Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  lonestranger 
#1 ·
wow-we had a show at the Cadillac dealership for the pre race here in Charlotte NC today. so they introduce me to big wig GM guy and I also talked with 2 drivers, #8 Pilgrim and #1 Lawson!! what a blast, we compared cars!
any how, the GM guy said for a fact that the fall of 2008 the 2009 V vill be out and will definatley have over 500hp!! it will have STS rear end.

P.S. both drivers signed my sun visor----is that an instant $5000 added to value of car..:)

#3 ·
I would think you should get value add on the signed visors. When Carrol Shelby signed the dashboard of a GT500 recently, it jumped in value.

BTW - I watched your videos posted on the web, the oh @#$% its a cop, the car overview and when you picked it up after the upgrades.... Nice and you are a hoot....

So, I am getting ready to do a cam, headers and CAI. I have B&B on the car already with a resonator. Did you run resonator or x pipe with the headers. Also, if you will share, what cam did you install?

Thanks,

Tim - 12race

#19 ·
Carol Shelby is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than a driver... I say no added value and maybe even a decline...

#4 ·
"I'll give you $5 for the used Kenny Logins record."
"But it's signed!"
"Ok I'll give you four."

#5 ·
In a story about the G8 in GMHTP mag, they indicate that "it is unlikely that the G8 GXP will get the 500+ HP LSA (supercharged LS3?)". More food (or rumor) for thought I guess.

Btw, whatever engine ends up in there I bet it will "Do zero to sixty in zero seconds. You're there before you left" ;)

-Chris

#11 ·
In a story about the G8 in GMHTP mag, they indicate that "it is unlikely that the G8 GXP will get the 500+ HP LSA (supercharged LS3?)". More food (or rumor) for thought I guess.

-Chris
Chris, I read the same thing, but I thought GMHTP said without question that the 2009 V will be the blown LSA.

I believe that article stated something like (paraphrasing): "The G8 GXP will not have the same engine as the 2009 CTS-V (which will have the LSA, a supercharged LS3) boasting over 500 horsepower.

It read somthing like that........I think.

#6 ·
I confess to having mixed emotions about the likelihood of a 500+-hp V for 2009.

On the one hand, I'd love to see Cadillac continue to develop our wonderful vehicle, even if it causes me (owner of a 2005) extreme fits of jealousy.

On the other hand, if GM experiences a crisis of conscience and decides the path to a successful future is eco-green, then maybe there won't be another V, in which case we'd have instant collector'$$$ items in our garages.

I guess we win either way, either long-term or short-term...

#33 · (Edited)
I think GM has to decide if the V is the direction they want to continue to take. They are losing money and they need to do whatever keeps them afloat.

I mean, do you guys think GM see's the GM performance division as a viable business decision to keep the V's going forward? Has the V gotten a big enough following? Will it continue to grow? I'm not so sure GM thinks so... :( I just don't see enough of them, and they had SO many problems...

I disagree that it's good for V-owners if the V goes away. I would not count on it being a collectors Item.

CMON 500BHP!!!

DEAN, WE NEED MORE VIDEOS, BRO!!!

Future quote (I hope)
Dean500hp: The 500BHP CTS-V, 0-60 in... NEGATIVE 1 seconds, you're LITERALLY there, before you left. The CTS-V, Timetravel in style! W0000t! :highfive:

#9 ·
A good friend of mine is working on troubleshooting procedures for the new rear and it may be "an STS rear end" but it certainly isn't the current STS rear end.

#10 ·
I think the guy you spoke with was VERY misinformed. He probably had no idea what the F he was talking about. An "STS rearend", what does that even refer to? An STS-V rearend? An STS V6 rearend? And "500HP"? Highly doubt it; I WISH, but doubt it. It appears that he is just rambling about heresay and is full of shit.

Would you like to know how I really feel about it?? :rant2:

#16 ·
Glad to see youre still around Dean!!

I sure hope the new V can get me there before I left!! LOL!! Actually Im not that much of a fan of the new CTS. Sadly I am eyeballing the V8 G8 as my next ride.

Anyway, I might be in Charlotte in October for a panthers game. If thats the case I must meet the legend that is Dean400hp!! Ill keep ya posted on that one!

GO PANTHERS!!!

#29 ·
wow-we had a show at the Cadillac dealership for the pre race here in Charlotte NC today. so they introduce me to big wig GM guy and I also talked with 2 drivers, #8 Pilgrim and #1 Lawson!! what a blast, we compared cars!
any how, the GM guy said for a fact that the fall of 2008 the 2009 V vill be out and will definatley have over 500hp!! it will have STS rear end.

P.S. both drivers signed my sun visor----is that an instant $5000 added to value of car..:)
Sweet story. My neighbor sat next to Pilgrim on a plane and said he was a real nice guy. I would let Pilgrim sign my visor. Jimmie Johnson too. 500+ here we come!!! I hope they leave it naturally aspirated, make lots of aftermarket parts from the race team available, honor our legit warranty work, bring the interior up to date with options, put in front and rear cameras for tracking and backing, more bells and whistles, and of course......less weight. A guy can dream.

#30 ·
p.s. Talked to a Caddy service manager the other day....he stated next Z06 (500HP) will be in the next V.

I'm at the point now I want to put a BS chart together...and whichever lie has the most points wins (and must be true) ;)

T'

#31 ·
Ah.... Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis never get old....

"Dats only in da mournin....you should be up cuking brekfast or sumtin"

T

#36 ·
Hey you guys! sorry I dont get in here much anymore, got the big raise and they expect me to work from now on..hehe

Good to see all the response from this, there was actually more I just didnt have time to tell you. Pilgrim and Lawson sat in my car and jaws dropped when I started it! they said it sounded like there race car- lawson is 23 and has a silver V of his own that he drives, he loves the car. I told the GM guy about some of the problems we all have had and he said they have been aware of all of them and have fixed everything for 2009, I told him the only way I would by another is if it could compete with z06, he said that was the plan! otherwise I am just going to put more HP into the one I have.

To answer the question about CAM, I have the Patrick G cam, all torque. B&B headers and exhaust, loud as hell! Dealer is taking my B&B cats off next month after they do inspection sticker.....hold your ears!

Miss all of you freaks-Ill check back in a month :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.