Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Quick Question: 92 Brougham Grill Emblem

806 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  CJPC 
#1 ·
Well, my grill emblem fell off a few months ago, was winter time, so it got put in the trunk, until now.

Its summer, everything is good, fixing up a few minor issues, namely the windshield washer pump decided to fail. The drivers door button rod assembly kept falling apart from the outside door latch, which is such a pain, cant open the door from the outside, however once again, dissassembled the door panel, repaired it, and put in all new panel clips. The weatherstripping on the window also decided to fall off, and a few other minor things, but all were fixed last week, to top it all off, the other day to get a quick car wash, to get the heavy stuff off, the car decided to get stuck/jump the "track" inside, no damage though, just some odd minutes of alarms going off!

ANYWHO,

Quick question however, looking at the grill embelm, were there any clips involved? I see two different types of adhesives on mine (dark black, and a white), so I am assuming someone re-stuck it on, however, will some adhesive do the job, or are clips used behind the emblem (to secure it to the grill)

Thanks!
CJ

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, my grill emblem fell off a few months ago, was winter time, so it got put in the trunk, until now.

Its summer, everything is good, fixing up a few minor issues, namely the windshield washer pump decided to fail. The drivers door button rod assembly kept falling apart from the outside door latch, which is such a pain, cant open the door from the outside, however once again, dissassembled the door panel, repaired it, and put in all new panel clips. The weatherstripping on the window also decided to fall off, and a few other minor things, but all were fixed last week, to top it all off, the other day to get a quick car wash, to get the heavy stuff off, the car decided to get stuck/jump the "track" inside, no damage though, just some odd minutes of alarms going off!

ANYWHO,

Quick question however, looking at the grill embelm, were there any clips involved? I see two different types of adhesives on mine (dark black, and a white), so I am assuming someone re-stuck it on, however, will some adhesive do the job, or are clips used behind the emblem (to secure it to the grill)

Thanks!
CJ
if it is the 'cadillac' emblem that goes on the front grill, that emblem should have 2 studs which would get bolted from behind with a couple of nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.