: CTS 3.6 (stock) vs RSX Type S (stock)

bigtv97seville
05-26-07, 09:57 AM
Hey Peeps, Which car is faster from a Dig? Highway race? Anyone with a 3.6 have any encounters with the RSX? Thanks!

AznPrydeRegalRyde
05-26-07, 11:30 AM
From a roll...auto or manual - CTS
From a dig...auto vs auto - CTS
From a dig..manual vs manual - Drivers race.

ariza034
05-26-07, 12:36 PM
if your Cts is stick and the Acura RSx-s is Stick (only offered manual)

From a Roll -- RSX-S
from DIG-- cts would have a better launch due to rwd but then the RSX-S would catch up

if im not mistaking a 3.6 cts comes 255 hp around there vs a 210Hp Light weight RSX-S

friend of mine raced my couzen... my freind drives audi a4 AWD 6sp 255hp
VS a Honda Civic EX 2002 5sp some minor bolt ons... the Audi takes off in start great but how the race gets longer the civic keeps catching up and thats

255 hp vs 140ish

its all about weight to hp ratio

EDIT

Acura RSX Type S 6.1 14.8

Cadillac CTS 3.6l 6.6 15.0

Blackout
05-26-07, 01:18 PM
From a roll...auto or manual - CTS
From a dig...auto vs auto - CTS
From a dig..manual vs manual - Drivers race.
I dunno what your smoking but I'd like to have some because the Type S only comes in a 6 speed manual. While I am not a Honda fan by any means the RSX Type S does get up and go pretty good. I don't follow either one of these cars closely but I do know as to what each is capable of stock for stock. Ford a dig the RSX should beat you as long as your buddy is a good driver, from a roll I'd maybe side with the RSX but I have no idea as to what the power band is for a 3.6 so for all I know the 3.6 has better top end power but seeing that the Honda have all of their power on the top end it would make for an interesting race. At the end of the day I would think that stock for stock a Type S would be able to beat up on a 3.6 CTS in damn near every performance catagory

AznPrydeRegalRyde
05-26-07, 02:34 PM
if your Cts is stick and the Acura RSx-s is Stick (only offered manual)

From a Roll -- RSX-S
from DIG-- cts would have a better launch due to rwd but then the RSX-S would catch up

if im not mistaking a 3.6 cts comes 255 hp around there vs a 210Hp Light weight RSX-S

friend of mine raced my couzen... my freind drives audi a4 AWD 6sp 255hp
VS a Honda Civic EX 2002 5sp some minor bolt ons... the Audi takes off in start great but how the race gets longer the civic keeps catching up and thats

255 hp vs 140ish

its all about weight to hp ratio

EDIT

Acura RSX Type S 6.1 14.8

Cadillac CTS 3.6l 6.6 15.0So, let me get this straight. The reason a CTS cannot take an RSX-s is because your cousins' Civic with minor bolt-ons can catch up to a stock awd Audi? Is this really your argument? The Audi traps a lower mph in the 1/4 mile then the CTS does, due to its AWD. A CTS will take a RSX-s from a roll. Say goodnight, gracie.

PS. Its not all about HP - Weight. In fact, hp and weight never really have much to do with each other. Torque/weight is a better factor. And thats for the launch. Weight has very little to do with anything from a roll, especially compared to a launch.
Also, the RSX-s didnt always come with 210 hp. Originally it had 200.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
05-26-07, 02:42 PM
I dunno what your smoking but I'd like to have some because the Type S only comes in a 6 speed manual. While I am not a Honda fan by any means the RSX Type S does get up and go pretty good. I don't follow either one of these cars closely but I do know as to what each is capable of stock for stock. Ford a dig the RSX should beat you as long as your buddy is a good driver, from a roll I'd maybe side with the RSX but I have no idea as to what the power band is for a 3.6 so for all I know the 3.6 has better top end power but seeing that the Honda have all of their power on the top end it would make for an interesting race. At the end of the day I would think that stock for stock a Type S would be able to beat up on a 3.6 CTS in damn near every performance catagoryMissprint...man, do you just troll the whole board looking for grammatical errors or anything similar? Jeez, to have a life that slow and boring...
Why do kids like you always say "and Im not even a Honda fan blah blah" Who gives? I AM a Honda fan and the RSX-s will not take the CTS. You said it yourself, you dont follow either. I follow both and have driven both extensively.

From a roll, an RSX-s will NOT take a CTS 3.6L. This is a race Ive done ALOT of times. My brother in law has one, my finacee had one, and 2 coworkers have one each. Without a good launch, the 14.8 the RSX-s is capable of, will not happen. It's trap speeds are more indicative of of a low 15 sec car. Whereas a CTS traps speeds are more indicitive of a hi- 14 sec.
RSX-s is much lighter and will take a CTS from a dig with a good driver. This is the only place an RSX-s will take the CTS. Strictly talking straight line performance. Stock for stock at an AutoX...good luck to the CTS driver, he'll need it.

Blackout
05-26-07, 04:54 PM
Missprint...man, do you just troll the whole board looking for grammatical errors or anything similar? Jeez, to have a life that slow and boring...What misprint are you talking about? The auto statement you made? If that is what you are talking about I dunno why your getting in such a huff about something as minor as that.

Why do kids like you always say "and Im not even a Honda fan blah blah" Who gives? I AM a Honda fan and the RSX-s will not take the CTS. You said it yourself, you dont follow either. I follow both and have driven both extensively.Well the reason I say I'm not a Honda fan is because I'm not a Honda fan so I'm not trying to say that imports are better because I know how people on here like to throw that around.

From a roll, an RSX-s will NOT take a CTS 3.6L. This is a race Ive done ALOT of times.Ok then. Like I said before I dunno what the powerband is for the 3.6 so it would make for an interesting race. So it's not like I was like "RSX-S will hand a 3.6 CTS its ass from a roll!!!!!"

Without a good launch, the 14.8 the RSX-s is capable of, will not happen. It's trap speeds are more indicative of of a low 15 sec car. Whereas a CTS traps speeds are more indicitive of a hi- 14 sec.It's nice that to you what trap speeds should indicate that this car should do this and this car should do that. At the end of the day the RS-S can do a 14.8 whether or not the trap speeds say so or not. I mean with my bone stock 1995 Mark VIII that I had it ran a 14.921 @ 96.75 mph with a slipping tranny and a bad MLPS sensor. So with that being said that trap speed should mean that I should be running low 14's. But with your vast knowledge of ET's and trap speeds you should know as to how to properly read the slip. With a car having a shitty ET but a high trap speed that would mean that it is a slug off the line but once it gets going it hauls some booty, whereas a low ET but a low trap speed as well would mean that it gets out of the hole great but has no top end. Perfect example would be any AWD vehicle. They can pull great 1/4's but their ET's are seriously lacking.

RSX-s is much lighter and will take a CTS from a dig with a good driver. This is the only place an RSX-s will take the CTS. Strictly talking straight line performance. Stock for stock at an AutoX...good luck to the CTS driver, he'll need it.So basically your saying that the RSX-S will beat a 3.6 from a dig and destroy it on a AutoX course but the CTS will be better from a roll?

On a side note I looked up both the RSX-S and the 3.6 CTS's 0-100 mph times and from what I'm gathering the RSX-S will hit 100 mph almost a second and a half faster then the CTS will and some other mag's have gotten numbers damn near 3 seconds faster too 100 then the 3.6 CTS. Motortrend did a Sport Sedan Shootout between the Acura TL, 3.6 CTS, Infiniti G35 Sport, and Saab 9-3 Aero and the CTS did a 0-100 mph run in 19.4 seconds while the RSX-S does it in 18 seconds flat. Also Road & Track did a comparison with the RSX-S versus the Cobalt SS and they got a 0-100 mph time for the RSX-S 16.6 seconds.

the cadillac kid
05-26-07, 04:59 PM
and the TL type S ?

rape?

ariza034
05-26-07, 08:04 PM
RSX TYPE S WILL OWN A CTS 3.6l FROM A ROLL OR FROM THE DIG .

THERE IS NO IF OR BUTS ITS LIKE THAT FACE IT

EDIT: did some research on the rsx forums ... they are sayin that its all how well the driver can drive, and they are sayin that rsx has advantage due to it being a lighter car.

AND the TL Type S would RAPEEE the CTS

the cts weights around 3800 lbs and the Rsx weights 2800lbs

parexa
05-27-07, 09:38 AM
Get an exhaust and intake and put that chinese boy in his place

bigtv97seville
05-27-07, 11:02 AM
I've looked at the times reported by various magazines and reviews on the internet by both cars and the RSX has times ranging from low 15's in the quarter mile to high 14's. I want to know if anyone with a 3.6 CTS has actually raced one of these cars. I want to hear real encounters none of this "well this car runs this time and this car runs that time so it should win" lol!!