: Spring clean, yep more pics

capt. dan
05-29-07, 09:14 PM
I know everyone is posting pics but I worked all weekend and just need to show it off. It was a little cloudy but the inside pics really show some reflection.

http://www.dansiebe.com/Pictures/Details/CTS-V/images/IMG_5208_JPG.jpg

http://www.dansiebe.com/Pictures/Details/CTS-V/images/IMG_5215_JPG.jpg

http://www.dansiebe.com/Pictures/Details/CTS-V/images/IMG_5241_JPG.jpg

http://www.dansiebe.com/Pictures/Details/CTS-V/images/IMG_5242_JPG.jpg

http://www.dansiebe.com/Pictures/Details/CTS-V/images/IMG_5243_JPG.jpg

VCAT
05-29-07, 09:22 PM
damn! did you polish that your self? looks real nice!

LV_V
05-29-07, 09:28 PM
Is that a mirror or a V hood?

GMBOUND
05-29-07, 09:52 PM
:hijacked: Look at these clouds in red!
Black isn't the only one that can shine. I got a speeding ticket while taken these pics:histeric:

theloanman219
05-29-07, 10:40 PM
lookin good :thumbsup:

two rules of thumb. keep it clean and drive it like you stole it!

dvandentop
05-29-07, 10:44 PM
damn good pics both

capt. dan
05-29-07, 11:40 PM
damn! did you polish that your self? looks real nice!

While everyone was out grilling and drinking beer over the weekend I was in the garage with a polisher going to town. It took a good two full days to get it done. I did everything on the exterior except pull the wheels off, but I did clean and wax them the best I could. It was fun for a while but I am glad its done.

Thanks

Dan

theloanman219
05-29-07, 11:49 PM
I wish I could spend time like that on my car. Here in FL the damn love bugs make it not even worth washing. Luckely we have two cars and can car pool most days. But as all of you know it is tough to let my car sit in the garage!

gene

Jon
05-29-07, 11:55 PM
That's the coolest custom hood I've ever seen ;)

v84life
05-30-07, 12:54 AM
Both look real nice. What products are you using might I ask:)

ZEUSROTTY
05-30-07, 01:36 AM

yeah bro... i wanna know too... Griots?

GMBOUND
05-30-07, 07:21 AM
Everything, I had an embarrasing run in with a gas station window squeege after my car was vandalized by some idot in the parking lot, that left some scratches in my clear coat. I've been trying to get them out for about a month now. Basically I was trying to get whatever substance that was on my hood and fender of quick and in a hurry, and ended up putting very fine scratches in the clear coat that are a PITA to remove.

Griots Machine polish 3, Megs Scratch X, Megs Paint Cleaner, 3m Rubbing Compound, Zaio, Clear Seal, Porter Cable 7336! Lexol on the seats.
Cleaned inside and out, Three days of work, two bottles of Rum Punch.

capt. dan
05-30-07, 08:01 AM

I used all Meguiars professional line. I have used Zaino in the past but without a properly prep surface you are just making the imperfections shine. started out with a Zaino wash and clay. Then meg #83 on the hood and the front where I had a situation where I was stuck behind a dump truck and was sandblasted for about 45 seconds. I then went over the whole car with megs #80 and then megs #82. These are abrasive polishes used to take the scratches and swirls out which are quite common with these V's in black (not sure about the other colors). One coat of megs #7 pure polish by hand and then followed up with megs #21 synthetic sealent x 2. I will let this cure for a few days and then decide if I want to top with Zaino or a wax. I really like the megs #21, it applies very easy and removes very easy compared to the Zaino, just dont know how long it will last. I went with the megs #21 because of the polishing oils that was applied during the process. I was told that the Zaino would probably not bond without stripping them off. After the #21 cures and sets up I could apply with just about any product. I am thinking about a good paste wax to add the depth to it. All was applied using the porter cable dual action polisher and Meguiars pads except the #7.

Here are some shots of another car I did.

http://www.dansiebe.com/Pictures/Details/TriumphTR250/TR250before&after.htm

I practiced on a couple before I did the V.

HushH
05-30-07, 08:33 AM
Those inside shots are amazing. :drool:

rand49er
05-30-07, 09:02 AM
Gorgeous! :worship:

capt. dan
05-30-07, 09:51 AM
Black isn't the only one that can shine. I got a speeding ticket while taken these pics:histeric:

I hope you did not get caught by that pontiac behind you, you know, if you had black you could have out run him!!!!:bouncy: Just kidding, looks real good. Are the redlines as scratch sensitive as the black ones? You look at the black ones and they scratch and swirl!!!

How do you like the Zaino Clear Seal?

GMBOUND
05-30-07, 11:15 AM
Very scratch sensitive. I know I screwed up by using the squeege to get the unknown substance off of my car before it etched into the paint, but I wasn't expecting it to scratch like that. What worse. The scratches were extremely fine, you couldn't even catch them with you finger nail, but these same scratch, swirl mark, whatever you want to call them was a PITA to get out. I did an ok job but there are still some in there still. I was on autopia looking for someone (PRO) in the KC area to take the job.
The guys I talked to were only going to do the same process that I was already doing, so I didn't waste my money.

Clear seal is a neat product, great protection, topped with the Grand Finale Spray very wet shine. Like having a big Candy Apple in your drive way!
the pics didn't include the Grand Finale.

Capt. my GTP isn't too slow either. What you missed was the reflection of the GTP in the QTR panel of the V. Perfect mirror image.

capt. dan
05-30-07, 02:20 PM
Very scratch sensitive. I know I screwed up by using the squeege to get the unknown substance off of my car before it etched into the paint, but I wasn't expecting it to scratch like that. What worse. The scratches were extremely fine, you couldn't even catch them with you finger nail, but these same scratch, swirl mark, whatever you want to call them was a PITA to get out. I did an ok job but there are still some in there still. I was on autopia looking for someone (PRO) in the KC area to take the job.
The guys I talked to were only going to do the same process that I was already doing, so I didn't waste my money.

Clear seal is a neat product, great protection, topped with the Grand Finale Spray very wet shine. Like having a big Candy Apple in your drive way!
the pics didn't include the Grand Finale.

Capt. my GTP isn't too slow either. What you missed was the reflection of the GTP in the QTR panel of the V. Perfect mirror image.

I did spot out the mirror image right away, I like it. I did some reading on autopia to try and find out what to use. I was using Zaino at the time with the thought that Z5 would fix the swirls and it just seemed like there was alot of bickering going on between product lines. I started reading on Meguiars forum and because its only their product there was no bickering about it, just answers. I figured it would be a good starting point to learn. The only complaint I have about the Meguiars product which may be the same for the others, I wont know until I try them is the amount of time it took. Now that my paint is in good shape it will be alot easier to try other products. I still have some Z2, Z5, Z6, and Z7. I love the Z7 wash and will probably apply the Z2, and Z5 this fall for winter protection. Never did try the Z8. I may order some when I order the CS

I still have a few scratches that did not come out, and will probably go back by hand with scratchX and try to fix.

This paint care is as much of an obsession as the V itself. I could have a UUC shifter with all the money I have spent on paint care....

GMBOUND
05-31-07, 04:22 PM
Yes sir,
I could've had my Corsa exhaust.

B/T the PC, the Megs, The Zaino, 3M, DF Contours Towells, Trip to Griots Garage that got out of hand, etc.

By Saturday I was like, "I might've came out cheaper if I had a pro do it" But there were no pro's around!