: 07 22" Wheels

rtrgjr
05-30-07, 12:21 PM
I have a 07 EXT with stock 22 inch wheel I like them but am wondering if anyone polished the inside of the wheels. I think it would add dimensions to the wheel. I donít know why they did not do that in the first place:mad: . My plan is to pull off each wheel and take a buffer to the insides. Has anyone done that and so you have any suggestions?

hcvone
05-30-07, 02:29 PM
They don't do it because of the cost. Car manufacturers buy from the lowest bidders, you get what you pay for. My 22's are on for the spring, summer and fall, after I take them off I clean them real good, I also clean them when I rotate the tires. To polish the inside barrel it will take some time because they are just rough turned on a CNC lathe, you will need several different abrasives to make the job go faster, I know some people that have done this, not to these wheels, and it took a lot of time to do it right, and of course you will have to keep them clean after you do all that work. Would have been simple if they just chromed them from the factory.

rtrgjr
05-31-07, 11:25 AM
I wonder is anyone ever had them just re-chromed but after all that it may end up being more cost effective to just buy after market if I don't buff them out.

hcvone
05-31-07, 12:34 PM
Even to get them chromed you need a better finish on the inside, I will have to look into this.