Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2003 ESV Clunk Noise Anyone go thru this ?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Playdrv4me 
#1 ·
I have a question for all of you ESV owners or anyone with the 6.0 AWD Models. I took my truck in to get serviced and my front diff has been rebuilt already as well as everyhting was being flushed trans rear diff etc.

Well I told my service rep that when I shift from Park to Reverse or from any other gear back into reverse it makes a clunking sound and you can feel the truck bump hard into reverse. I dont know how to explain it but almost as if you had abroken motor mount when you shift into drive how you feel the motor jump.

They had my SUV for a week went to pick it up last firday and low and behold its still there granted this was after they cahrged me $130 to reprogram my computer which supposedly would eliminate this as well as $150 for a trans flush. So they asked me to bring it in again yesterday morning. Dropped the truck off today they call me they cant find anything thats wrong this is stamdard for an AWD vehicle for it to have some play and thats where the clunking and hard bump is coming from. they printed out this long Sheet fro GM saying that there is a certain slack measurement and this is normal.
I dont know about you guys but for the price and quality of this vehicle which I did buy used not new I am having a cow over here because who in there right mind wants to jump into their Caddy and feel a bump and a clunk when you go into reverse.

Somethings just not right. Has anyone went thru this or is currently experiencing it. Please give me some insights because obviously The Cadillac Dealer and 2 Mechanics cant figure it out.

See less See more
#3 ·
That would be the ones I didnt know if we could say the dealership name on here. The one in brandon I will never go to again. They told me I needed a whole new front diff!
I took it to the one on Fletcher or Fowler whatever St it is and they said it was only my right hub Bearing. This is the location I had all my work done and I really need to know if something is wrong or is this normal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.