: Is my V running right?

bryce3
05-23-07, 04:17 PM
I have an '04 w/ 33K on her. She has a maggie, B&B w/ res. and Stealth Wild tune. I just don't feel that fast anymore. I raced a hemi charger (non srt-8) and beat him but didn't destroy him. I also have to run 95 octane fuel or I ping. Looking for something that may not even be there????
-Sean

The Tony Show
05-23-07, 04:35 PM
If you're pinging on 93 you could be lean, causing the knock sensors to pull a ton of timing. There's so many things that can rob power, such as fuel filter, fuel pump, tune, boost leak, etc, etc, so it's hard to diagnose over the Internet.

You should absolutely humiliate a non SRT Hemi, so there's something not right (unless you just can't drive, which I'll assume is not the case).

heavymetals
05-23-07, 04:36 PM
MORE MODS!:thepan:

It's only as fast as your last mod.........:alchi:

HushH
05-23-07, 05:01 PM
What Tony said. I'd guess KR based on the fact that you're pinging.

04CTSVFLA
05-23-07, 05:30 PM
more mods doesnt solve the problem if somethings not working right heavy.... def sounds like your shits fcked up. Take it to a dyno performance shop and tell them to re tune it.

heavymetals
05-23-07, 05:33 PM
I was KIDDING!

If it is pinging on 95 something is wrong, no kidding. :thepan:

wildwhl
05-23-07, 05:58 PM
Check your intercooler (feel the hoses after some hard running) and verify the pump is pumping, and that the fluid is topped off. Possibly you're suffering from heat induced power reduction (pulled timing, etc.)

WW

StealthV
05-24-07, 12:10 AM
If didn't ping before and now it does, something changed. Checking the cooler like WW suggested and the fuel boost of the Magnavolt would be good places to start.

Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

bryce3
05-24-07, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys for the info. I did check the fuel psi @ 4k & 6k, it got as high as 70. As for the car pinging problem, it has always pinged from the day the s/c was installed. I noticed that if I use 91 octane gas it pings way worse than it did before I ever used the 95 octane. I'll try to set up a dyno run and see if that sheds some light on anything.
thanks all
-Sean

Luna.
05-24-07, 01:45 PM
You need your tune modified if you're pinging. Pinging = not good, especially in a supercharged, high-compression motor

odla
05-24-07, 01:49 PM
ya ping can = boom sometimes