: Is there a sign on my forehead?

Seattle CTS-V
05-23-07, 12:27 PM
Or is my car just plain badass??

I washed the car last night and put another coat of wax on her beautiful angled body. Black and chrome perfection!

This morning on the way to work I swear at least 7 or 8 car fulls of people took long, hard looks at Baby-V as they passed by her. Not just a little glance, but a 'damn that's a nice car' look. Kinda made me feel artificially and materialistically good.

RightTurn
05-23-07, 12:30 PM
Kinda made me feel artificially and materialistically good.

But...that's the feeling we're ALL going for. :highfive:

dqw1
05-23-07, 12:41 PM
Just plain badass.
Been away from mine almost 2 weeks and I know Sunday afternoon my black V will get cleaned and the chromed shined. Then I can stand back and stare at it with a Chivas in my hand.

LV_V
05-23-07, 12:44 PM
But...that's the feeling we're ALL going for. :highfive:
My favorite is when people are genuinely scared as you punch it WOT next to them. ESPECIALLY when they have their windows down HAHAHA

Flyboy
05-23-07, 12:49 PM
Seattle.......

I agree wholeheartly.....I just moved to Scottsdale....the land of Beautiful Cars and plastic Ti$ts. My car attracts soooo much attention even there with all the Beemers, Mercedes, etc......ESPECIALLY at WOT! ! !

Seattle CTS-V
05-23-07, 12:49 PM
My favorite is when people are genuinely scared as you punch it WOT next to them. ESPECIALLY when they have their windows down HAHAHA

Whenever traffic is heavy there are a couple underpasses that I go through nice and slow. I love pushing in the clutch and blipping the throttle so the Kooks and Magnaflows can scare the crap out of the cars around me. DAMN it's loud with the tunneling effect.

Seattle CTS-V
05-23-07, 12:50 PM
plastic Ti$ts

Mmmmmm. :bouncy: :bouncy:

odla
05-23-07, 12:55 PM
hey can you post some pics after the wax. What type of wax do you use. how long does it take. congrats on the looks.

50 4Ever
05-23-07, 01:08 PM
Seattle.......

I agree wholeheartly.....I just moved to Scottsdale....the land of Beautiful Cars and plastic Ti$ts. My car attracts soooo much attention even there with all the Beemers, Mercedes, etc......ESPECIALLY at WOT! ! !

Another Black V in Chef country... :thumbsup: Stay cool this summer...

V-Max
05-23-07, 01:43 PM
Or is my car just plain badass??

I washed the car last night and put another coat of wax on her beautiful angled body. Black and chrome perfection!

This morning on the way to work I swear at least 7 or 8 car fulls of people took long, hard looks at Baby-V as they passed by her. Not just a little glance, but a 'damn that's a nice car' look. Kinda made me feel artificially and materialistically good.

Clean Black Car Syndrome(CBCS). Enjoy it why you can as it is part of your 15 minutes of fame but more like 5 min. Unless you own one of the other colored V's. :)

Norm

Seattle CTS-V
05-23-07, 01:48 PM
This is the wax I used:

http://www.autogeek.net/p2concarwax.html

The best part about this wax is that it doesn't leave a white film...which is really bad on a black car!

Here a pic of the car a couple weeks ago right after I clayed, used intermediate grit swirl remover, fine grit swirl remover, one coat of Pinnacle sealer and one coat of the P21S wax. Haven't taken a pic of yesterday's coat but I think it looks deeper.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/CTS-V/sm015.jpg

RunningOnEMT
05-23-07, 01:50 PM
my car needs detailed SO badly

theloanman219
05-23-07, 02:01 PM
:postpics:

1QUICKV
05-23-07, 02:16 PM
Dam, but i still like my sliver =) those you got chromed? how much?

ctsvflorida
05-23-07, 03:33 PM
Seattle.......

When I am in South Beach I get the same looks amongst all the Ferrari's, so many Bentley's that you'd think they were $30k, benz', BMW's etc. etc. We definitely have 'the' unique rides! :bouncy:

BTW: Talk about the land of plastic t$ts...OMG! I think they check woman as they go over the Soth Beach bridge and if they're not C's or bigger...they send them back! LOL

Sounds to me like you moved to the right place! Maybe me and Whisler should think about moving there! LOL Are you 'in' Mike?

ctsvflorida
05-23-07, 03:44 PM
SEATTLE: First of all, chrome stockers look the best, so sorry to all you guys who spend all this money on wheels! If my car wasn't silver, I would have had them long ago!

You car appears lowered but not as low as some others I have seen. I never liked the fact that the front lowers more than the rear with that one kit (eibach maybe) so I never even contemplated it! Is yours different or is it the angle of the pic? I must say that we see many pics and they all look similar but your car looks absolutely awesome! I think it is the way it sits and the chromes look the best on black, as we all know already! Let me know on the suspension please.

Seattle CTS-V
05-23-07, 03:51 PM
It might be the pic. I'll try to take another angle. I have the car set pretty flat (ie no rake). It's just the GC kit w/ FG2's. The back is set as low as the kit will allow. The fronts will go alot lower but then I rub on absolutely every speed bump out there.

RightTurn
05-23-07, 05:04 PM
Seattle, that is one good-looking car. :drool:

Excellent. :thumbsup: