: AIR FRC 1 Recommissioned

Air Force One
05-26-07, 09:47 AM
Hi All

Two weeks after destroying the 2006 I picked up a 2007 last night and took a picture on the culvert that that was kind enough to let me walk away and enjoy another day. Essentially the same car but has the suspension upgrade which is noticeable by the harder ride.

I wasn't going to get another one but there must be something about these damn cars that you just have to have one. My decision was confirmed on the short ride home with people giving us thumbs up.

This is a great forum and thanks to everyone's kind words on the original post.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

SVO

CIWS
05-26-07, 09:57 AM
Congrats man, nice looking new V :thumbsup:

urbanski
05-26-07, 10:15 AM
she's hot :)
wb

ahahnu
05-26-07, 10:32 AM
Welcome back. I knew when you were in trouble when you were still posting during the last few weeks.

The Tony Show
05-26-07, 10:32 AM
Awesome! Glad to see you back in the V- I agree that there's something about these cars. I've had two offers to sell, and passed on both.

Points for the picture idea.

odla
05-26-07, 11:51 AM
just in time for the weekend.

HushH
05-26-07, 12:39 PM
Congrats. I'd have done the same.

DILLIGAF
05-26-07, 01:08 PM
I must have missed the crashed V pics?

CIWS
05-26-07, 01:27 PM
I must have missed the crashed V pics?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/107025-air-frc-1-grounded-probably-good.html

DILLIGAF
05-26-07, 06:16 PM
Thanks C,after looking at that pic I might of got a V without the sunroof.

RightTurn
05-26-07, 08:07 PM
:highfive: She's a beaut, AF1!!

V's-V
05-26-07, 08:09 PM
Great news, welcome back and good luck :thumbsup:

12race
05-26-07, 08:51 PM
Now all you need is FRC's, Cam, Longtubes & favored exhaust, etc, etc......:stirpot:

Nice.....glad all has worked out and you are back in a V.

:usflag: :pow-mia:

Enjoy the holiday weekend, and remember our fallen service men & women.

GMBOUND
05-26-07, 09:09 PM
Welcome back,
I bet that was an easy sale for the dealer?

Air Force One
05-26-07, 09:17 PM
Welcome back,
I bet that was an easy sale for the dealer?

Way too easy as they say they lost money trying to get me the car from an intrastate trade. The dealer did a good job overall considering most don't stock the car on their lot.

Considering the deal was by phone with my original saleman it couldn't have been easier. Nice to be back.

All take care

Thanks

Scott

The Hog
05-26-07, 11:00 PM
Atta boy!!!!!!!!! Get back on that horse..... or more to the point... all 400 of them ;-)

JFC
05-27-07, 11:58 AM
I think that wrecked V thread was the first one I read on this forum. The car looked pretty good for having rolled.

Air Force One
05-27-07, 01:28 PM
I think that wrecked V thread was the first one I read on this forum. The car looked pretty good for having rolled.

The pics I put on the forum don't make the car appear to be significantly damaged but when you walk around the vehicle its trashed. None of the doors actually closed and overall body was twisted. Once they said the engine was siezed that apparently put it over the top of the threshold although a few people said the engine could probably be salvaged.

My neighbor who saw the wreck said it was more like the car literally flipped in mid air and landed on the roof. I still don't understand how the hell that was possible but fortunately I walked away from it. My right shoulder is still sore and its a reminder everyday especially when I have to put the car in reverse!

atdeneve
05-27-07, 04:53 PM
Jeez, that culvert is tiny. S'only a mere step down. In my mind, I somehow imagined it to be one of them large, cavernous ones that you could actually walk through. Funny what a tiny bugger could do to ya, ay?

Nohw yoh bak. (That's like mandarin. I'm bery fluent in several different languages. Skill son, skill.)

DarkMatter
05-27-07, 07:25 PM
oooh nice, I like shiny objects that go fast. :-)

rand49er
05-28-07, 08:18 AM
Glad to have you back in the fold. :thumbsup:

What is that saying ... "hair of the dog that bit you" ... ?

Hockeydad
05-28-07, 10:40 AM
Hi All

Two weeks after destroying the 2006 I picked up a 2007 last night and took a picture on the culvert that that was kind enough to let me walk away and enjoy another day. Essentially the same car but has the suspension upgrade which is noticeable by the harder ride.

I wasn't going to get another one but there must be something about these damn cars that you just have to have one. My decision was confirmed on the short ride home with people giving us thumbs up.

This is a great forum and thanks to everyone's kind words on the original post.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

SVO

Hey happy Memorial Day...great time to take the new V out for a shake down...I can't stand to ride in anything but my V either. Got to love the V!!

P.S. I'd do some landscaping to get rid of that reminder your parked on:salute: