: SRX Nav Issue

ckrichards
05-25-07, 08:40 PM
I started with Nav version 3, and then received Nav disc version 5. I noticed that the system would no longer navigate to destinations on smaller/back roads. The kind of raods that do not show on the screen until 1/8 mile. Version 5 would only get me to somewhere close, on a main road. I would have to figure out how to get the rest of the way. My old version 3 disc did not have that problem.

Now for the question.

Has anyone noticed the same "small road" issues with the version 6 disc? If version 6 can use the smaller roads to get to remote places, then I'll spring for the update. If version 6 has the same issues I was thinking of going back to version 3.

I guess if nobody else has the same version 5 problem maybe the disc and nav unit on my 2004 are not working together as they should?

TSS
05-26-07, 10:10 AM
You have my old version 5. I have that same issue w/ my Version 6 in remote areas. I never had a version 4 for comparison.

I will be getting the version 7 when it comes out this summer . You may want to wait and I will tell you if it is better .

sgilbert
05-26-07, 12:24 PM
I also went from v.3 to v.6, and was VERY disapointed. At least from my home area, there were no new updates. Not worth $5, let alone $200!

TSS
05-27-07, 07:26 AM
My Version 6 definitely had updates - newer developments/roads etc. Other than that, it was the same as my Version 5.