: Clunking noise while shifting

legend2002@aol.com
05-28-07, 05:19 PM
Has anyone installed a pinion support brace http://www.bmrfabrication.com/CTS-Vpage.htm to try and get rid of the clunking noise that accompanies shifting in my new 2007 CTS-V. For that matter, has anyone found something else that works? Thanks.

wildwhl
05-28-07, 05:51 PM
Search is your friend:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=345953

WW

The Hog
05-28-07, 07:41 PM
Is it a clunk under light throttle or WOT throttle? If its WOT sounds like your factory pinion support bushing went tits up, if its just light throttle that clunk there isn't a whole lot you can do about. Thats what happens when your driveline is hooked to your tranny with a big chunk o' rubber hehe

dqw1
05-28-07, 09:57 PM
Is it a clunk under light throttle or WOT throttle? If its WOT sounds like your factory pinion support bushing went tits up, if its just light throttle that clunk there isn't a whole lot you can do about. Thats what happens when your driveline is hooked to your tranny with a big chunk o' rubber hehe\
Good reply. I just hand my bushing replaced today under warranty and the clunking is gone. My clunked loudly in every gear and the bushing looked like a tiger clawed it.

legend2002@aol.com
05-28-07, 10:56 PM
The clunking is at light throttle (the car only has 50 miles on the odometer and I put on 30 of them). What mileage did you replace the bushings at?

dqw1
05-29-07, 07:49 AM
Replaced at about 40,108 miles yesterday. Mine had heavy clunking but the parade clunk in first is "supposed" to be normal. So far the parade clunk is also gone or I just haven't noticed it yet.

vseries
05-29-07, 10:03 AM
I just had the BMR pinion support and anti hop kit installed at the same time and the clunking is louder than ever, Nevermind the insane driveline whine from the anti hop kit, I just got the car back a few days but I think im going back to the standard bushings maybe that will "resolve" both noises.

legend2002@aol.com
05-29-07, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info guys, you saved me $150. Since the clunk is less audible when my foot is most of the way into the throttle I guess I'll just have to drive it that way all the time.

vetteboy2k
05-29-07, 03:09 PM
I suggest you change your user name otherwise you will start getting tons of junk email. There are programs that search out email address' on forums and add them to email lists.

Just a heads up