: When will the 2008 arrive??

EXPSD
05-17-07, 10:58 AM
Anyone have any idea when the 2008 will arrive? I do not see what I need in anyones inventory for 100 miles from Webster, NY. I will just have to order.
white dimond
all wheel drive
utility package
rix sport package

Did give a little thought to a Lincoln MKX, but I kept comong back to the SRX.

TSS
05-17-07, 11:59 AM
you forgot to check off the V8 box.....

Playdrv4me
05-17-07, 12:46 PM
Whats different between 07 and 08?

73Thumper
05-17-07, 03:43 PM
Not much from what I hear,
2 new exterior colors, 1 color delete
recirculation air filter removed
heated steering wheel option
adaptive remote start option
possibly a added "ornament" on each front fender similar to Escalade
No drive train changes (V6 gets 5 speed still)

FYI, new to the 07's was the Sunset Blue, that is what I have, I wasn't
sure if I liked it or not, now that I have had it a few weeks - I must say I love it, color shifts slightly from gray to blue (blue in bright sunlight) - also
it doesn't show dirt as easy, (not that I like a dirty car) I about killed myself with my last black car trying to keep it clean.

miketrapper
05-18-07, 12:42 PM
I also have an 07 sunset blue with ebony nav 18" sport package utilitypkg and premium lux. i was considering the mkx, but for a smaller vehicle with no 3rd row, no nav and a awd with fwd bias i couldnt see leasing it for 15 more a month. i had a 04 aviator ultimate and that is what my wife and i wish was still made, but after driving the srx i fell in love with it..mind u i am 28 my wife is 22 and we have 2 kids, so the mkx would have been worthless....my only complaint on mine, with the nav i didnt get a 6 disc changer, but my parents have an identical 06 and they did, funny isnt it....mike

syrob@MSN.COM
05-19-07, 08:14 AM
Whats different between 07 and 08?
I thought it was to get the new direct injection V6? If not then it will have a hard sell as the gas mileage is terrible.

I personaly think the new TAURUS X will give it a run for the money, new direct injection engine etc.

caddycruiser
05-19-07, 11:39 AM
I thought it was to get the new direct injection V6? If not then it will have a hard sell as the gas mileage is terrible.

I personaly think the new TAURUS X will give it a run for the money, new direct injection engine etc.

No, it's not getting the DI 3.6L, that's for the CTS and STS for '08, then will expand in use in '09 and later. Mostly just some color and minor options changes, for the '08 SRX.

2008 SRX production starts VERY soon, on May 29th, so the first few should start hitting dealers in mid June.

73Thumper
05-19-07, 12:49 PM
"miketrapper", How do you like the sunset blue? Since you have 18" - did you opt for the Magnetic Ride Control? My understanding on the 6 disk vs single disk - if it needs to play DVD's then it is just a single disk. Not a problem for me as I use to always use CD's, but with XM and Sirius, not a issue as I like the Sat. radio. (it does play downloaded MP3's as well) My only complaint - 20" wheels look excellent, but you need to keep the air pressures down to the lower recommended limits or ride quality is like a stiff Vette, handles great, but every road seam is felt. For others (2008s)I see they are still not offering the 20" package with MRC, to bad as I think it needs it...