: Rear view video camera....

psalmist
05-23-07, 10:54 PM
Does the Escalade have them, if not can one be retrofitted into the Nav system screen?

psalmist
05-23-07, 10:57 PM
A forum search has given me my first answer.... <d'oh>

Hmmm.. should be a fun hack.

hcvone
05-24-07, 06:04 AM
The 07's have them, and many aftermarket systems can take a rear view camera. :)

psalmist
05-24-07, 06:56 AM
The 07's have them, and many aftermarket systems can take a rear view camera. :)

Carl,

I was hoping for a "reasonably" price option that works through the nav/radio screen.

thank you again for your assistance.

david

hcvone
05-24-07, 08:09 AM
Not sure about the reasonable price part, but there are some aftermarket options, don't know if you have a lot of choice if you want to stay with stock items, you could probably find the Nav radio with camera option on E-Bay the cheapest, of try some local junk yards

psalmist
05-25-07, 11:32 AM
Not sure about the reasonable price part, but there are some aftermarket options, don't know if you have a lot of choice if you want to stay with stock items, you could probably find the Nav radio with camera option on E-Bay the cheapest, of try some local junk yards

I might consider the rear view mirror option. I spotted a 300 dollar unit that has half the mirror convert to an LCD screen.

Cadillacboy
05-25-07, 04:53 PM
I had seen a 'lade with the rear camera .The car came with factory OEM Navi and there was a camera in the middle of the high stop lamp .
As I recall, it was '05