: Personal Setting

mikek84121
05-26-07, 09:22 AM
Any way to get the "easy exit/entry" to move the seat back to its memory position upon reentering the vehicle and closing the door or starting the engine as my Vette does....and not have to push one of the memory buttons?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Mike

TSS
05-26-07, 10:14 AM
My 2006 can be programmed to do that.

73Thumper
05-26-07, 10:16 AM
On my 07, 2 keyfobs, 1 will reposition for memory 1, the other for memory 2. Just press the unlock button, even if the doors are unlocked. Mirrors and seat will adjust immediately to the preset of that remote. I marked each remote more clearly then factory (there's were tiny numbers 1 or 2).

mikek84121
05-26-07, 01:15 PM
Thanks 73Thumper. I know that the Personal Settings can be set that way. The problem is that the seat resets to the memory setting BEFORE I get in (when you hit Unlock). Having just come out of a total knee replacement, I need the seat to stay put in the easy exit position until I close the door or start the engine, the latter being the way my '07 Vette does it.

Mike

Kauai 1
05-26-07, 04:06 PM
mikek84121, can you reprogram "Memory 2" on your remote/key fob to the "easy entry/exit" setting, and thus have the setting you want when unlocking the door prior to entry?

arandall850
05-27-07, 10:00 AM
it works like that on my 04 srx. It stays in the easy exit till I start the car, so you should be able to change the options.

mikek84121
05-27-07, 04:37 PM
arandall850:

That is the way that it should work, however, on my '07 it does not work that way. When the memory seat feature is set, it returns to that seat position as soon as you hit the Unlock button on the fob from the easy exit seat position. I'm with you, this is a very dumb engineering decision and contrary to the way my '07 Vette works. Anybody know a way around this situation?

Mike

MortnCyn
05-28-07, 08:00 AM
Assuming you have the feature, see the following in section 3 of the manual and you should be able to program how you want it to work.

DIC Vehicle Personalization
Your vehicle is equipped with personalization that allows
you to program certain features to a preferred setting
for up to two people. The number of programmable
features varies depending upon which model of
the vehicle is purchased.
On all vehicles, features such as climate control
settings, radio preset settings, exterior lighting at unlock,
remote lock and unlock confirmation, and automatic
door locks have already been programmed for
your convenience.
Some vehicles are equipped with additional features
that can be programmed including the seat and outside
rearview mirror position.
If your vehicle is equipped with the ability to program
additional personalization features, the driver’s
preferences are recalled by pressing the unlock button
on the remote keyless entry transmitter, 1 or 2, or
by pressing the appropriate memory button, 1 or 2,
located on the driver’s door. Certain features can
be programmed not to recall until the key is placed in
the ignition. To change feature preferences, see
“Entering the Personalization Menu” ...........

mikek84121
05-28-07, 11:14 AM
MortnCyn:

It says that in the Owners Manual on page 12 and refers you to page 231, however, there are no instructions that I could find in the manual to allow the memory seat to only be recalled when the key is put into the ignition. I guess I need to contact the dealer tomorrow.

Mike

mikek84121
05-29-07, 05:46 PM
I've had lengthy discussions with my dealer today about the aforementioned problem and the error in the Owners Manual. They say that the interior '07 change was extensive and this was one of them. Seems the Escalade and DTS have the same issue. I have also written to and will be speaking with Cadillac directly about this. I figure that the same idiot that made this change was probably the one that put the rear window wiper controls on the headliner. Right now, the ONLY ways that the exit easy seat will return to its programmed position is to press the memory button or set up the "features" menus to allow the seat to move after pushing the Unlock on the fob. I wonder how many reps the memory button is good for....I hope 39 months (my lease period).

Mike