: Help wiring signal mirrors please

SteveSkal
05-26-07, 01:51 PM
OK, the signal mirrors that I bought for my 02 lade arrived today and look great but I have a question about wiring them, I thought there would be just 2 wires on each , a power and ground and I'd just have to tap into the blinkers for the one wire. The passenger side only has 2 wires but the drivers side has 4?? What are these other wires for, does anyone know how to hook these up? I've done a search on here and everytime someone just give a link for the aftermarket mirrors on Jpcustoms site but these are factory mirrors and I want to install them. Any wiring guru's I would much appreciate the help. Thanks!

slk230mb
05-26-07, 04:04 PM
The extra wires on the drivers side mirror are probably for the dimming feature. The glass gets darker when it detects bright lights behind you.

SteveSkal
05-29-07, 11:49 AM
OK, I think I was making this much harder than it actually was. Since I was only replacing the mirror glass all I really needed to do was run the wires for the blinker into the housing and that was the hardest part. I guess my factory mirrors already had the auto dimming feature so the brown and black wires were already there and all I had to do was hook up the green and yellow for power and ground to the blinker. I only did the drivers side so far but it looks really cool.

Ollie8974
06-09-07, 08:09 PM
I would like to install the signal mirrors on my 02 Escalade, Are you saying the wireing is already in the housing?
How are the mirrors removed from the housing?
Thanks

SteveSkal
06-09-07, 08:30 PM
Popping the glass out is real easy, before you remove the housing from the door move the mirror as far in as it will go, all I did was pry the mirror glass up and it popped out, disconnect any wires, all I had was the heater wires and on the drivers side also had the auto dimming wires. If you buy a set of glass with the signals in it, all you have to do is run wires into the housing through your door and tap the blinkers under your steering column. It was actually pretty painless, routing the wires was probably the toughest part of the job.