: Check Tire Pressure

darthcaddy
05-29-07, 09:08 AM
My first problem was "Service Ride Control". After they fixed that, the "Service Tire Monitor" warning appeared. After replacing 1 tire monitor, now I'm getting "Check Tire Pressure". I checked the recommended tire pressure on the driver's side door. 30psi for 20". The tires had 40psi, so I lowered them to 32psi, but the message is still there during startups and the tire icon on the control panel is on. What else can I try before taking my ESV back to the service station?

Anyone else with 30psi on their 20's? The tire looks like it needs more air and the ride is more bouncy. Too many potholes in NYC :(

hcvone
05-29-07, 11:02 AM
Tire pressures for the 07's are 35lbs, 30 sounds a little low IMO

darthcaddy
05-29-07, 11:22 AM

I have an '04 ESV. I'll try 35psi. Thanks.

darthcaddy
05-30-07, 01:37 AM

I tried 40psi , 35psi, & 30psi and still the "Check Tire Pressure" message is displayed at every startup. Maybe the tire monitor they installed is defective? Back to the shop again :banghead:

hcvone
05-30-07, 06:48 AM
That is weird if it's the sensor they replaced, maybe a software issue

darthcaddy
05-31-07, 05:06 PM
That is weird if it's the sensor they replaced, maybe a software issue

The tech guy who installed the new tire sensor last week didn't reset the system. :annoyed: Now everything is fine. Knock on wood. ;) Thanks for suggesting 35psi. I like the feel of the ride better than 30psi and 40psi.

Playdrv4me
05-31-07, 05:12 PM
I was about to say, when they put a new sensor in it has to be relearned. You cant just throw a new one on and have it work.

darthcaddy
05-31-07, 05:37 PM
I was about to say, when they put a new sensor in it has to be relearned. You cant just throw a new one on and have it work.

That's what I suggested to the tech guy last week after picking up my SUV after work. The shop was about to close, so he told me he reset everything and that I just needed to restart a few times and the message will disappear. Also play with the psi settings. What an "A-HOLE". :mad2:

This time, a different tech guy reset the system and no more messages.

fluke
06-01-07, 01:40 AM
I run 40 psi on my 24's and they look right. Not to hijack your thread but the max psi for my tires are 50psi. Whatever the size is, whether its 20" or 24", should it always be the same as stock, 35psi??? Correct me if i'm wrong. I've heard several answers.

hcvone
06-01-07, 07:38 AM
You should never run your tires to the max inflation pressure on the tires, unless you are carrying the max load of the tires (towing or hauling) over inflation is as bad as under inflation