: I may take the V badges off

JimmyH
05-28-07, 03:12 PM
Yesterday, I pull up to a stoplight next to an old Dodge of some kind, with V8 rumble that washed out my idle shake. I told my wife "I bet he takes off full throttle when he sees my car." Not only did he, with lots of tire smoke, but he blipped the throttle several times before the light changed.

Several weeks ago, a guy in a Charger SRT wanted to play on the expressway. I was driving fast and running late (as usual) and of course, he took it as me wanting to race. I dont race, and had to back off until he got stuck behind someone, so I could get around him and get on my way. He then caught up and did it again. Again I had to back off until he got the hint I was simply in a hurry.

I suppose someone like me who likes to keep a low profile shouldnt buy a V :bigroll:

parexa
05-28-07, 04:06 PM
Good idea, make it a real sleeper

odla
05-28-07, 04:43 PM
i wish i had your problem lol

GizmoQ
05-28-07, 05:16 PM
Well if you do decide to take them off, then I'll Buy them!

CIWS
05-28-07, 05:27 PM
Just smile and wave at them.

theloanman219
05-28-07, 06:21 PM
you need to put electronic cut outs on. So you can open that exhaust up and scare the shit out of them!

rblimas
05-28-07, 06:26 PM

:2fiddy:

nikon
05-28-07, 09:29 PM
^^ :haha:

Chef
05-28-07, 09:39 PM
I suppose someone like me who likes to keep a low profile shouldnt buy a V :bigroll:

Come play down here in my sandbox with some reeelly reeeelly fast cars that will humble a simple badge. Keep it on and make your ride as fast as you can afford...

In the meantime drink heavily and join a fight club....

rekctsv
05-28-07, 11:31 PM
I thought that was the part of the point of buying a V, playing a little?
Me personally, I am now looking for revenge on 3 cars I run into almost daily on my commute to work that picked on me when I was driving my daily driver Acura Integra (my gas saver). A PT Cruiser turbo- modded, a BMW 5 series, and a Ford Taurus SHO.

trukk
05-29-07, 09:12 AM
A few weeks ago, I had some spare time, and puleed the rear logos off (V and CTS). I replaced the CTS logo with the LS6 badge I bought about 2.5 years ago. It looks really nice on a Plat V.

I'm going to pull the side V badges off when I get the chance (sometime between now and 2.5 years in the future).

-Chris

Jon
05-29-07, 09:51 AM
If both my cars were black I'd switch the bumpers just for shits and giggles... Imagine my V with regular CTS bumpers.... That'd be a sleeper :D

z06bigbird
05-29-07, 10:46 AM
I pulled up to a cop car with 2 cops in it. We looked at each other. I smiled and said: "Want to race?" They laughed. (I was driving my mother's 78 Skylark, but it was a V8, slowest 305 I ever drove, but a V8.)

Nobody did anything, and I did not go to jail or collect my $200.

RightTurn
05-29-07, 10:54 AM
^^ Fascinating. :yawn:

:lol: :lol:

rand49er
05-29-07, 11:03 AM
A few weeks back, I'm killing a few minutes in the early evening while cruising down a local, five-lane highway in the left lane looking for a certain store with my 4-1/2 year-old son in the back. Guy in a red Dodge Stealth (couldn't tell if it was turbo'd or not) pulled up in the right lane beside me and wanted to go in the worst way ... kept accelerating ahead then falling back beside me ... did this three or four times. There were few if any cars around, too. I just kept rolling along at 45 MPH, rubber necking at the occasional store as I drove, killing a few minutes till I had to fetch my wife.

Thinking back on it, now I wish I had shifted into second and put him down. :( I kept thinking, what if a cop nails me. The wife would be so-o-o disappointed in my maturity/sense of responsibility.

GMBOUND
05-29-07, 11:12 AM

Please sell them to Gizmo so that the rest of us V owners can feel safe that he wont jack ours.:cop:

I barely made it out of Iowa with mines. He eyeballed my emblems for 4hours straight.

nickc50310
05-29-07, 11:20 AM
LOl I was eyeballing your car Phil, not just the emblems!

GMBOUND
05-29-07, 11:27 AM
It has that effect. I been eyeballin it all weekend.

JimmyH
05-29-07, 12:11 PM
I thought that was the part of the point of buying a V, playing a little?

Playing between a V and SRT involves speeds that mean going to jail if you are caught.

Playdrv4me
05-29-07, 12:24 PM
I dont see a problem with the badge removal, though I reckon it wont do much of anything, the wheels, rumble and bumpers still kind of give it away.

RightTurn
05-29-07, 12:53 PM
...with my 4-1/2 year-old son in the back.

Rand49er--you made the right choice, considering your precious cargo. :thumbsup:

trukk
05-29-07, 01:15 PM
I dont see a problem with the badge removal, though I reckon it wont do much of anything, the wheels, rumble and bumpers still kind of give it away.

Around where I live people are clueless. Almost all have no Idea what a V is, even with the big badges.

When I pull up to lights, weveryone is craning their neck around looking for the F-Body or Mustang. They never look at my car, until it's too late :D

-Chris

JimmyH
05-29-07, 03:23 PM

You are right of course. I am not actually going to remove the badges. I just think it's juvenile people wanting to show off. "Look how my old car can smoke your Cadillac." As if I am going to race someone with my family in the car. I have only done it a few times in my life with just me in the car.

Playdrv4me
05-29-07, 03:56 PM
You are right of course. I am not actually going to remove the badges. I just think it's juvenile people wanting to show off. "Look how my old car can smoke your Cadillac." As if I am going to race someone with my family in the car. I have only done it a few times in my life with just me in the car.

I hear you, I experience that even my whale of an Escalade. Guys in other trucks will pull up next to me at a light and taunt me, then take off like bats out of hell with smoking tires expecting Im going to follow suit.

Well, with the price of gas where it is, Im not gonna pay for the opportunity to roast some rubber with Joe Redneck, even if I dont have any kids. Not to mention the strain on the driveline.

urbanski
05-29-07, 04:03 PM
all you need to do....to easily remove the badges...is crash it so as to damage every single panel and wheel containing a caddy badge....then just dont put them back on the replacements and get aftermarket wheels.

RunningOnEMT
05-29-07, 04:18 PM
ok ... you have an issue ... i have worse ones... i'm so bored ... and the clay looked like fun to play with

RightTurn
05-29-07, 04:54 PM
all you need to do....to easily remove the badges...is crash it so as to damage every single panel and wheel containing a caddy badge....then just dont put them back on the replacements and get aftermarket wheels.

:lol:

:kiss:

RightTurn
05-29-07, 04:55 PM
ok ... you have an issue ... i have worse ones... i'm so bored ... and the clay looked like fun to play with

Corey--don't let 2fiddy see that. ROFLMAO. EMBZ!!!

urbanski
05-29-07, 05:07 PM
:lol:

:kiss:

i rly rly did that u kno

RightTurn
05-29-07, 05:14 PM
Ya I kno. :gurl:

JimmyH
05-29-07, 09:04 PM

nah, my plan is to make duct-tape pinstripe around the perimeter of the car, covering the v badges and cadillac logos in the process. I just have to figure out how to open the doors...:hitstick:

An added benefit is that it will match my rockin' dash trim... :dance:

JFC
05-30-07, 06:56 AM
Does anybody have any tips on how to install a 1970s station wagon body on the CTS-V frame?

I have had a few compliments at gas stations but no race offers yet.

HushH
05-30-07, 07:40 AM
Only race offers I seem to get are from riced out Civics and the like. Can't figure out if it's cause they know what the V is, or they don't know what it is and actually think they have a shot. I usually have the kids in the back as well, so it's no playing for me either.

JimmyH
05-30-07, 10:49 AM
Does anybody have any tips on how to install a 1970s station wagon body on the CTS-V frame?

I have had a few compliments at gas stations but no race offers yet.

The CTS is unibody, not body-on-frame. Wait until 2009 or so. They are allegedly doing a CTS wagon. Then order up a small block from GM Perf and drop it in. Ultimate sleeper.

JimmyH
05-30-07, 10:53 AM
Only race offers I seem to get are from riced out Civics and the like.

Those guys just have lots of attitude. Some of them have some pretty sweet looking rides though.

CTS (V)
05-30-07, 07:16 PM
i say take it a step farther and put a cts grill on it :D

JimmyH
05-30-07, 10:04 PM
i say take it a step farther and put a cts grill on it :D

Actually I have considered that; the sport package grill, chromed to match the hood lip. I think it looks much nicer than the cheapo mesh grill. I still cannot believe cts owners pay money to put on a mesh grill.

V-Love
05-30-07, 11:51 PM
Actually I have considered that; the sport package grill, chromed to match the hood lip. I think it looks much nicer than the cheapo mesh grill. I still cannot believe cts owners pay money to put on a mesh grill.
The mesh grill started a huge trend. Its chicken wire!!!

thefred
05-31-07, 07:31 AM
What you're forgetting is that the CTS starts with an even crappier grille that is a hunk of grey plastic that makes the car look like a cheap POS. I almost hate to admit this, but when I bought my CTS I paid $1000 for the chicken wire V grille. And then I had to go and sell the CTS so I could buy a more expensive car that came with the chicken wire grille. But, I LOVE my STS-V!!:lildevil:

AND, I'm keeping my V badges and my SUPERCHARGED badges on!!! That's a real laugh watching people next to you at a traffic light look over and see the SUPERCHARGED badge on the side. They have this WTF look on their face....priceless....

RightTurn
05-31-07, 07:40 AM
You paid $1000 for the V grille??? I've got some stuff I'd like to sell you. :D

trukk
05-31-07, 07:49 AM
A few weeks ago, I had some spare time, and puleed the rear logos off (V and CTS). I replaced the CTS logo with the LS6 badge I bought about 2.5 years ago. It looks really nice on a Plat V.

I'm going to pull the side V badges off when I get the chance (sometime between now and 2.5 years in the future).

-Chris

Last night I jacked my last two embz. My V is nekid now.

I'll see if I get more, or less attention now.

-Chris

thefred
05-31-07, 07:50 AM
That's why I said I was almost afraid to tell! It was the set up with the upper and lower grille, but still... You always find out you've been had AFTER you've been had....

RightTurn
05-31-07, 08:25 AM
No offense, thefred. But I'd keep that info under my hat. AHAHA.

Oh, and STS-V... :drool: The car of my dreams. :yup:

Silver Dollar
05-31-07, 08:57 AM
Bizzaro 2fiddy.

TXSilverV
05-31-07, 09:50 AM
I took off ALL of the badges last night! It looks great! I even took off my $10,000 LPE 500HP badge. Now maybe someone will race me!

CTS (V)
05-31-07, 01:10 PM

the caddy stealership here sells them for $1400

JimmyH
05-31-07, 01:58 PM

Wow, you can get them on ebay for $200 shipped. I suppose those are even cheaper knock-offs though.

RightTurn
05-31-07, 02:10 PM

Not to me they don't. :lol: See above ^^.

AlBundy
05-31-07, 02:33 PM
Oh, and STS-V... :drool: The car of my dreams. :yup:[/quote]

:yeah: You hit it on the head.:highfive: :thumbsup:

thefred
05-31-07, 03:38 PM
Oh, and STS-V... :drool: The car of my dreams. :yup:

:yeah: You hit it on the head.:highfive: :thumbsup:[/quote]
It wasn't so long ago that I thought that about the CTS-V!

GizmoQ
05-31-07, 04:07 PM
I took off ALL of the badges last night! It looks great! I even took off my $10,000 LPE 500HP badge. Now maybe someone will race me!

My address is....:banghead:

CTS (V)
05-31-07, 06:57 PM
Wow, you can get them on ebay for $200 shipped. I suppose those are even cheaper knock-offs though.

i didn't say I bought it for $1400. i'm just saying the pos dealership here sells em for that. mine came on my car :D

trukk
06-05-07, 10:52 AM
LOL, I got PM's asking for my Embz :D

_Chris

whisler151
06-05-07, 12:28 PM
Playing between a V and SRT involves speeds that mean going to jail if you are caught.

Not necessarily :highfive:

JimmyH
06-05-07, 03:14 PM
Not necessarily :highfive:

you would know, but I am not that lucky...

z06bigbird
06-05-07, 07:52 PM
Yesterday, I pull up to a stoplight next to an old Dodge of some kind, with V8 rumble that washed out my idle shake. I told my wife "I bet he takes off full throttle when he sees my car." Not only did he, with lots of tire smoke, but he blipped the throttle several times before the light changed.

Several weeks ago, a guy in a Charger SRT wanted to play on the expressway. I was driving fast and running late (as usual) and of course, he took it as me wanting to race. I dont race, and had to back off until he got stuck behind someone, so I could get around him and get on my way. He then caught up and did it again. Again I had to back off until he got the hint I was simply in a hurry.

Maybe that Charger driver just liked you. He probably wants to invite you to San Francisco.