: Funny car dealership story...this is good

AirJigga25
04-30-03, 02:45 PM
This one has got to be told...
It's the end of the month and a good time to buy a new car...
My SLS is on the market at $13,200 even though it blue books at $14,840. But I figured maybe I would go to Frost Nissan to look at Maximas because I like them...they might give me a great deal since its april 29th (Please no ricer trash talk!)
I was all set on a black loaded 2000 Maxima GLE with 6,000 miles on it! Since Frost owns a Cadillac dealership I asked them if they'd give me a good trade in...they said yes. I also told them I'd except nothing less than a great deal it being the end of the month... I swear some car sales people are the biggest pieces of crap. I told them to lead with their best offer because I didn't want to waste my time... The Maxima was bluebooking at 19,200.

Here's the kicker...they said they'd give me $6000 trade in. I ask them if it's a joke...sales guy says no. I ask if its a joke again...sales guy says no thats what they told me. Then I asked the price of the Maxima stand alone...he said 21,995. I told him that I wanted the best offer not a shitty offer. Basically we haggled back and forth...and he upped it to 8,000 for the trade. I say: sorry buddy you are going to have to do considerably better than that to get my bizniss.

Wait...there's a happy ending! I told him there's no chance that he'll ever get my business. I talked to the manager..and said, it's over I gave you a chance but you gave me a pathetic offer and I'm pissed. I'm going to tell everyone never to by from you again if anyone ever asks me my advice... God, I can't believe how bad that offer was.
I really liked the Maxima it was nice as hell.
Guess what...I like my cadillac way more though and those guys can go to hell. If I don't get anything else today, I'm definitely going to detail the Caddy this weekend and wait until I sell it on my own. They offered me 6 grand for my dream car!

I hope you guys all got a chuckle out of that and hopefully it pleases you that I stayed true to my Caddy. I'm definitely going to sell it to someone who will appreciate it and be good to it.
Later.
(ps- Private message me if you're interested in a 1997 loaded black sls with 9000 miles left on the extended warrantee...I live in boston.)Peace

BeelzeBob
04-30-03, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I guess they didn't really give you a good deal on that Maxima.. And $6k seems very cheap for a '97 SLS.

What other cars are you interested in? Possibly another Cadillac? If the Seville was your dreamcar - I figure you'd want another. No? So what's next?

AirJigga25
04-30-03, 04:40 PM
I want to get either a new car or the right used car. I would like 0% financing which cadillac has right now, its just that I don't want to purchase a brand new one because I can't justify spending that much money...price range at most is in the low 20's for something new. used it would have to be something with low miles, great consumer reports, and 8,000 - 19,000. It's not the price, its the specific car...I'm picky.
Sigh...nothing in my price range can compare to the beauty of my 97 sls cadillac though.

BeelzeBob
04-30-03, 04:44 PM
You're right. You should just stick with your car and save your extra money until you can get a newer STS. Get a CPO '01 or something.. You still have your warranty and the car is just damn amazing... What about an ETC for a change? They're a little less expensive, more reliable - and more rare, really...

Katshot
04-30-03, 05:04 PM
There are a few '97 SLS's for sale in your area. One is priced at $9995 believe it or not (National Motor Cars). The rest are priced in the low teens. Without seeing the car, it's hard to say why the guy gave you such a low figure but that's the way it goes sometimes. The problem you're running into is that there's currently no incentives on any Nissans other than the QX4.

Ralph
05-01-03, 12:56 AM
Dealers never offer good on the trade-in because they mark it up themselves to make more profit. I would always sell privately, because you can get more. What a lot of people do is trade-in but then you only get the stated price for your car as discount! What you can do is sell privately, then haggle the price lower on the car you want. My rule of thumb is to just pay the sticker. If the dealer will pay the tax then than may be considered a good deal. The new DTS is stickered starting at 70,000 Canadian dollars! My dad haggled for over a grueling month and got the price down to 66,000 taxrs paid! NEVER TRADE unless you are lazy and want to get rid of your old car in a hurry! IMO!

AirJigga25
05-01-03, 12:58 PM
That is true. I'm not going to trade it and I know the exact car I want....2001 Olds Aurora 4.0 V8 ...black. I looked at it last night...but I wouldn't part with the caddy for that cheap. They say that at auction Caddy's fetch hardly anything... My car is pretty rare to have the black on black chrome package, loaded, 12 discs, phone, sunroof, wheels... I won't have a problem selling it I don't think. Plus its been covered by an extended warrantee the whole time which has payed for itself 3 fold.

this is the same aurora I want but not in black...see if you like it...the cockpit is abs. beautiful.
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/OldsmobileAurora/Index.htm
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/OldsmobileAurora/Photos.htm

Brett
05-01-03, 01:09 PM
Yeah, ive always liked the auroras. Took a rented one on a 20 hr road trip a few years back. I picked it up at Enterpise rental with 20 miles on it. Brought it back 3 days later with just under 1300. Was a really fun car. I think you'll be happy with it.

AirJigga25
05-01-03, 02:11 PM
the V8 4.0 is derrived from the Northstar, it has all the features of the caddy, beautiful lines, its consumer ratings are phenomenal for an american car, and I hope its still there after I sell my Caddy...

AirJigga25
05-01-03, 02:12 PM
Saturday, October 19, 2002
The Car Of The Millenium! By Aurora Kid 10.0 Details
Review: The 2001 Aurora 4.0 that I have owned for the past 2 years has been the bestcar that I have ever driven or seenin the 43 years that I have been driv-ing. There is not enough space here forme to say how great this car is.
Favorite Features: DOHC 4 liter V-8, FWD, Traction control, PCS, exceptonally good A/C, just to name a few items.
Suggested Improvements: The only improvement that I can suggest for the Aurora is for GM to change its mind and keep the Aurora in production!!

AirJigga25
05-01-03, 02:13 PM
Saturday, October 26, 2002
hate to see it go By olds lover 9.4 Details
Review: This is my 2nd aurora. I owned a 1997first. Have bought 4 new cadillacs since1986 and for the money this car putsthem all to shame. I enjoy driving thiscar on long trips.
Favorite Features: comfort, handling, style and proformance
Suggested Improvements: olds finally came out with a top of the line car. hate to see it go. As of today do not no what car i will buy next.

AirJigga25
05-01-03, 02:14 PM
Sunday, September 29, 2002
A masterpiece of engineering. By WED 10.0 Details
Review: This is our third Aurora.During this time we also had two Cadillacs. When i retired we had a 1997 Aurora and a 1997 Cadillac. We sold the Cadillac, though satisfied with it, we felt the Aurora offered more driving pleasure. We drive around town and across co
Favorite Features: Acceleration Can't be beat on the interstates to get away from clutzy drivers or tailgaters. Staying power in curves. Very smooth ride. North Star sys
Suggested Improvements: Regret they are discontinuing.

AirJigga25
05-01-03, 07:55 PM
how about the cadillac /aurora hybrid...check this 1990 concept car! http://members.fortunecity.com/zincster/