: Jimmie Johnson gets a V

calicadi
05-23-07, 12:55 AM
This will be an interesting race when it happens. In the mean time, "Pizza is good"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2z0JEdnbRY

4DRVETT
05-23-07, 02:27 AM
Good find!! Although Im not a huge fan of NASCAR in general, I have respect for Jimmie. Got a chance to meet him his rookie year...nice guy, plus, he can turn right! :thumbsup:

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma
Graphic Design, Decals, Banners, T-Shirts, etc.

CIWS
05-23-07, 06:58 AM
So if I'm reading the schedule right the race is tomorrow and it will be broadcast on the Speed channel Sat Jun 2nd ?

HushH
05-23-07, 08:07 AM
That is correct C.

Oh and those Dodge boys decided to let Kasey Kahne drive one of the Vipers. Hopefully Jimmie smacks him around the road course just like he does the oval.

Silver Dollar
05-23-07, 08:50 AM
To quote Jimmy Johnson, "...you can pretty much beat the snot out of this car [CTS-V] and it survives".

He's obviously refering to what Urby has done to his.

V-Love
05-23-07, 11:11 AM
I wonder if he can out drive Pilgrim. I can't wait to see it. Anyone know if they sell those cars when they are done with them. That air deflection device on the back of the car looks cool.

The Tony Show
05-23-07, 11:52 AM
Pilgrim's pratice laps at Lowe's last month were faster than Johnson's, but not by much. Jimmie had the 3rd fastest, behind Pilgrim and Gigliotti.

Should be fun!

Pegasus04
05-24-07, 07:10 PM
Johnson isn't going to race now because he's running in the Busch and Cup races. I didn't want to feel compelled to chear him on anyway. It's a shame that the race isn't televised live though.

calicadi
05-25-07, 10:10 PM
Johnson isn't going to race now because he's running in the Busch and Cup races. I didn't want to feel compelled to chear him on anyway. It's a shame that the race isn't televised live though.
I was wondering what happened to him. Turns out we didn't need him anyway. Andy and Lausen showed the way. And yes, Speed Channel programming are idiots! The race carries their name for cryin' out loud and I can recall only one live broadcast.

Aresuu
05-26-07, 01:38 PM
I read that Johnson did not run the Cadillac because Lawson's car had mechanical problem before qualifying and they needed the third car for him. JJ's publicity ride was not as important as the championship.

The Tony Show
05-26-07, 01:43 PM
Yep- and kudos to them for making that decision. I'm surprised the PR machine didn't win out over the more important Championship.

Aschenbach did a heck of a job jumping into a car with a different setup than he practiced in and still finishing second.

calicadi
06-01-07, 12:14 AM
So I was watching Wind Tunnel and they had a little story on why Jimmy didn't run. According to their (Speed's) "inside man", Cadillac went to the SCCA and told them if the competition restrictions placed on the car weren't removed Jimmy wouldn't drive. SCCA didn't back down. Neither did Cadillac. The ironic twist. Lawsen's original car breaks in practice and he drives the car intended for Jimmy to second place.

The race airs this Saturday on SPEED.

LV_V
06-01-07, 12:48 AM
Which race is it? I am looking at my cable guide and can't figure it out. Its not the Speed GT from Charlotte at 1PM PST is it??

thebigjimsho
06-01-07, 10:37 AM
The SCCA is a bunch of Nazi bitches! That's why I run with NASA...

V-Love
06-01-07, 10:53 AM
The SCCA is a bunch of Nazi bitches! That's why I run with NASA...

NASA is great. Just get a skull bucket and go beat on it.

calicadi
06-02-07, 12:08 AM
Which race is it? I am looking at my cable guide and can't figure it out. Its not the Speed GT from Charlotte at 1PM PST is it??
That be it!