: Actual 20" factory wheel size?

73Thumper
05-29-07, 04:15 PM
Based on recent posts about 20" wheels. I have the factory 20's, I may pull them to get the correct data - but does anyone know the "official" size for width and offset of the 20" factory rims? Asking now in the event I choose to personalize my SRX with aftermarket wheels. I can say the fitment is tight - so I want to get the size correct before I shop. Also to correct some info on factory 20" tire size, my factory 20's are 255/50R20 (Goodyear RSA's).

Tom Wheeler
05-29-07, 09:13 PM
I'm not quite sure, but I believe the factory offset for the 20's is 38. On my 07 I have Zinik Z15 Verona's, they are 20x8.5 with a 40 offset. Zinik custom drilled the wheels for the correct 6x14.3 fitment. With the Toyo S/T 265-50x20's on all fours I have no wheel interference problems at all and the Toyo's have been excellent on all counts. See attached picture of the Zinik wheels.

Tom

73Thumper
05-30-07, 09:51 AM
"6x114.3 fitment" Tom, it is not 115.0? Uh oh, would this mean any rim with 115.0 would need to be hub centric? At 20" with the mass of the rim and tire, I have already noiticed any slight imbalance goes right thru to the steering wheel. If I go with a hub centric rim, just one more possible source of vibration if I don't get the rims centered to the hub, which has happened to other cars with smaller tires I have had custom rims on in the past...

Tom Wheeler
05-30-07, 12:08 PM
"6x114.3 fitment" Tom, it is not 115.0? Uh oh, would this mean any rim with 115.0 would need to be hub centric? At 20" with the mass of the rim and tire, I have already noiticed any slight imbalance goes right thru to the steering wheel. If I go with a hub centric rim, just one more possible source of vibration if I don't get the rims centered to the hub, which has happened to other cars with smaller tires I have had custom rims on in the past...

73 Thumper,
Yes, the bolt pattern is SAE, so it's 6x4.5 inch fitment, and that works out to exactly 6x114.3 mm. Many aftermarker wheel makers offer 6x115, and they will work, but as you said, they become hub centric and not bolt centric. I got my wheels from a friend who runs a tire store and he suggested going with the Zinik's because they will custom drill any of their wheels to match the vehicle. My friend said that "hub Centric" wheels can sometimes be a bear to center on the hub and cause a "imbalance". I have no balance problems at all with my wheels at any speed.
I'm sure other wheel manufactures offer 6x114.3, or will custom drill, but for the money, quality, choice of style and quick turn around time Zinik's are hard to beat.

Tom

wbyrum
05-30-07, 02:51 PM
Based on recent posts about 20" wheels. I have the factory 20's, I may pull them to get the correct data - but does anyone know the "official" size for width and offset of the 20" factory rims? Asking now in the event I choose to personalize my SRX with aftermarket wheels. I can say the fitment is tight - so I want to get the size correct before I shop. Also to correct some info on factory 20" tire size, my factory 20's are 255/50R20 (Goodyear RSA's).

73 Thumper,

I have 20"X9" MB Express wheels w/ 275-45 General Grabber UHP tires on all four corners of my 07 SRX. It's a close fit, but no interference.

73Thumper
05-30-07, 08:09 PM
Thanks Tom...
wbyrum, what is the offset on those 9" rims? I checked with a local Discount Tire store, there data did show P275's would fit....

wbyrum
05-30-07, 08:46 PM
73Thumper,

The offset is 35 mm.