: 99 Deville Check Engine Light

KJE36610
05-29-07, 10:51 PM
I have a 1999 Deville, I just replaced my air filter but I forgot to plug in the plug that is located on the air filter box. Now my check engine light is on with the codes P0113, P0440, and
P1111 I have plugged the plug back in on the side of the air filter box. But the check engine light is still on... Did i mess something up by not plugging that plug back in?
Thanks for any help

fubar569
05-29-07, 11:57 PM
P0113 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

P0440 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System

P1111 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Intermittent High Voltage

----

follow the procedure in the sticky at the top of the list of threads (GOT CODES? LOOK HERE) to access the diagnostic mode for your DIC (digital cluster) - let it read back all the codes to you...then clear the PCM codes...

the IAT codes will likely not come back since you have plugged it back in, but the EVAP code...i would investigate further...after you follow the prcedure and clear the codes...i'm guessing all should be well...

MonzaRacer
05-30-07, 01:51 AM
tip one if you did something to turn the light on and reversed it clear the codes, and make sure you didnt knock any vacuum lines off underhood and also double check your gas cap that can set some of the P044(X) codes.
If the evap codes comeback double check for split deteriorated vacuum lines.
Some times a AIT code will bring up other codes so it may be fluke good luck.

KJE36610
05-30-07, 05:30 PM
ok, today I have reset the codes and everything so far everything is fine.. No check engine light.... Thanks for the advice!!

CaddieNewbe
06-04-07, 11:56 AM
Hello, KJE36610 - I'm new to this site. Could I ask you how long you've had your car and if you've had any serious problems? My wife and I looked at a '99 Deville over ther weekend that has the Northstar engine with 108K. The car's in excellent shape and drives real nice. It's a private sale and he's asking $5900. We're going to have our mechanic check out the car before we decide to purchase. I've briefly read some of the posts on this site concerning this engine. The ones about oil consumption and running the engine are of interest to me - if my wife drives this car only, it will set in the garage most of the time and see maybe 35-45 mph maximum because she doesn't do a lot of driving except for errands. We will take the car on vacations, but I'm wondering if I need to take the car to work occassionally so I can get it on the highway and run 65-75 mph for 20 minutes. Could you share your opinion with me?

fubar569
06-04-07, 12:12 PM
Hello, KJE36610 - I'm new to this site. Could I ask you how long you've had your car and if you've had any serious problems? My wife and I looked at a '99 Deville over ther weekend that has the Northstar engine with 108K. The car's in excellent shape and drives real nice. It's a private sale and he's asking $5900. We're going to have our mechanic check out the car before we decide to purchase. I've briefly read some of the posts on this site concerning this engine. The ones about oil consumption and running the engine are of interest to me - if my wife drives this car only, it will set in the garage most of the time and see maybe 35-45 mph maximum because she doesn't do a lot of driving except for errands. We will take the car on vacations, but I'm wondering if I need to take the car to work occassionally so I can get it on the highway and run 65-75 mph for 20 minutes. Could you share your opinion with me?

your car will soon suffer from "grandma syndrome" if thats all it will be doing. you run a high possibility of having cold carbon rap and you will see accelerated wear associated with short trips...

a northstar loves to be driven! you should beat the snot out of it once a week for good measure :thumbsup:

KJE36610
06-04-07, 10:22 PM
I got my car Feb of this year, and I love it... Its a great car..
I had to replace the water pump, but i did that before it caused any problems.. But overall its a good car... Fubar569 is right, when i first got the car I could hear the valves tapping. But since I have been doing WOT (wide open thottle) the car is super quiet, can't hear no kind of tap from the valves.. That really gets the carbon out..

Ranger
06-04-07, 11:32 PM
That was not valves you heard. It was piston slap aka cold carbon rap. WOT is the cure.