: Taking off sun visor airbag stickers?!?

BayLac510
05-24-07, 01:38 AM
The airbag stickers warn you that small children can be injured by airbags. No, really? More importantly, whatís it got to do with me? First, I am childless. Second, I donít let kids ride in the front seat of my cars. (If I had kids, Iíd consider it my responsibility to discover the safest way to carry them.)

Has anybody removed these things???

If so, what was the best technique???

I want to remove mine and put "V" decals...

1fstkde
05-24-07, 03:05 AM
i really dont think you can remove them..its the law to have them on..looks nasty i know, but i tried also to remove them, but it seemed liked the visor would have ripped if i tried any harder..

shckr-v
05-24-07, 03:14 AM
I took them off my trucks visors which are made of the same material. I used a blow dryer and just slightly heated them up which loosened up the sticky stuff and just slowly peeled them away at an angle. Be careful not to get it too hot though. just warm. Then I just cleaned the residue with a light application of G00-B-Gone or Goof Off. I prefer Goof Off. Now that I think about it, I dot know why I havent done it on my V. probably will do it next weekend.

OldRoadDawg
05-24-07, 10:20 AM
Check this thread:
Sun Visors (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/51528-visor-warning-stickers.html)
Scroll down to #23
I meant to look at his visors at the last October meet in Columbus, but forgot. I'm fairly sure he still lurks around here on the forum.

BayLac510
05-24-07, 06:22 PM
Thanks...Ill try some of those methods

Rockafella
05-24-07, 07:06 PM
I design visors for cars and the labels are heat transfered onto the fabric. This process is similar to an iron on patch. You can remove the label with heat and by picking at a corner. However, there is a good chance that the label will rip as you are removing it or leave residue behind. If the label does peel off cleanly, then you will have a "shadow" where the label was adhered to the fabric.

These labels are a Federal requirement and are designed to be VERY difficult to remove. Good luck! :bouncy:

lreddiablo
10-01-07, 05:37 PM
My last 2 GM cars had the labels but the visors were vinyl so they peeled right off. I just searched for this forum to figure out how to get these things off my new STS that has cloth visors.

ewill3rd
10-02-07, 07:45 AM
They look worse without them.
Isn't there an outside chance someone else will ever own your car?
Having seen people try to take them off, I'd advise you to look at the road instead of the visors and leave the decals where they are.
Up 2 U.

jspridge
10-02-07, 02:38 PM
The decals can be removed quite easily with Goof Off and a little patience. You will like the look when it's done.