: Alarm question

psalmist
05-29-07, 01:18 PM
My 2005 Escalade came with a Viper alarm system. The 474 remote has an aux and a * button. Apparently, it does remote start (neat!), but I cannot get it to work properly. It tried twice, now it won't even engage,

Anyone familiar with Vipers who can lend some assistance?
TIA,
david

JNL518411
06-08-07, 11:06 AM
I dont know if this will help but I have the Viper 791 Alarm and my remote start is enaged by pushing the * button twice with or without disarming the alarm and if I push it two more times after it starts it will turn it off. So I would try that.

I used to have a honda with the same alarm you currently have and when you pushed the unlock and the * button and held it, it would remote start.

DLE
06-08-07, 11:30 AM
Try pushing * once. If that doesnt work.

Try pushing * two times now. That might get it to start.

When it does start, you should be able to turn off the truck again with the same way you turn it on.

darthcaddy
06-08-07, 01:44 PM
I dont know if this will help but I have the Viper 791 Alarm and my remote start is enaged by pushing the * button twice with or without disarming the alarm and if I push it two more times after it starts it will turn it off. So I would try that.

I used to have a honda with the same alarm you currently have and when you pushed the unlock and the * button and held it, it would remote start.

Same thing with my Viper 5900.

I like my Viper, but the auto arm is a pain in the arse. If I'm waiting in the SUV with the engine off for more than 4 minutes, it arms itself.