Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Night Wolf 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Hey Rick, looks like we found a parts donor car for your '89!

Haha kidding, but yeah, I saw that and was like "wow, who'd buy an '89 Brougham and never drive it?! They must have forgotten to drive it!"
That's a really great color combo too, even better that it's the cloth D'Elegance!

#5 ·
#6 ·
I'm always impressed by those kind of things too, but the 1989 and dinosaur carbed 307 V8 factoid kill it for me quite a bit. The coloring, condition, and miles are terrific, though.

If it were a '90/91/92 FI 350 car, with those specs, then maybe...otherwise, not for me. But I can still appreciate a WOW'er;)

#9 ·
WTF? You were in the car and managed to turn it on with the cover still on? Okay then...

#10 ·
This car is my most fave FWB and it's D'elagance ?
Scrumptious car just scrumptious and a true masterpiece :thumbsup:

#11 ·
There are no words. That is something special. You know I have to tell you that if I wasn't in the middle of trying to make a deal on that 95 Impala SS I would look at this more closely.

Wow is right.

#12 ·
Just a slice of heaven.
You buy EITHER car.
You're on your way home and - - -
- - - - and - - - -
Some drunk T-Bones you - totalling the car - when he runs a red light as you pass through East Overshoe and the local Constable is his brother who throws you in jail because he doesn' like your registration.

That would be just my luck. :alchi:

#14 ·
Yeah a lotta people like the velour. My girlfriend mourned my change from cloth to leather. Seeing that virginal ash tray makes me want to light up a big ol' stogie. MMm, smoke smoke smoke... :)

Old Fleetwood, I gotta tell ya, that doesn't matter. Some ditz blew a stop (or something -to this day I have no idea just WHAT she did or didn't do at the stop) and came out in front of my Corvette. (I have strange luck with accidents, I manage to hit people and have it not be my fault because they were in the wrong place.) My 24(early production 84)-year-old Corvette. It may not have only 5,600 miles but it's got nowhere near the mileage of a comparable vehicle it's age either. Shit happens. Cadillacs and Corvettes were made to be loved and enjoyed -by driving them. Not only are they enjoyable, but to use something, I think, especially something old, brings honor and dignity to the men who created it by their own hard work. The men who created the Fleetwood may be less well known than Zora Arkus-Duntov, but they are no less deserving of said honor and dignity that comes from having their creations used and enjoyed.

Oh yeah in case you didn't read the relevant postings (which are no doubt obscure) the 'Vette is repaired and in fact is sporting new rubber!

#16 ·
Yeah, but two points:

It's easy to sit in a car and listen to the radio without driving.

Things just break over time. Like Highway Star's mint '79 with 3,000 miles on it. It's power seat stopped working, things get old.

#18 ·
carbed 307 really isn't an issue. It's no race car, but it will get you where its going.

Really, the 307 in my Brougham starts and runs as good as any modern engine.... the thing has around 200k miles on it, has been overheated about a dozen times and survived my mom for 10 years.

I *really* like that color combo though... its a nice color.

I too like the velour over leather... in fact, I really don't like leather seats in cars that much... I just end up getting cars that have leather seats (in most cases, no other option) Espeically the d'Elegance interior. My '79 had d'Elegance velour seats.... so nice.

The leather drivers seat on my Brougham is all torn to heck, so I put a not very pretty seat cover on it.... for now.

I know my Brougham will never be as "wowable" as that ebay one... bt I atleast hope to make it close... I think once it gets painted and stuff it'll look better... not going for a resteration... just want to fix it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.