: Opinions on "Pillar Posts"

nmc219
05-17-07, 08:42 PM
Ive seen a few trucks and out and about with chrome pillar posts between the back doors and the front doors. Anyone got any pics of theirs or opinions on them? They seem fairly easy to install and buy but do they add too much chrome or take away from the appearance/?

Discuss.

Playdrv4me
05-17-07, 10:18 PM
I cant stand them on a truck. I cant even stand them on a CAR... but at LEAST on a car they actually look like they fit where they go... on an escalade they would just look completely out of place, especially since the pillar post on an escalade is a continous part of the door.

hcvone
05-18-07, 06:51 AM
Not really a fan of them. What year is your truck?

RightTurn
05-18-07, 12:05 PM
:vomit: Too much ricer bling.

nmc219
05-18-07, 05:14 PM
ya i have a 2005 ext, its white diamond and i would definetly not put them on that. i am thinking about upgrading to the 2007 or 08 ext soon and was considering putting them on. the only way i think it would work if you tinted the front windows and got it in black. imo

Dif
05-18-07, 07:14 PM
ya i have a 2005 ext, its white diamond and i would definetly not put them on that. i am thinking about upgrading to the 2007 or 08 ext soon and was considering putting them on. the only way i think it would work if you tinted the front windows and got it in black. imo
I saw them on a Black 07 EXT and they didn't look too bad but kept looking at them and asking myself if they looked good or not. :confused:
My opinion is if you have to ask yourself then forget 'em.

CadillacGrillz
05-18-07, 09:18 PM
the only car i like them to be on is the 300c thats the only one

rblimas
05-19-07, 12:26 AM
the only car i like them to be on is the 300c thats the only one

i seen them on a BMW and they looked like it came from the factory like that:D

nmc219
05-20-07, 09:50 AM
I saw them on a Black 07 EXT and they didn't look too bad but kept looking at them and asking myself if they looked good or not. :confused:
My opinion is if you have to ask yourself then forget 'em.

good point, i guess i will not put them on. i personally think they look alright. what do you think of the chrome gas cap?

RichieRich
05-20-07, 11:14 AM
I don't like em... But to each is own....

urbanski
05-20-07, 02:21 PM
Discuss.

silly

Dif
05-20-07, 03:08 PM
good point, i guess i will not put them on. i personally think they look alright. what do you think of the chrome gas cap?
If you really like them it's all that matters.
Most everything is personal opinion or prefference and no matter what someone does to their vehicle, there will always be people that like it or not.
It's up to each owner to be happy with what their vehicle looks like especially when modding it.
Not to be confusing, I do like chrome gas covers but I wouldn't put one on my own unless I was Blinging out the rest of it.
It's personal prefference and I like them stock, especially with the 07 models.
Some people change the Grill before they even drive 'em because they want something different, but I haven't seen anything I like better than the Stock Grill myself. Again it's personal prefference.
Good Luck what ever you decide.:)

Cadillacboy
05-20-07, 05:55 PM
I love chromes but like many other items , excessively usage of it makes the appearance bad to worse lol .
Pillar posts,bumpers,mirrors,grilles,tail trims are always welcome .May be you will say what's left ? lol
Well, I don't like chrome gas doors

medlines
05-20-07, 09:28 PM
I saw yesterday a black Denali with the chrom pillars and NAAAA, not fond of such an add on, looks out of place.

Playdrv4me
05-21-07, 12:11 AM
I love chromes but like many other items , excessively usage of it makes the appearance bad to worse lol .
Pillar posts,bumpers,mirrors,grilles,tail trims are always welcome .May be you will say what's left ? lol
Well, I don't like chrome gas doors

And im the complete opposite... Of all those chintzy add-ons, the one that I think CAN look good when done RIGHT, is a nice billet fuel door. H2 for example almost screams out for one when equipped with chrome wheels.

On the grilles... only two that get my attention... I think it looks GREAT on some of the caddies when the grille is repainted to match the body color... a cheap mod that takes only your patience and time to do... OR a Strut grille. They are extremely overpriced pieces of metal though. I for sure can not stand the ones with the horizontal wires going across everyone likes to do... I think it really cheapens the look.

Again, its all personal preference.