling tweaks that make our current CTS-Vs look remarkably different from the standard CTS.

You can't believe anything, and I mean anything, that you see on a development mule. If you kept track of all the base CTS test cars, you saw that the lights, grills, door handles, etc. varied significantly between them. Same with the body panels: vent holes on some; not on others. For all we know, to get the test pig pictured above, maybe they attached a big ugly piece of aluminum to the hood at the last minute just to accomodate a blower kit that hasn't been optimized to fit with the new engine bay / hood. Our maggie kit for our current CTS-V came THIS CLOSE to requiring a custom hood.

I won't know nuttin bout no stylin until next year. I suspect I'll be at whichever auto show hosts the V debut.

Fuk :yeah:

Koooop
05-31-07, 08:38 PM

I love the look of the base car and the interior is a huge bonus. Some fat tires and some ground effects are only going to make it look better.

I saw the car somewhere, very sharp.

Chef
05-31-07, 10:24 PM
Mo food for my SOULETR to chew on....:lildevil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLxhRwnFhag

coach123
05-31-07, 11:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard if the 09 V will have a new rear end since it has the increase in HP? If so could this be the fix for our rear end or should I go ahead and look into having a solid one built now. I was holding off since my warranty doesn't end until 2011 but I'd really like to get a procharger put on.

nikon
05-31-07, 11:56 PM
who knows...all we can do is wait...any information is purely speculation.

LV_V
06-01-07, 12:31 AM
I would bet my pink slip on the 09 V having a different diff. And, I would probably put the same bet on the 09 V diff not being backwards compatible with the current generation V.

v84life
06-01-07, 12:34 AM
It will not have the northstar ,that motor is old and being replaced. My bet is on a ls motor of some sort 500+hp. The racing program will continue without a hitch and will keep winning. Another point, this is a test mule and that is it. Maybe ZERO production bits on it even the grill. Have you seen any of the test mule photos of the super vette? All of them are a standard Z06 with a crappy hood bulge just like the V. They will not produce a super Vette that looks like a plain Z06 not for north of a 100k! Remember the ZR-1:canttalk: I have a gut fealing that GM just might get it right:lildevil: We may all like the current style better but we really have nothing yet to compare. All I can say is ,this is going to be a BEAST with a warranty:cloud9: God bless America

rand49er
06-01-07, 06:01 AM
I agree, backwards compatible is probably wishful thinking.

However, if some resourceful, enterprising soul were to engineer a way to do it for under, say, $1k ... :worship: .

urbanski
06-01-07, 07:21 AM
merged, lets try to not have 1000 09V threads

StealthV
06-01-07, 09:18 AM
Will the 20" wheels make it to production?

What, no AWD on the mule?

Wires.

Late BrakeU2
06-01-07, 11:01 AM
I disagree. If they weren't serious about continuing the Race Program they wouldn't have hired Lawson Aschenbach. The GT cars are the #1 reason I doubt the Northstar SC as the engine, since it is nowhere near durable enough for that kind of duty. Supercharged pushrod will be the choice, now it's just a matter of which one (LS3, LSA, LS7, etc...).

Plenty of race programs are wildly successful running FI engines- just ask Audi.

Lawson is quick and young,but make no mistake Andy Pilgrim is the guy they surround themselves around for results.Lots of fast guest drivers over the last couple of year but Andy's consistency and measured speed is what has delivered manufacturers(and drivers) championships for a long time.

lawfive
06-01-07, 11:31 AM
On a different note: it turns out that wearing your Pittsburgh Steeler shirt to work on casual Friday is a good way to find out who all the Oakland Raider fans are. :lol:

Imperator
06-01-07, 11:41 AM
Wires.

Hmm, it's not the wires that interest me so much as to what purpose they're for. The housing looks similar to ours (dimension-wise), although [hopefully] this new one is made of steel. As for the wires, well to me it looks like one harness connects to a sensor (temperature?) and the others go to an electric motor--perhaps a pump for a remote fluid cooler? Good stuff!

The Tony Show
06-01-07, 11:56 AM
Will the 20" wheels make it to production?

What, no AWD on the mule?

Wires.

Where did you get hold of that picture? I'm liking what appears to be a fluid pump attached to that diff, as well as the exhaust routing (not sitting on 1/2" from the diff like ours).

thebigjimsho
06-01-07, 12:21 PM
I haven't been on this earth for that long, but I think I'd know of the word potyentail...

lawfive
06-01-07, 12:57 PM
I'm glad I resisted... big jim swoops in and does it for me!

urbanski
06-01-07, 01:00 PM
I haven't been on this earth for that long, but I think I'd know of the word potyentail...

did you quote somebody? i think i deleted their post and messed yours up

The Tony Show
06-01-07, 01:14 PM
potyentail...

Sounds like an ingredient in a SOBE drink....

"Now with 5ml of Potyentail!"

JimmyH
06-01-07, 01:43 PM
The good news...Same wheel base and chassis config mean a high probability for backward compatibility. ( lets pray for a recall replaced by new part!)

:rofl:

Starting to look like 2009 CTS-V=$60000+ (b4 initial dealer markups)

rcotteleer
06-01-07, 01:43 PM
It was supposed to be "potential" I tried to edit to avoid the abuse, but wasn't to be my day. The topic was on the mention of the 2-door version of the CTS-V in this article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/12202/2008-cadillac-cts.html

I can speel, really I can

JimmyH
06-01-07, 01:55 PM
Hey Urb, kind of off-topic, kind of not;

When the next gen V (and reg CTS for that matter) hits, are you guys going to create separate forums to separate different gen discussions?

Just a recommendation. I think you should, at least for the V.

urbanski
06-01-07, 02:05 PM
dunno, didnt do it for the escalade....guess thats up to Sal and the majority of users here

thebigjimsho
06-01-07, 02:27 PM
It was supposed to be "potential" I tried to edit to avoid the abuse, but wasn't to be my day. The topic was on the mention of the 2-door version of the CTS-V in this article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/12202/2008-cadillac-cts.html

I can speel, really I canI was thinking it was ponytail, as in wiring.

Actually, I was thinking of Eddie Murphy. SNL. Mr. Robinson's neighborhood.

lawfive
06-01-07, 03:04 PM
I can speel, really I can

:rofl: rcotteleer, you're rapidly becoming my favorite!

-- The Grammar Police

Kael
06-01-07, 03:44 PM
the fluid line may be for a differential squirter to get the fluid everywhere and make sure the diff stays cool. this has become a great boon in the grandprix world recently. the other sensor may be for temperature to activate when the diff squirter is running.

you can simply plug both holes and retro fit it into the current chassis.
(umm pretty sure on this one, like 75%)
same getrag case mounts, same bolt holes, same position.

The Tony Show
06-01-07, 03:54 PM
same getrag case mounts, same bolt holes, same position.

Unless that's not a pic of the new V, but a current one with some mods.....

lawfive
06-01-07, 04:42 PM
Tony, I can't remember. Are you a Caddy service guy, a sales guy, or none of the above?

The Tony Show
06-01-07, 04:53 PM
Cadillac Salesman for 8 years. But don't let that fool you- I'm actually a pretty nice guy. Sometimes I tell people at parties that I'm a crack dealer to avoid the look I get when I say "Salesman". :D

lawfive
06-01-07, 04:56 PM
:lol:

lawfive
06-01-07, 04:58 PM
At least you're a knowledgeable one. I don't want to tell you all the BS things my sales guy told me when I test drove my '05 V. He basically knew one thing: "It's pretty fast!"

He was right.

lawfive
06-01-07, 05:00 PM
Who can point me to info on the 'LSA' motor? I Googled, to no avail.

lawfive
06-01-07, 06:07 PM
And yet everybody talks about it...

Koooop
06-01-07, 06:38 PM
All I've seen is mention in some car mags, I guess we have to wait and see it.

urbanski
06-01-07, 07:03 PM
A = 42

StealthViggen
06-01-07, 07:36 PM
I don't know why people are freaked about "WIRES" ....oh no..."WIRES"...what shall we do!!! All I said was that the Chassis and rear suspension config will be near Identical, so "high" probability it will retrofit without major issue. I didn't say an exact fit. Anyhow, if people have been going to great lengths (Ie Freaking custom 9" setups on complete new subframes for many thosusands of dollars) I don't see why we are being so defeatest about some wires. That all I am saying the subject untill I order my new V in 2010 sometime...

The Tony Show
06-01-07, 08:24 PM
The reason for the "freakout" on the wires is simple:

If the new diff is electronically controlled, there's no retrofitting it unless someone manages to write the necessary software to control it and make it compatible with our PCM.

rand49er
06-01-07, 10:44 PM
Heard a rumor today from a guy whose "connected" though I'm not sure how well connected he is. Definitely knows a lot people and has lots of contacts.

He says the new CTS-V will have an LS7, BUT -- and here's the rub -- he says it'll not be the same engine as what's in the Z06 at present, but will have slightly less robust internals and about 460-ish hp.

I'm just passing this on for what it's worth. :stirpot:

Rich H
06-01-07, 10:59 PM
It will be a 7 liter SUPERCHARGED LS7 good for 550 to 600 hp - just like advertised in the attached video. Why would GM waste their time on anything less than what the competition has to offer now?http://www.motortrend.com/av/future/112_0612_cadillac_cts_v/

StealthV
06-01-07, 11:09 PM
A decontented LS7 seems plausible for cost savings - Remove the dry sump, fancy connecting rods, etc...

Wires = electronic limited slip differential.

Just put a toggle switch on the old Vs - Flip the switch on for Detroit-locker mode and off for the classic one-wheel-wonder.

JimmyH
06-01-07, 11:13 PM
Heard a rumor today from a guy whose "connected" though I'm not sure how well connected he is. Definitely knows a lot people and has lots of contacts.

He says the new CTS-V will have an LS7, BUT -- and here's the rub -- he says it'll not be the same engine as what's in the Z06 at present, but will have slightly less robust internals and about 460-ish hp.

I'm just passing this on for what it's worth. :stirpot:

That's what I said months ago, LS7, but not hand built. Add a supercharger (seems certain from the hood in the spy photos) and 600 hp (what MT is claiming) sounds about right.

This could all just all be clever manipulation by GM you know. What are you going to do with 600 hp anyway? Get sideways at 70 mph?

The Tony Show
06-01-07, 11:21 PM
Points for "One-wheel-wonder"

:histeric:

Koooop
06-02-07, 12:18 AM
That's what I said months ago, LS7, but not hand built. Add a supercharger (seems certain from the hood in the spy photos) and 600 hp (what MT is claiming) sounds about right.

This could all just all be clever manipulation by GM you know. What are you going to do with 600 hp anyway? Get sideways at 70 mph?

Why yes, I would get sideways at 70 MPH! Sounds like fun!

Koooop
06-02-07, 12:24 AM
I love the article below, I know it's a repost.

The 2009 CTS-V will use the “LSA” motor. This is another new supercharged, small block V8. This new blown V8 will be good for at least 500hp.

A number of 515-525hp may even be possible, and even higher numbers have been rumored. The CTS-V will feature a supercharger integrated into the intake manifold. This is the same setup the upcoming Corvette SS / Blue Devil will have with its LS9 motor.

However, while the Corvette SS motor will be hand built at the Performance Build Center in Wixom, MI, the Cadillac’s LSA motor will be built in a conventional motor plant. Automatic and manual transmissions will be available, and an optional paddle shift feature is also anticipated. Production on the new CTS V-Series will start in September of 2008, and will be limited to about 7000 units annually. Internally, GM is referring to the car as “GMX322 V S/C.”

In the past, the current CTS-V has suffered from rear-end problems. Specifically, wheel hop. The 2009 CTS-V will feature a completely re-done rear end with a much better rear axle. Sources say this has eliminated the wheel hop issue altogether. The ‘09 will continue to utilize a massive set of brembo brakes up front and in back. While the wheels on this prototype are not production spec, the wider tires and larger exhaust pipes certainly are. Bob Lutz has been quoted saying the 2009 CTS-V “will be at a power level only described as unexpectedly high.”

Then referencing the current BMW M5, Lutz said the CTSV “will suck the doors off” the competition if the new M5 isn’t significantly better. After driving a prototype, Lutz said “flat-out incredible. I’ve never driven anything like that.”

Drool, drool.

dennis
06-02-07, 12:29 AM
July '07 Motor Trend Magazine page 18. Awesome 600 horse power LS7 supercharged V-8 slated for the '09. Can't stop looking at the picture.

Jon
06-02-07, 01:24 AM
M what?

dennis
06-02-07, 01:43 AM
My post isn't clear?

bossplayer
06-02-07, 01:47 AM
M what?

M stands for Majorly behind you.

dennis
06-02-07, 01:51 AM
I'm not proficient at using this forum but I thought I would bring the picture and article to my fellow CTS V owners. The new model exceeds my expectations.

thebigjimsho
06-02-07, 02:13 AM
Wow, it's 2007 already. I love my V! So what do you think of the upcoming V? Is it going to be awesome or what? Like 700hp s/c LS69!

StealthViggen
06-02-07, 02:33 AM
The reason for the "freakout" on the wires is simple:

If the new diff is electronically controlled, there's no retrofitting it unless someone manages to write the necessary software to control it and make it compatible with our PCM.

Clearly I understand that we are talking about an electronic Differential and it's not just "wires". My simple statement here is that if people have been investing large amount of time and money to engineer custom subframes, and mounting Diffs that were never intended for the car, which in my opinion are pretty risky and involved procedures, then the statement that it will bolt in, but require some electronic customization to work is still a reasonable retrofit. Hell we don't know if it just operates in some default mechanical fashion if the harness is cut or fails(Which it must, as I assume if there was a failure it's wouldn't stop you dead. All I am saying is it would be nice, and seems like a reasonable option, as opposed to hacking the subframe and diff.

nickc50310
06-02-07, 03:03 AM
Hah hah hah 69!!!

rblimas
06-02-07, 03:10 AM
Hah hah hah 69!!!

hahhahaha

dennis
06-02-07, 03:18 AM
The engine is everything I could hope for in this new iteration. Hopefully, the powertrain is a significant improvement over the current configuration. The interior finish of my '04 will need a serious makeover to compete with the likes of a M5 and RS4 if that is the intended target.

V-Love
06-02-07, 03:19 AM
I think this is what he is talking about. It looks like the current model with a ground effects kit. Have we seen this pic before???
http://www.motortrend.com/future/spied_vehicles/112_0607_2007_cadillac_cts_v/

Then there is this video.
http://www.motortrend.com/av/future/112_0612_cadillac_cts_v/
Sources say...........its loaded with WOO WOOOOO!(insert whistler tip boy here).

I want more info!

CIWS
06-02-07, 08:25 AM
If that's true and it's a blown LS7, this next car will easily be 65K+

JimmyH
06-02-07, 11:25 AM

Better start saving the pennies (ALOT of them)...

The Tony Show
06-02-07, 11:30 AM

I doubt it. The new CTS with the 3.6L, the fancy new interior, bigger wheels, more expensive body stamping, LED tails, etc, etc, etc... is going to sticker for less than a base 2007.

Much to my chagrin (as a salesperson), GM is serious about their "Total Value Promise" and continues to build more expensive cars and not raise the price at all, choosing instead to cut the dealers' profit to nothing. It's great as a consumer, but crap for someone trying to hold a reasonable profit. As it is now, you barely make a few hundred (commision) if you sell a CTS at window sticker- and guess how often that happens....:rant2:

Count on the '09 V coming in under $60k.

CVP33
06-02-07, 11:51 AM
I doubt it. The new CTS with the 3.6L, the fancy new interior, bigger wheels, more expensive body stamping, LED tails, etc, etc, etc... is going to sticker for less than a base 2007.

Much to my chagrin (as a salesperson), GM is serious about their "Total Value Promise" and continues to build more expensive cars and not raise the price at all, choosing instead to cut the dealers' profit to nothing. It's great as a consumer, but crap for someone trying to hold a reasonable profit. As it is now, you barely make a few hundred (commision) if you sell a CTS at window sticker- and guess how often that happens....:rant2:

Count on the '09 V coming in under $60k.
As promised, if all this speculation comes true I'll be back. Sick ain't it. V love is like a disease. That damned car failed me more times than I care to remember and I'm still willing to get back in. LOL. Here's what I need:

500+HP / 475TQ(could care less how they get it, just get it)
Bullet proof Trans / Diff.
No wheel hop
5 lug wheels

They've already taken care of the interior issues from what I've seen.

wildwhl
06-02-07, 12:00 PM
:ack:

urbanski
06-02-07, 12:06 PM

need a smilie for that

JimmyH
06-02-07, 12:13 PM
This is thread is even better than the last 5 V speculation threads.

urbanski
06-02-07, 12:17 PM
:ack: added

urbanski
06-02-07, 12:17 PM

didnt i merge them all here?

wildwhl
06-02-07, 12:19 PM
Thanks urby.

Jon
06-02-07, 12:29 PM
All threads started by me kick ass ;)

lol j/k

urbanski
06-02-07, 12:31 PM
All threads started by me kick ass ;)

lol j/k

well....you do have the hugest 08 CTS thread haha.... since it was a high-quality first post and i merged 10000 other threads into it :D

JimmyH
06-02-07, 12:32 PM
didnt i merge them all here?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/104361-pics-2009-v.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/103828-latest-08-v.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/101975-no-cts-v-2008-a.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/102146-more-09-v-rumors.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/99599-2008-cts-v-500-horsepower.html

Sorry Urb, I'm just funnin'.

urbanski
06-02-07, 12:36 PM
bah, i'm just lazy then :emo:

Koooop
06-02-07, 12:43 PM
This should be named "The V Spec Spec thread".

Dave's V
06-03-07, 12:52 AM
There was an article about the 09V in one of the recent car mags. They are saying 600hp from a "detuned" SC LS7. I just hope the rear end is rated for 650hp.

Now I have to wait to 08/09 to see the next remodel before I buy another V (had to trade my old one in due to a medical condition). At least I'll be able to afford this one as a weekend driver this time.

Toddr19
06-04-07, 01:27 PM
600HP....supercharged 7.0 liter.....2WD or AWD....I am in love.

Ill take mine in black please.

I hope its performance, luxury and handling are up to par with the new M5.

vettethret
06-04-07, 01:34 PM
Where did you get this info?

Toddr19
06-04-07, 01:39 PM
In the latest issue of Motor Trend mag

urbanski
06-04-07, 01:46 PM
:rolleyes:

parexa
06-04-07, 01:47 PM
the pic was in this thread already and it aint official

LV_V
06-04-07, 01:58 PM

Where do they get their information and feel the audacity to list a blown 7.0 liter in the 09 V??
Shit, if thats accurate I'll put down my money now! lol (I wouldn't hold my breath)

vettethret
06-04-07, 02:09 PM

In the latest issue of Motor Trend mag

Cant find it on motor trend online?

HushH
06-04-07, 02:11 PM
MT doesn't have any more of a clue what it will actually be than anyone else on this board.

JimmyH
06-04-07, 02:23 PM
MT doesn't have any more of a clue what it will actually be than anyone else on this board.

You have to admit though they do some fine work on composite images. It almost looks real. In one of last year's issues, I cannot now remember which car, I thought a composite was a real photo at first.

sjk
06-04-07, 02:26 PM
Cant find it on motor trend online?

just found this:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_0707_2009_cadillac_cts_v/

vettethret
06-04-07, 03:09 PM
just found this:

Good find sjk.

All of that new power PLUS the car looses 200lbs?:alchi: :bsflag: :drink2:

Art138
06-04-07, 03:29 PM
Buy the July issue of Motor Trend; its on page 18....

Oversized CTS
06-04-07, 03:55 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/04/mt-reports-cadillac-cts-v-gets-600hp-corvette-blue-devil-engine/

Edit: just noticed this was already in the other thread. sorry for the repost :(

HushH
06-04-07, 04:02 PM
You have to admit though they do some fine work on composite images. It almost looks real. In one of last year's issues, I cannot now remember which car, I thought a composite was a real photo at first.

That they do. Their renderings are some of the best. I just wish my copy would get here so I could get a first-hand view of it .

onebadcad
06-04-07, 04:04 PM
Great news, I will buy one, maybe two, but also hope GM does not re-think if Al Gore gets in the White House:stirpot: .

V-Smooth
06-04-07, 04:21 PM
Hmmm, this brings up the question of MSRP...$70K? Last time I was at my dealership my salesman said that they plan on taking pre-orders in late '07. Seems a bit early to me but next time I'm down there I'm going to inquire further. I'm liking the sounds of this already...

dqw1
06-04-07, 05:08 PM
If it comes in under 60k, if it's over 500hp if they fix the rear and if the CTS looks better in person than all of the pics I've seen I'll probably get in line.
If not, I'm hunting for a used AMG.

lawfive
06-04-07, 05:10 PM
I'll have to see one before I plunk money down. And I don't expect to see one any earlier than January, in Detroit.

I don't have the chops to drive a fugly car the way CVP33 can.

lawfive
06-04-07, 05:11 PM
dqw1, the base CTS looks dramatically better in person. We may differ on whether we like the look, but I can tell you that I was on the fence about the pictures. But the real deal is the real deal.

CIWS
06-04-07, 05:24 PM
Bah I don't believe you, you've never seen the new CTS in person up close. The only people they let get close to those up on the pedestals at the car shows are Cadi execs and members of the V racing team !

http://www.ciws.net/smiles/camera.gif

http://www.ciws.net/smiles/cartman2.gif

jasaero
06-04-07, 05:25 PM
Yeah. I saw the base one. It looks pretty cool. I think opinions will differ on all the light pipes and other jewelry it has, but it works in most all cases. I am still not sure if I prefer the base grill or what will apparently be a grill looking just like ours. I sorta woulda liked to see the base grill improved upon somehow on the V rather than just doing mesh like our cars. Seems that base grill could look really good with some mesh behind thos little wing thingys.

urbanski
06-04-07, 06:10 PM
:42:

dqw1
06-04-07, 07:11 PM
Hey Law, no argument here. I recall the 1st time I seen the CTS it was all I could think of buying and I was working overseas in the Marshall Islands at the time. Most people laughed when I told them the biggest reason for leaving my job was to buy a CTS. I bought ONE within a week of arriving stateside and broke down and traded for a V 4 months later. I want the 08 CTS (when I see it) give me the same feeling about owning the 09 V.

Koooop
06-04-07, 07:50 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8029495293276651129&pr=goog-sl

I think this pretty much sums things up.

ronr
06-04-07, 07:57 PM
The only people they let get close to those up on the pedestals at the car shows are Cadi execs and members of the V racing team !

I sat in one of the Euro spec mules a few months ago at the proving ground and the interior was fantastic! But I did notice the view out the back was worse than on our cars due to the increased rake of the rear glass (all the harder to see those Hemi's when we blow their doors off :bouncy: )

CIWS
06-04-07, 08:05 PM
Inside joke ronr

urbanski
06-04-07, 08:20 PM
:dallas: joke

CIWS
06-04-07, 08:26 PM
:dallas: joke

:yeah:

lawfive
06-04-07, 08:32 PM
Oooo, I fergot bout that. "Hi, my name is Andy Pilgrim." :lol:

urbanski
06-05-07, 07:03 AM
i'd let andy make a new 09V thread, but nobody else :lol:

rand49er
06-05-07, 07:44 AM
... I don't have the chops to drive a fugly car the way CVP33 can.:histeric: Oh my, that was funny!

ronr
06-05-07, 07:46 AM
Inside joke ronr

I see...

kanned
06-05-07, 01:23 PM

What's good for the Blue Devil is good for the Cadillac CTS-v. The next-generation muscle-Caddy, which is expected in the 2009 model year along with the quicker-than-Z06 Chevrolet Corvette, also will get the supercharged LS7 7.0-liter powerplant. While the Blue Devil, which will be named Z07, will have about 700-horsepower ("Trend," June), expect the engine to be detuned somewhat for the CTS-v to about 600 horses.

That's still well above the competition's numbers. The BMW M3 and Audi RS4 come in at 420 horsepower, and the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG looks to be about 503 horsepower, same as the CLK63 AMG Black Series that made its debut at the New York show.

On paper, the Z06's 505-horsepower, 7.0-liter has enough grunt to give the CTS-v the edge over its European rivals. But the naturally aspirated Z06 engine is said to lack enough low-end torque for a car of the Cadillac's weight. The Z06 weighs just over 3200 pounds; the new CTS-v is likely to tip the scales at about 3600.

Expect themes from the current Cadillac CTS-v to carry through to the new model, including stiffer springs and shocks, meaty Brembo brakes, a quicker steering ratio, fender blisters, and lower front and rear deck spoilers, a mesh grille, and nicely bolstered front seats.

kanned
06-05-07, 01:23 PM
http://images.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_0707_02z+2009_cadillac_cts_v+front_three_quart er_rendering.jpg

thebigjimsho
06-05-07, 01:50 PM
Well, I will say, if it hits both 6 marks, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. 600hp and $60G or under. Even if I had to sell the current V to do it...

chesrowncadillac
06-05-07, 02:06 PM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/next-cadillac-cts-v-to-get-600-horsepower.html#more-5135

thebigjimsho
06-05-07, 02:09 PM
Oh urby....

Urby......

Urby!!!!!

URBY!

odla
06-05-07, 02:20 PM
ha ha lol . he must be sleeping. wake up urb

RamAir02
06-05-07, 02:27 PM
I like cars that can suck doors off BMWs :D

Kael
06-05-07, 03:03 PM
well its not really speculation, its new information.
so i don't think it gets the axe

Silver Dollar
06-05-07, 03:07 PM
Lambo doors, whistle tips, 24" rims, V stickers, nitrogen filled tires, CAI horsepower gains.....ALL IN BEFORE THE KILL (merge)!!!!!

urbanski
06-05-07, 03:12 PM
:mad:

Koooop
06-05-07, 03:37 PM
There's new info on the 09 V!

Sadly the thread has been moved, you click it and end up here. Must have been top secret stuff.

thebigjimsho
06-05-07, 03:41 PM
How is it new info? Rumors of every engine config has been speculated on since day 1...

JimmyH
06-05-07, 04:17 PM
No matter how much we speculate, I am sure GM has the 09 V in the bag by now. So can't we start a 2014 CTS-V speculation thread?

urbanski
06-05-07, 04:31 PM
no...its Chesrowns post

urbanski
06-05-07, 04:32 PM
No matter how much we speculate, I am sure GM has the 09 V in the bag by now. So can't we start a 2014 CTS-V speculation thread?

yes please start that thread.

JimmyH
06-05-07, 07:40 PM
You know, IF all this is true, and if the CTS-V will be a "de-tuned" 600 hp, I wonder how possible it would be to "retune" it to 700 hp.

z06bigbird
06-05-07, 08:45 PM
Confusius once say:

Drivers who like bulge in hood also like bulge in pants.

thebigjimsho
06-05-07, 09:48 PM
Confusius once say:

Drivers who like bulge in hood also like bulge in pants.So that means we have to be gay to buy the next V? Hmmm...

lawfive
06-05-07, 09:56 PM
Confusius also say:

Liking bulge in pants is ok, if bulge is there for right reason.

Silver Dollar
06-05-07, 11:08 PM
So that means we have to be gay to buy the next V? Hmmm...

Jim, I wonder if that incident you had at band camp back in the 8th grade would qualify you?

ahahnu
06-05-07, 11:56 PM
Was it a trumpet or trombone?

thebigjimsho
06-06-07, 12:08 AM
Jim, I wonder if that incident you had at band camp back in the 8th grade would qualify you?If I ever had an incident, it would have been at alligator wrestling, bangin supermodel or buildin racecar camp...

Koooop
06-06-07, 12:16 AM
Confusius once say:

Drivers who like bulge in hood also like bulge in pants.

The new V is creating a bulge in my own pants, and I like it very much thank you. :thumbsup:

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 12:23 AM
Confucius also say, "Man who drops watch in toilet has sh*tty time".

Back on topic- The "detuning" will probably be in the form of spark timing and compression ratio. It's amazing how much difference spark timing makes on a Supercharged engine. Once somebody gets a guinea pig in StealthV's hands we'll be in good shape. :D

rand49er
06-06-07, 07:42 AM
Confucious say, "Many men smoke, but fu man chu."

I say 42 RWHP for the 2042 V. :D

CIWS
06-06-07, 08:26 AM
The 2309 V will have Warp Drive capability.

Confucious say "Girl who fly upside down in plane, have crack up."

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 08:58 AM
"Man who stands on toilet is high on pot"

urbanski
06-06-07, 09:03 AM
confucious say "nobody ****ing pay attention to stickies"

CIWS
06-06-07, 09:07 AM
I am Mr. urb :D

thebigjimsho
06-06-07, 09:08 AM
I am Mr. urb :DNo, you're CIWS.

trukk
06-06-07, 09:14 AM
YA09VR:

This time it's an LSA 500 Ish HP:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070606/AUTO03/706060316/1149

-Chris

urbanski
06-06-07, 09:24 AM
I am Mr. urb :D

No, you're CIWS.

:haha:

Kadonny
06-06-07, 10:30 AM
YA09VR:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070606/AUTO03/706060316/1149

-Chris

Chris, now that one I think is accurate.

No way GM is bumping from 400 to 600 hp. It just ain't gonna happen folks. Wake up :thepan: . The LSA rumor is probably the ticket at about 525 hp.

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 10:35 AM

No way GM is bumping from 400 to 600 hp. It just ain't gonna happen folks. Wake up :thepan: . The LSA rumor is probably the ticket at about 525 hp.

I agree, and have been saying it for a while:

-Just over 500 hp
-New CTS interior (minus the wood)
-Automatic optional
-Under $60k

=

Huge Winner for Cadillac.

It doesn't need 600hp to win the paper race with M and AMG- it needs proper suspension design and gearing so it can launch properly and beat them in a heads-up comparo. In order for these cars to take off, people need to see MT and C&D raving about the interior, acceleration and handling. Cadillac doesn't quite have the street cred to outprice MB and BMW yet, but if they do this one right it will go a long way.

More peak HP won't accomplish anything if the price is too high or the axle tramp isn't fixed.

JimmyH
06-06-07, 10:57 AM
600 hp would start a horsepower war with BMW and Chrysler that no one would win (except the body shops that would be fixing all the wrecked Vs, Ms and SRTs.)

JimmyH
06-06-07, 11:01 AM
YA09VR:

-Chris

If an automatic becomes available, good luck finding a standard at the dealerships. They will be likely be few and far between, and probably get marked up.

Art138
06-06-07, 11:10 AM
Although GM could capture more of the high end market with a 600HP beast... and could squeeze between 65-70 thousand from M5/M6 and AMG series MB prospective buyers. Will be interesting how the competitors react to the MT speculation......

Late BrakeU2
06-06-07, 01:52 PM

That article appears to have far more fact that the MTone.Historically GM never challenges the vettes #"s with any other platform.Closest ever was the 04/5 V and C5 Z06 (with a scant 10 less due to airbox)but I think that was due mainly to them needing to use up all their LS6 inventory.

Blown LS7 sounds great,but that would put it around sticker on an STS and it's a small jump from there to an M5 or E63.They have to keep it competively priced or it will lose market share to the established panzerwagons.
Just my .02 and all could be moot with the looming new CAFE standards..

StealthCTSVJJL
06-06-07, 02:02 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that if Cadillac can keep the CTS-V's price range in the 60-65k range AND offer 600 hp they will lift M3, RS4, IS-F, and C63 customers from the other brands. No one is even close to that figure and there is no better selling point than saying "this car has 200 more hp than than the rest". I still believe that M5 and CLS63 customers will not trade their cars in for a Cadillac, but it will certainly raise some eyebrows and Caddy needs that to strengthen their prestige car image, for future products, and more importantly future customers in the higher price ranges.
Of course this leads to the inevitable question: If the CTS-V is given 600 hp, what will the next STS-V get? I would not be surprised to see the XLR-V go away it was a major sales bomb, but the STS V can go head to head with the M5 and CLS63 and upcoming Audi RS6 if given the right firepower, like a 650 HP verison of the CTS-V engine. As enticing as a 55K 450 HP with proper diff sounds for the 09 CTS-V, Cadillac is also eyeballing a new entry level vehicle based on a Holden design more in the size of the 3 series Bimmer, that one may carry on the torch in the future with a 400 or so HP engine and a 50 or maybe even less price tag!
It would make good business sense for Cadillac and GM.

Jon
06-06-07, 02:18 PM
600hp will happen. GM has balls. Lutz has already said the next CTS-V would suck the doors right off a M5.

Silver Dollar
06-06-07, 02:58 PM
Confusus say: "man who go to bed with itchy bung wake up with smelly finger"

Silver Dollar
06-06-07, 03:05 PM
Here's what they should have done with the XLR-V:

Ditch the northstar, intstall an LS7 and offer a 6 speed option.

Keep everything else and it would have been worth the $100K MSRP (ok, maybe not, but it maybe $80k which is what they're giving them away for now)

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 03:08 PM
A 525hp car with a torquey cam, 3.93 gears and the ability to paint two solid black stripes on the ground will suck the doors off an M5.

Proper gearing is the part of the puzzle everyone seems to forget about.

Jon
06-06-07, 03:13 PM

Keep everything else and it would have been worth the $100K MSRP (ok, maybe not, but it maybe $80k which is what they're giving them away for now)
They can't have soemthing so close to the Vette.

GNSCOTT
06-06-07, 03:29 PM
09 CTS-V msrp $84,995 Crystal ball is quite clear on this one.

HushH
06-06-07, 03:35 PM
09 CTS-V msrp $84,995 Crystal ball is quite clear on this one.

If that were the case, they'd sell about 700 rather than 7000.

Late BrakeU2
06-06-07, 03:50 PM
[quote=StealthCTSVJJL;1106410]There is no doubt in my mind that if Cadillac can keep the CTS-V's price range in the 60-65k range AND offer 600 hp they will lift M3, RS4, IS-F, and C63 customers from the other brands.quote]

600 H.P.would put it in some elite six figure company..just can't see them being able to build and sell it for mid sixties.

Lutz actually delivered as promised on the C6Z,but he also came up with the Aztec..maybe he learned something with the Z06's amazingly still strong markup.

If it has an LS7,even N/A i'll sell my 05 and step firmly up to the plate.I'll wager quite a few tuners are hoping it doesn't..pretty hard to improve on that level of performance with a warranty.

StealthCTSVJJL
06-06-07, 04:14 PM
If you have any doubts here is the real and future heir of Caddy's M3, S4 challenger, they will surely make a V version around the HP and price of our current V, The CTS-V moves up to battle the likes of M5 and CLS63 on the horsepower front, but will be slightly smaller and a lot cheaper!
http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/112_070604_cadillac_bmw_fighter/

Kadonny
06-06-07, 04:25 PM
600hp will happen. GM has balls. Lutz has already said the next CTS-V would suck the doors right off a M5.

Keep dreaming Jon, 600 hp won't happen.

As Tony said, with torque nearing the 500 mark and correct gearing, a 525 hp V will suck the doors off an M5, just as Lutz said.

JimmyH
06-06-07, 04:26 PM
all could be moot with the looming new CAFE standards..

I dont think the V series is volume enough to make a significant hit on GM's CAFE.

..maybe he learned something with the Z06's amazingly still strong markup.

I bet Z06 buyers are much more willing to shell out than CTS-V buyers.

Silver Dollar
06-06-07, 04:44 PM
Silver Dollar

They can't have soemthing so close to the Vette.

If that's GM's rational for making a "high performance" XLR nutless, then why bother. Especially if they're going to charge $30k over the Z06's MSRP.

If that's true then the likelyhood of a 600 hp CTS-V for $55k is a fantasy.

May as well wish for a Heather Locklear seat cover option.
http://www.pmpnetwork.com/photos5/HeatherLocklear.jpg

Kadonny
06-06-07, 04:49 PM
Could you have not gotton a better pic of her? Dayum.

I'll take the HL seatcover option, but I want them to look a little more modern.

Silver Dollar
06-06-07, 04:50 PM
whadda ya mean? she's hawt!

Koooop
06-06-07, 05:23 PM
[quote=StealthCTSVJJL;1106410]There is no doubt in my mind that if Cadillac can keep the CTS-V's price range in the 60-65k range AND offer 600 hp they will lift M3, RS4, IS-F, and C63 customers from the other brands.quote]

600 H.P.would put it in some elite six figure company..just can't see them being able to build and sell it for mid sixties.

Lutz actually delivered as promised on the C6Z,but he also came up with the Aztec..maybe he learned something with the Z06's amazingly still strong markup.

If it has an LS7,even N/A i'll sell my 05 and step firmly up to the plate.I'll wager quite a few tuners are hoping it doesn't..pretty hard to improve on that level of performance with a warranty.

URB! This person mentioned the Aztec in this forum.

Please ban for life.

Thank you.

(I believe that Lutz joined GM in 2001, the Azyuck rolled off the line prior to 2001)

urbanski
06-06-07, 05:34 PM
[quote=Late BrakeU2;1106508]

URB! This person mentioned the Aztec in this forum.

Please ban for life.

Thank you.

ok..

trukk
06-06-07, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=Koooop;1106603]

ok..

See folks, it's just that easy.

-Chris

NOTE: Please don't feed the UrBANski

CIWS
06-06-07, 06:19 PM
Could you have not gotton a better pic of her? Dayum.

Oldie, but a goodie.

http://www.ciws.net/images/locklear.jpg

Silver Dollar
06-06-07, 06:22 PM
oh my

Yep, definately an option on the the '09 V.

thebigjimsho
06-06-07, 06:46 PM
http://locklearheather.skyrock.com/pics/499552640_small.jpg

P-Funk
06-06-07, 08:58 PM
G4 tv said yesterday that it was announced that the next CTS-V would have the 600 hp detuned Z07 engine. They pretty much said exactly what Motor Trend said so I would guess that is what they were basing their announcement on.

Anyway, I heard it on tv so it must be true. :rolleyes:

(Sorry for not including a picture of Heather Locklear)

lawfive
06-06-07, 09:14 PM
Mmmmm... reheated hash...

Silver Dollar
06-06-07, 11:25 PM
Mmmmm... reheated hash...

How dare you talk about Heather like that!

lawfive
06-06-07, 11:59 PM
My most definitive prediction:

Fer sur under $60K amd most likely under $55 for the base

Will have options this time to load up the price

v84life
06-07-07, 01:16 AM
600hp thats crazy. I just don't see this happening. I'm buying one no matter what the hp turns out to be. If we see 600hp there is going to be a lot of cracked up V's. Insurance is going to go through the roof...:eek:

Silver Dollar
06-07-07, 09:08 AM
600hp thats crazy. I just don't see this happening. I'm buying one no matter what the hp turns out to be. If we see 600hp there is going to be a lot of cracked up V's. Insurance is going to go through the roof...:eek:

What the hell? This is like the 3rd post saying basically that 600 hp is too much??!!??

Get a DTS if your bothered by loud, scary-fast cars that idle rough and cost slightly more to insure.

On the other hand, if you want to get the choice parking spot at the bingo parlor you gotta be quick and the CTS-V might be the way to go.

Let me put this in terms you geezers will appreciate.

The CTS-V is like your perscription medication. The rough ride and higher insurance is like dog food. You gotta eat the dog food in order to have your medicine.

I'm sure that clears it up. :)

Kadonny
06-07-07, 09:48 AM
What the hell? This is like the 3rd post saying basically that 600 hp is too much??!!??

Get a DTS if your bothered by loud, scary-fast cars that idle rough and cost slightly more to insure.

On the other hand, if you want to get the choice parking spot at the bingo parlor you gotta be quick and the CTS-V might be the way to go.

The CTS-V is like your perscription medication. The rough ride and higher insurance is like dog food. You gotta eat the dog food in order to have your medicine.

Talk about the geezer factor, where the hell are you seeing all these posts that say 600 is too much (besides the post above you)?

I'm personally just saying it ain't gonna happen, not that I don't want it to happen. Pure and simple. If it happens, I'm plunking down my money for sure.

SwampFox
06-07-07, 10:13 AM
I predict that there will not be an '09 V series or '10 or '11.....
Better enjoy the ones we have now and keep them pristine for the antique shows.

OldRoadDawg
06-07-07, 10:18 AM

Aah-h... thank you! Finally, someone with the keen insight into us old geezers.
And.. who has the ability to explain it with such clarity.
But.. if GM produces a V with 600hp and doesn't keep it under $60K, I will be forced to change from Purina One to Alpo.
I see it's time for my medicine. :burn:

thebigjimsho
06-07-07, 10:19 AM
I predict that there will not be an '09 V series or '10 or '11.....
Better enjoy the ones we have now and keep them pristine for the antique shows.Did you misroute your nitrous kit through the ventilation ducts instead of the intake?

urbanski
06-07-07, 11:27 AM
600hp is too ****ing much and it scares me

thebigjimsho
06-07-07, 11:51 AM
600hp makes my butt itch and is the root cause of Hepatitis-C. True story.

Koooop
06-07-07, 12:25 PM
600hp? Who needs the wood on the dash, I'll bring my own!

Silver Dollar
06-07-07, 12:45 PM
I don't want to piss off Kadonny, I hear he's deadly with that cane.

And road doggy's bark is worse than his bite since gums don't do much damage.

:)

mbiker97_old
06-07-07, 12:52 PM
600 HP for 55k won't happen. Even 500 hp for 55k is doubtful.

lunarx
06-07-07, 01:28 PM
A supercharger only costs GM about 4K (since they probably get a massive discount).
All they need is a CR adjustment to the pistons or heads of engines they already have.
I think the misunderstanding is that people think we will get the same engine as Blue-Devil/SS/Z07.
Perhaps the V engine will have similarities but clearly will not be the same internally or in rated HP.

We can blame the Slush-Box wanting babies for that. :crybaby:
We had out chance to show GM we are hard core performance junkies but failed. :thepan:

Half of you guys are crying about rear tires wearing out too soon on your 400HP Hot Rod Sedan. :bigroll:

Do you really think you deserve to be given a 600HP car?

The Tony Show
06-07-07, 01:40 PM
We all crapped our pants over the 505hp Z06 just over a year ago- now people are whining about the possibility of the V having "only" 525hp??

News flash: Over 500hp is extremely rare and stupid fast. To get 600hp out of a Viper, Dodge had to put an 8.4L V10 in the thing, and that sells for $85k (with no nav, no back seat, no Onstar, XM, etc, etc....)

You'd have to be crazy to think GM is dumb enough to price themselves out of the market by getting into a HP pissing contest with the Germans. This car will be benchmarked against the performance of its rivals, not the dyno results.

The Tony Show
06-07-07, 01:43 PM
600 HP for 55k won't happen. Even 500 hp for 55k is doubtful.

It'll happen (the 500hp one). The only reason the STS-V is so expensive is that the Northstar costs twice as much to make as a pushrod V8.

I'm making this a habit about every three posts on the subject so I can say "I told you so" in a few months:

Just over 500hp, awesome interior, solid launch ability and under $60k

ahahnu
06-07-07, 02:30 PM
I finally got my Motor Trend in the mail yeaterday. The picture was a beauty. I personally don't see how they can mess this one up. They are taking a hit already, and making it better, turning it into a home run. No matter what the new ones will have some sort of V8, super charger or not, it should better then 500 hp. Worry about traction before you go higher. If you want a drag car, get a specific drag car. you can't catch this in the twisties.

mbiker97_old
06-07-07, 02:45 PM
I meant it won't be under 55k like some people are speculating. All I know is that I've actually sat in one, while my brother and other friends have driven them. :D

lunarx
06-07-07, 02:51 PM
I meant it won't be under 55k like some people are speculating. All I know is that I've actually sat in one, while my brother and other friends have driven them. :D
Sat in & Driven, V's or base CTS?
If V's tell us more.

The Tony Show
06-07-07, 03:00 PM
Sat in & Driven, V's or base CTS?
If V's tell us more.

He's been in V's, and he can't tell us anything. People lose their jobs over stuff like this, unfortunately.

lawfive
06-07-07, 03:34 PM
Bah! Him losing his job is a small price for US to pay for information!

(j/k) :lol:

Silver Dollar
06-07-07, 03:40 PM
Bah! Him losing his job is a small price for US to pay for information!

(j/k) :lol:

Hey, that's what Monster.com is for.

SPILL IT!