: Gettin' my ride back tonight!!!!!!

4DRVETT
05-25-07, 06:34 PM
Super excited! Some of you will remember my story from a while back...quick recap: I bought my V on Mar 24th, was hit on Mar 26th, went into the body shop on Mar 28th...several delays, hassles, and apologies later, I'm finally pickin' her up tonight! Yeehaw! Goodbye 108 hp rental, hello 400 hp Caddy!!! BTW, I'll post pics before and after, and give feedback on the body shop for those of you in the SoCal/LA area. Thanks for letting me vent! :thumbsup:

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma
Graphic Design, Decals, Banners, T-Shirts, etc.

HushH
05-25-07, 06:50 PM
Glad to hear it. Nobody should have to be without their V for 2 months.

CIWS
05-25-07, 07:12 PM
OMG, I would probably go insane. 3 weeks was bad enough driving a normal CTS.

Congrats dude, glad to hear you're getting it back !

The Tony Show
05-25-07, 07:19 PM
Yeah, when I had my engine replaced I had a 2.8L CTS loaner- Got back in my V after 3 weeks in the loaner and almost killed myself.

It's amazing how quickly your foot gets trained.

Chef
05-26-07, 12:27 AM
:mad: :highfive: :alchi:

I hear ya. I've been without for almost a month in a half. I'm thinking the wait will be worth it...:bouncy: Soon the signature will be updated...:thumbsup:

Florian
05-26-07, 10:56 AM
Glad to hear it. Nobody should have to be without their V for 2 months.

Ive been V-less for almost 5 months....BUT, I will have the first KARS rear when Doug is done....yummy!

F

CIWS
05-26-07, 10:59 AM
Yeah, but you're used to strange and unusual situations because of your rear F man :D

Florian
05-26-07, 11:13 AM
Yeah, but you're used to strange and unusual situations because of your rear F man :D

trudat! my rear is now bigger and wider! It was done by a vigorous and potent weightlifter that I met on this forum, who hammered at it mercilessly without any protection other than a welders mask. He had me lift my rear in the air so he could get at all the nooks and crannies...he probed me with his tool of destruction and lo and behold, my rear is done.

F

ahahnu
05-26-07, 11:35 AM
Vigerous and potent weightlifter, lol. You get to drive it yet?

I hated not having the car for 1 day. (I've gone longer) There is just a sense of relief.

Florian
05-26-07, 11:47 AM
Vigerous and potent weightlifter, lol. You get to drive it yet?

I hated not having the car for 1 day. (I've gone longer) There is just a sense of relief.

Doug has driven it countless times....says its time for new rubber. He says it just plants and goes, no hop, no wiggle, just squat, plant, burn.

F

AlBundy
05-26-07, 12:13 PM
Well I'm V-less. It doesn't bother me.:eek:

ahahnu
05-26-07, 12:44 PM
Plants and goes, no hop, no wiggle, just burn. I want to gigle like a little school girl, or Homer Simpson. Hehe.

HushH
05-26-07, 01:41 PM
Ive been V-less for almost 5 months....BUT, I will have the first KARS rear when Doug is done....yummy!

F

I might be able to hold out for something like that. This car is just too damn fun to drive.

Florian
05-26-07, 02:20 PM
I JUST spoke with Doug....ITS DONE!!!!! THE V LIVES! He said it was perfect in every way, even the front end comes up like the old Malibu's
Im truly excited! Picking it up next Sat after he rolls 100+ miles on it to break it in....yee hah!

Thank you Doug, youre the man!

F

CIWS
05-26-07, 02:26 PM
We Need Video Of Performance !!! :D

Chef
05-26-07, 03:22 PM
:postpics: :rave:

4DRVETT
05-26-07, 04:06 PM
Sick! It might've been worth the wait if new toys were being installed...anyhow, Got'er back last night! It's slightly bittersweet at the moment. Car is still a blast to drive, BUT...it has to go back. I knew that Redline would be a bia*%& to match, but still hoped for the best. Well, their best wasn't good enough. The bumpers are a hue too bright. Nonetheless, it'll be fixed. May just have to go another day or two without her.

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma
Graphic Design, Decals, Banners, T-Shirts, etc.

ahahnu
05-26-07, 05:23 PM
Better to get her done right the first time. Atleast you can enjoy for the weekend. Post pics when you get her back finally.

Florian
05-26-07, 06:10 PM
:postpics: :rave:

Cheffo, take a lookee here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/104792-details-new-rear-12.html

yummy....better than Kobe beef!

F