: Altamont Speedway Videos May 27, 2007

Kurlee Daddee
05-29-07, 01:24 PM
I was invited to a track day by NorCalSRT-4.com and PerformanceSport.net. We were given full access of the track. The organizer set up the track so that one car would go at a time. So it turned into a Auto-X. It was super fun.

Here is a little section of vid we were able to come up with. More soon to follow.

(the video was shot with an HD video cam and the microphone unfortunately wasn't turned up all the way. That is why they music is overdubbed on the videos.)

Enjoy

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/38b886ef-0d2e-4e72-8c5e-993d00d9d7ef.htm

Kurlee Daddee
05-30-07, 02:49 PM
38 views and not one reply.

What' wrong? The music a little too much for the older crowd? LOL!

bossplayer
05-30-07, 03:01 PM
Was this a racing event, or drivers education class?

Please dont take this the wrong way, but were you trying to go fast?:stirpot:

Kurlee Daddee
05-30-07, 03:07 PM
Was this a racing event, or drivers education class?

Please dont take this the wrong way, but were you trying to go fast?:stirpot:

More of an Auto-X event. I was trying to learn my car a little more since I haven't really had a chance to drive it like this before.

I was trying to go fast, but the Run Craps on my car weren't allowing me to do much of anything. Anytime I would go into a corner it was usually too much understeer and the wheels would wash out. Then a lot of times I would mash the throttle a little too much and get the rear end out a little too much. So although it didn't look like I was flogging the car too much, I did make it into the middle of the pack amongst the cars that attended.

I played around with Competition Driving Mode. That was fun. I could get the rear end out a lot easier to point it into and out of corners a little easier. I can't wait to do another Auto-X. That was super fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurlee Daddee
05-30-07, 11:36 PM
Second video posted. This was the last run of the day.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/golikethis/CTS-V/?action=view&current=dramaatalta.flv

calicadi
05-31-07, 11:43 PM
That looked liked fun! How do you get invited? Had no idea they put a little road course there. Is that on the circle track infield?

V-Love
06-01-07, 08:51 AM
More of an Auto-X event. I was trying to learn my car a little more since I haven't really had a chance to drive it like this before.

Keep it up. The V was born on the track and it should go there regularly. See if there are High Performance Driving Events (HPDE) near you. The speeds get much higher and they are held on big tracks. National Auto Sports Association (NASA) is the club I joined. Its great fun.

Kurlee Daddee
06-04-07, 07:26 PM
That looked liked fun! How do you get invited? Had no idea they put a little road course there. Is that on the circle track infield?

The local SRT-4 message board put on the event. And since my last car was an SRT-4, and I have a lot of friends with them, they invited me to participate.

Yes. Most of the event was on the circle track infield. They have A LOT of ways to switch up the turns and what not. I can't wait for the next one.

Kurlee Daddee
06-05-07, 11:46 PM
Video of most of the cars at the event (WRX, EVO, SRT-4, CTS-V, SRT-8)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/acd03cd2-8b62-4ea7-826c-994401881652.htm