: Car and Bike Show in Cartersville, GA on June 23rd

Alan F
05-22-07, 12:48 PM
Cartersville First Baptist Church is putting on a Car & Bike Show on June 23rd from 10am to 3pm. There will also be a bike ride starting at 8am for those interested. The bikes will return for lunch.

I'm helping organize the event on the car show side. We've got quite a few classics, old-school, hot-rods, and late models. I'd like more of everything, especially the late models. If you've got something you'd like to bring out...anything, please do on this date.

This is a fund raiser in honor of our recently deceased pastor. The funds will go to a scholarship fund in his name to fund education at The New Orleans Theological Seminary. The cost is $20/vehicle. That $20 will get you a very cool dash plaque and lunch.

I'd love to see some of you cadillac guys out there. I know there's some neat late models going to be there, so a couple of caddy's would be nice.

I saw a very nice silver CTS-V w/ a maggie, wing, red vette fuel rail covers, and Borla cat-back from Floyd County at Road ATL this past weekend. Anybody know who that is? A few of those would be awesome!

More information contact me at 678-986-0315 or go look at the website: www.cartersvillefirst.com and click on the car and bike show icon.
Thanks!

HushH
05-22-07, 12:59 PM
I'm planning on it. I'll know next week whether or not I'll be there for sure.

The car you described almost has to be Nate - Z06PWRD.

Z06-PWRD
05-22-07, 08:46 PM
That CTS-V at Road Atlanta was me. I am from Rome, Ga so I will be there. HushH I missed you at the track last weekend, we got up to 140mph on the back half of the track it was kick ass. Also NO SLACK had his ECU shut down after running the 0-60-0 never heard if he got it fixed. BTW my 0-60mph time was 4.45 seconds with a cloud of smoke in first, if I could have hooked it would have been in the mid to high 3 second range. Lets get togeather in Cartersville.

Alan F
05-22-07, 08:52 PM
That CTS-V at Road Atlanta was me. I am from Rome, Ga so I will be there. HushH I missed you at the track last weekend, we got up to 140mph on the back half of the track it was kick ass. Also NO SLACK had his ECU shut down after running the 0-60-0 never heard if he got it fixed. BTW my 0-60 time was 4.45 seconds with a cloud of smoke in first, if I could have hooked it would have been in the mid to high 3 second range. Lets get togeather in Cartersville.

...and I even remembered the tag and should have tossed that out there first.

Yes...extremely nice car. If I hadn't had my 3 year old wanting to go I'd have figured out who you were and introduced myself. Thanks for the reply, and I look forward to meeting you guys in Cartersville. I'll have my yellow formula there early, then may drive the V back. I'll more than likely be registering folks in that day so I'll get to speak to everybody as they come in.

HushH
05-22-07, 10:01 PM
That CTS-V at Road Atlanta was me. I am from Rome, Ga so I will be there. HushH I missed you at the track last weekend, we got up to 140mph on the back half of the track it was kick ass. Also NO SLACK had his ECU shut down after running the 0-60-0 never heard if he got it fixed. BTW my 0-60mph time was 4.45 seconds with a cloud of smoke in first, if I could have hooked it would have been in the mid to high 3 second range. Lets get togeather in Cartersville.

I had something come up last minute and I couldn't make it. Really wanted to be there though. I'm planning on being there at Cartersville. See you guys there.

Gcoan, NoSlack, 12Race and all you other ATL area guys should come out to the car show so we have a good V showing.

12race
05-22-07, 11:09 PM
I had something come up last minute and I couldn't make it. Really wanted to be there though. I'm planning on being there at Cartersville. See you guys there.

Gcoan, NoSlack, 12Race and all you other ATL area guys should come out to the car show so we have a good V showing.

Calendar is marked, and no conflicts at this time. May not get there until noonish, getting back to ATL late on the 22nd.

BTW - saw your "goodies" at Vengeance last Friday. Told them if you don't get there pretty soon they can put the gods under my hood.:stirpot:

Talking to Ron about my next step. Actually it may be in there while I am out of town that week of the 18th. Let me know when you are doing the deed.

Alan F
05-23-07, 08:55 AM
Calendar is marked, and no conflicts at this time. May not get there until noonish, getting back to ATL late on the 22nd.

BTW - saw your "goodies" at Vengeance last Friday. Told them if you don't get there pretty soon they can put the gods under my hood.:stirpot:

Talking to Ron about my next step. Actually it may be in there while I am out of town that week of the 18th. Let me know when you are doing the deed.

cool!!!

HushH
05-23-07, 09:07 AM

Man, I can't get there soon enough. Should be going in later next week. I was going to push for this week but I know they've got G11 coming up this weekend.

dqw1
05-23-07, 09:18 AM
I think I'll try to make this also, gotta hang out with GA. V's.

12race
05-23-07, 09:30 AM

You should be able to make Cartersville in about 2 or 2.5 hours. Look forward to seeing you.

:cheers:

Alan F
05-23-07, 10:37 AM

It will be worth it...and I'll thank you personally!

Z06-PWRD
05-23-07, 06:22 PM
HushH what mods are you getting Ron to install. Lets pull that LS6 and drop a 427 LS7 on about 100 shot of NOS!!!!!!!!!! You would blow by me like I was driving to church!!

dqw1
05-23-07, 07:11 PM
You should be able to make Cartersville in about 2 or 2.5 hours. Look forward to seeing you.

:cheers:
I know where Cartersville is, I passed by it twice on my two trips to Vengeance Racing. My son wants to go to Pine Mountain so that weekend looks like a perfect time visit the Peach State. Get to see/hear HushH's new mod's also.
I think I'll hit the Ft.Panye-Rome route, too many State Patrol on I-75, what's up with that?

HushH
05-23-07, 07:36 PM
HushH what mods are you getting Ron to install. Lets pull that LS6 and drop a 427 LS7 on about 100 shot of NOS!!!!!!!!!! You would blow by me like I was driving to church!!

Nothing that wild...yet. Just headers, cam, and a few supporting pieces. I may stroke the LS2 or go 427 at some point down the road. I think this will be enough for now.

Alan F
05-24-07, 08:04 AM
Nothing that wild...yet. Just headers, cam, and a few supporting pieces. I may stroke the LS2 or go 427 at some point down the road. I think this will be enough for now.

you guys are killin' me...I told the wife before buying the V that since all those mods had been done to my formula that I could just drive the V w/o worrying about mods...oh well, I've owned it 2 weeks and have bought wheels, CAI, CAGS, and working on exhaust -dang these cars.

Looking forward to seeing you all on June 23rd.

Gearheaad43
06-04-07, 10:00 AM
Hey guys,

I might bring the 2000 Grand Prix Pace car out there. And while I'm at it I'll have the wife bring the '97 STS.... It's at the body shop right now getting some touch up's done....

It's probably no competition for the CTS -V's and the STS-V's but ohhh well...:bigroll: :bigroll: Maybe Alan F can have an area to park all the Cadillacs together?

Gearheaad43
06-04-07, 10:06 AM
Alan F...

If we get enough Caddy people out to this show ....Might be a good time to have a meeting to set up a GA Chapter CADDY Club?

HushH
06-04-07, 01:26 PM
You should definitely bring them out there Gearheaad. And that would be great if we had a spot for all the Caddys.

BTW Alan, I registered online but didn't see a place to enter vehicle/participant info, etc. Do you still want the registration form faxed if we've paid online?

Gearheaad43
06-04-07, 01:37 PM
PM'd another GA member about this ""TagApl4"

TagApl4
06-04-07, 03:05 PM
PM'd another GA member about this ""TagApl4"

Here ye, hear me, I have arrived. Show sounds cool, I'll try to be out there, if someone mentioned gettings some beers I'll be more prone to make it:drink2: . Maybe I will be different and bring my roomates Camry :lol:

HushH
06-04-07, 03:10 PM
Considering this is at their church, I doubt there will be beer on the grounds. :bouncy: But we could probably all go grab a drink afterwards.

dqw1
06-04-07, 04:03 PM
you mean we can't drink at the church?:alchi:
Just kidding. I have one potential obstacle that might get in my way but I'm trying plan around it.

12race
06-05-07, 09:50 PM
Plan is still good for attending. The V will be fresh out of Vengeance; Cam, Head work, Kooks, Ling CAI, UUC, tune and dyno.

Will be there ASAP, but likely remains noon as originally forecasted.

BTW - who is going to be the designated photographer? You know as soon as anything about this is posted we will get .......

:postpics:

Gearheaad43
06-06-07, 06:52 PM
Well, I've got a Fuji FinePix S3000 3.2 MP Dig Camera.....

Alan F
06-11-07, 08:43 PM
OK...sorry...been at Myrtle Beach for the last 8 days...tough life!!

I will certainly set aside a section for the Caddy's. Just from memory I'm counting 5? My wife will be working registration and I'll leave good instructions!

If you can pre-register that is awesome. If not, that's OK. There should be a form on there for vehicle description -3 forms total (1 sponsorship, 1 flier, 1 registration form w/ vehicle info). www.cartersvillefirst.com

Thanks guys...I haven't been on this site for long at all and I appreciate your willingness to make this event.

Bring anything you want. As long as you're willing to pay the $20 you can bring your antique snapper lawn mower for all we care!!

Oh...about the beer...we welcome everybody at our church. I just can't guarantee Clyde the groundskeeper will be pleased! There's a Mexican Restaurant next door and you can knock yourself out afterward, find a place to lay the head, and come on back to church w/ us Sunday morning -I might even give you a ride on the golf cart!

Any other questions call my cell @ 678-986-0315

Alan F
06-11-07, 08:45 PM
Plan is still good for attending. The V will be fresh out of Vengeance; Cam, Head work, Kooks, Ling CAI, UUC, tune and dyno.

Will be there ASAP, but likely remains noon as originally forecasted.

BTW - who is going to be the designated photographer? You know as soon as anything about this is posted we will get .......

:postpics:

I will def. have the camera!

nhassis
06-11-07, 09:52 PM
I suppose I could make the looong trip all the way from Acworth . Count me in for parking in the CTS-V corral. I will bring the D-100 for photo documentation. Oh, and count me in for the post event beverage…..

n

Alan F
06-12-07, 08:24 AM
I suppose I could make the looong trip all the way from Acworth . Count me in for parking in the CTS-V corral. I will bring the D-100 for photo documentation. Oh, and count me in for the post event beverage…..

n

cool, thanks!

chris2002wb
06-12-07, 09:21 AM
If things work out we might make the trip from Knoxville down,, might be a nice day for a drive in the V and see some fellow caddy's hangin out,, wont know til closer to time but you might see an additional 07 V pullin in,,,

Chris

Alan F
06-12-07, 10:57 AM
If things work out we might make the trip from Knoxville down,, might be a nice day for a drive in the V and see some fellow caddy's hangin out,, wont know til closer to time but you might see an additional 07 V pullin in,,,

Chris

awesome...I'll def. set aside an area for the caddys.

Gearheaad43
06-12-07, 05:22 PM
V-Corral????? And where in the hell is the STS gonna fit in ??? :confused: :rant2: :crybaby: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan:

Alan F
06-12-07, 10:05 PM
V-Corral????? And where in the hell is the STS gonna fit in ??? :confused: :rant2: :crybaby: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan:

we'll find a place between the Vs and the 30's Caddy that will be there!

Gearheaad43
06-13-07, 06:55 PM
HA ha.. Cool... I knew you V-Guys still love STS '...

BTW While on the subject of car shows , If anyone is interested in meeting the GREAT Chip Foose, Be at Year One on June 16th 2007, for the Chip Foose Braselton Bash. For more information on this go to :

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=3751375

We have from ClubGP, 3 Grand Prix's slated to complete in the Chip Foose Award.

How many Caddy's can you guys bring down??:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :highfive:

Z06-PWRD
06-13-07, 09:00 PM
I will be at year one this Saturday hanging with the guys from year one. CFO of year one drives a CTS-V!!!! Look for the silver V on 19" CCW's and a maggie under the hood sippin on some Meth and Nitro-meth combo. Z06PWRD on the plate, Hope to see you guys there. HushH you comming?

HushH
06-13-07, 09:26 PM
Nah man, we'll be going down to my parents for Father's Day weekend. I'll be at the Cartersville show though.

Alan F
06-14-07, 06:28 AM
I would love to go but will be at the church most of the day doing final run-through on June 23rds car show and bike ride. I'll catch up w/ how it went when I see you guys the next Saturday.

Gearheaad43
06-14-07, 12:24 PM
Haa Ok,,, Yes I've always seen a couple of CTS-V's over at Year One during Braselton Bashes that are held monthly there.... And wondered who owned them..... I normally show the Galaxy Silver GP Daytona Pace Car with the Custom ASCD hood there.

Alan F
06-15-07, 03:27 PM
So far it looks like 9 guys from this site that are either confirmed or trying to be there...and if Gearhead brings his two cars we'll have 8 Vs, 1 STS (which is why I fell in love w/ caddy's back in the day), and 1 kick-butt GP.

If you know anyone else w/ something to show off, bring them or send them to the website for info. www.cartersvillefirst.com

We are preparing for 200 cars (we hope) and 200 bikes in the morning ride (again...lofty goal but we're hoping). Here's what the show is looking like:

*undetermined amount of classic originals
*undetermined amount of hot-rods
*same w/ classic trucks
*lots of motorcycles will be there after the bike ride, some in the show from the beginning
*Group from LS1tech.com w/ late model firebirds/camaros trucks -there's lots o' boost in that crowd -should be interesting
*small group from streetcarforums.com
*small group from Musclecar-evolution.com
*small group of hi-po dodge guys from various forums

Should be fun!!

Mention which site you represent when signing in and if I'm not at the table tell them Alan referred you.
Thanks!

Gearheaad43
06-15-07, 05:27 PM
Kick-Butt GP?... Ha ha I like that... It might not kick a CTS -V 's butt but it'll hang with them for a bit... :-)... I'll do my best to have both cars at the show. Looking forward to meet some of you there.

dqw1
06-15-07, 05:31 PM
I don't know how big Cartersville is, but do they have a car wash. I'd hate to show up with bama-Ga. bug kill on my front end.

Alan F
06-16-07, 01:14 PM
I don't know how big Cartersville is, but do they have a car wash. I'd hate to show up with bama-Ga. bug kill on my front end.

You are in luck...there's a car wash 1/8 mile down the street w/ all the goodies. Heck...my house is two miles away if it comes to that!

see you next Saturday.

We met this morning and laid out the parking lot. We'll be able to easily group the caddys!
Alan

dqw1
06-16-07, 01:56 PM
You'll have more than enough to do Saturday morning. I'll stop by the wash when I get in town.

Alan F
06-19-07, 08:33 AM
now looks like 10 CTS-Vs!

Alan F
06-21-07, 09:03 PM
now the number is 11 CTS-Vs...this is going to be fun!

dqw1
06-22-07, 08:17 AM
I'm still in for Saturday. Looking forward to driving down from Bama and meeting you guys/gals. I might be arriving closer to 11-1130.

HushH
06-22-07, 08:31 AM
now the number is 11 CTS-Vs...this is going to be fun!

wow, i didn't know we had that many from this area on the forums. looking forward to seeing everyone.

TagApl4
06-22-07, 01:27 PM
it is time for the south to have a meet!!!

gcoan
06-22-07, 05:21 PM
should be there also, you can pay at the door right?

capt. dan
06-23-07, 01:43 AM
Was hoping to make it over but my sons 10th b-day is the 23rd. Maybe next time. Everybody enjoy...

Dan

chris2002wb
06-23-07, 06:45 AM
well Alan hope the show was a great success and lots of fellow V's were there, we had a death in the family and had to head in the other direction out of town, actually still here,,,but anyways hope all went well and there will be lots of pics from the show,,,

Alan F
06-24-07, 04:08 PM
well Alan hope the show was a great success and lots of fellow V's were there, we had a death in the family and had to head in the other direction out of town, actually still here,,,but anyways hope all went well and there will be lots of pics from the show,,,

I'm sorry to hear that and sorry for your loss -family first!

We did have a great turnout I think. Largest % of attenders were by far the CTS-V group. I think we ended up w/ 8...then 1 showed up after we had ended so that was 9 I think -8 or 9 overall anyway.

I do want to thank you all again for coming out, it was a great time. I wish I could have hung out and gotten to know you all better and learn more about the Vs but I ended up working almost the entire time, but did enjoy the time together. I learned a lot about car shows and will certainly do better next year!
Here's some pics in a new thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/110450-pics-yesterdays-cts-v-group-car.html#post1123929