Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ROllerzRob 
#1 ·
hey from what i've heard around, the LT1 is a pretty powerful engine. and also from what i've heard its a fairly easy swap from a ht4100... i just want to know what kind of power it has, what kind of mileage to expect, and if it will be a easy smog inspection in california. i read that for CA, if youre going to replace an engine, the new one has to emit just as much or less than the previous engine. any ideas? id sure love to gain some power in my caddy

#2 ·
Power will be much better than the 4100. 260 HP, 335 Ft/lbs torque (from a 94-96 B/D body - use that one for the most torque and to get the right accessories). Easy? Depends on your definition. Different motor mounts. You will need the transmission with the LT1, the complete wiring harness, the PCM (computer), all accessories/brackets. You will need to modify the trans crossmember. Possibly custom AC, steering, cooling, heating hoses. Fuel tank pump. Custom hook up for the speedometer. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.:)

#3 ·
Sounds like a very worthy swap. But, depending on the $ of the engine, get a LM7 (5.3L) or LQ4 (6.0L) instead. They are quite reasonable at car-part.com, and have better power and mpg than the LT1. Swap IS a bit more complicated, but it isn't too bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.