: Blacked the headlights! 2nd Set!

250motorsportz
05-25-07, 02:54 AM
Here are some pics of the escalade with the blacked out headlights (completed today) I love the mean look of them. let me know what you guys think. Also, for you lader's that looovvee em soo much but are afraid to mess up yours, let me know I am willing to sell mine for a decent price. Thanks!

tc3
05-25-07, 03:42 AM
Looks great!
I like the 250, nice touch!!

memphisstylee
05-25-07, 04:18 AM
looks great! I really like the 250. Just curious, but how come you didnt mask off the DTR and turn signal reflector area? How bright are the bulbs when theyre on since theres nothing to reflect the bulb?

250motorsportz
05-25-07, 11:18 AM
thanks! I masked off the DRL's and signals, but when I was finished i unmasked it and somehow some paint dripped onto the drl's, and i really didnt like the look, so I just painted it all black. My lights still work fine, you can see signals clearly, and there isnt much of a difference....

BTW. HEADLAMPS FOR SALE. lol

PhiNally
05-25-07, 12:38 PM
How all did you do that, and what kind of paint did you use, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

250motorsportz
05-25-07, 12:47 PM
I heated up the silicone with a heat gun, then opened the lens up, loosened the two hex nuts and a screw, then used krylon fusion paint (black) and did about 3 coats, no clear coat, no sanding required. Then used some gasket maker (silicone high temp seal) to seal them back up and installed them. You interested in them? Just a $20 project with about 3 non-consecutive hours of work.

PhiNally
05-25-07, 04:16 PM
Yeah I like them a lot, I've been thinking about doing mine.

Caddydude420
05-26-07, 11:53 AM
250...Do you mind getting some more pictures of that grille. I'm stuck between that grill and either blacking our or chroming my stock grille. I definitely want to see that grill on a black truck though. Can you really see through the area around the the chrome squares (I'm worried that the chrome square things are spaced a little wide, showing off the black plastic support thats holding it to together. I don't want it to look like a cheap plastic POS grill) Thanks a lot man

250motorsportz
05-26-07, 02:03 PM
Save your money and just get a E&G mesh one, wayyyyy better. Or paint your stock one. I dont like this grill too much. I'm replacing it with a E&G Mesh grill.