: HP Tuners now offering V6 & V8 Tuning Systems

Bill@hptuners
05-16-07, 10:16 AM
We are proud to announce our supporting vendor status here at Cadillacforums.com

The current Cadillac models we support are

* 04-07 Cadillac CTS-V 5.7/6.0
* 05-07 Cadillac CTS 2.8/3.6
* 02-07 Cadillac Escalade 5.3/6.0/6.2
* 06-07 Cadillac STS 3.6/4.4/4.6
* 06-07 Cadillac XLR 4.4/4.6
* 06-07 Cadillac DTS 4.6
* 04-07 Cadillac SRX 3.6

our full list of vehicles supported can be found here http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

More information about our product & company can be found HERE (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/hp-tuners/107272-introducing-hp-tuners.html#post1084990) or check out our website & our open forums at www.hptuners.com

Please feel free to browse around and freely ask questions about the products that we offer either here or on our forum.

:cheers:

RunningOnEMT
05-16-07, 10:49 AM
used your stuff for YEARS... i'll seriously be looking at this when i get my mods installed

fubar569
05-16-07, 12:20 PM
thats all fine and dandy...but the vst majority of us in this forum need the OBDII N* (96-200*) to be supported...otherwise not alot you can do for us...

eldorado1
05-16-07, 12:41 PM
I think all those applications use the same computer.

Bill@hptuners
05-16-07, 12:57 PM
There are alot of factors that go into the development process that makes it difficult to support every pcm of every year vehicle available. Jay covered most points of it HERE (http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=75724&postcount=42)

We'll do our best to add support to as many pcm's as we can as it really is only a matter of time & manpower. We've already got some more stuff in the works ;)

N0DIH
05-16-07, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the headsup Bill!

Cadillacboy
05-16-07, 01:54 PM
Excellent news thanks :)

57TBird
05-16-07, 05:19 PM
How about the 04-07 4.6L SRX? Definitely interested.

Benjamin Simon
05-16-07, 06:54 PM
* 06-07 Cadillac STS 3.6/4.4/4.6

What about the 05 STS 4.6????

Bill@hptuners
05-16-07, 07:03 PM
Not supported at this time as it uses a different computer than its 06+ brother.

CadillacSTS42005
05-16-07, 10:05 PM
why post this in a N* section if your not offering anything for the main FWD N* systems
its really not that different the pcms went from 96-99, and 00-03.... imho thats alot of years that can be covered with a pcm tuned developed...

Benjamin Simon
05-16-07, 10:11 PM
Not supported at this time as it uses a different computer than its 06+ brother.

DAMIT!!!!!!! I am just going to trade up to a 7 series.

AlBundy
05-17-07, 10:53 AM
why post this in a N* section if your not offering anything for the main FWD N* systems
its really not that different the pcms went from 96-99, and 00-03.... imho thats alot of years that can be covered with a pcm tuned developed...

I thought the same thing. Why post it here?:confused: We already got enough grief from these "there isn't enough of a market for you guys" dudes.:rant2:

AJxtcman
05-17-07, 11:12 AM
What about the 05 STS 4.6????

What do you want done!
Don't leave the brand. That is the bottom line. Can you figure out why I am here and why I can do what I claim? GM support? Hmmmmm.
New brand image target :thumbsup:
Bob puzt is doing his job. He talks better than Bill Clinton.

eldorado1
05-17-07, 05:31 PM
I thought the same thing. Why post it here?:confused:
* 06-07 Cadillac STS4.4/4.6
* 06-07 Cadillac XLR 4.4/4.6
* 06-07 Cadillac DTS 4.6

Those are northstars.

Bill@hptuners
05-20-07, 08:12 PM
We'll try to get as many pcm's supported as possible, but it takes time for each pcm. GM usually only keeps the same pcm around for a year or two in most cases so its a neverending process to get new support.

N0DIH
05-20-07, 09:44 PM
With attitude like this guys is no wonder HPT even bothers with even a single Cadillac powered car solution. I doubt I would be so forgiving.

Give em a break, be thankful they are even THINKING of working on any N* powered cars at all. It takes countless hours to reverse engineer the OS and the tables, figuring out the flash protocols, making all the timings dead on, passing all the software validation and testing all use cases to ensure a quality and reliable product, then beta test on vehicles and then eventually make a release. Not to mention buying fresh off the production line PCM's that are going to be quite pricey and several of them, so there is a significant cash outlay too. Think how many PCM's they destroy and have to repair (if they can) so they can try and try again.

Cadillac's don't grow on trees, not everyone has one, and even far fewer of them are willing shell out $$ to tune them (most think the 275 to 325 hp they have is more than enough), compare that to a Ford, Dodge or Chevy.

We just hope that Bill, Keith, Chris, Jay and the other guys at HPT are willing to overlook the few who bash them for not putting them to the front of the line and actually support the products that actually pay the bills and overhead just to something and stay in business. I know everything thinks it is such a lucrative business to do, and it might do ok, but LS1's, LS2's and Duramax trucks pay a majority of the bills, not Cadillacs, and Cadillac's are likely to be a massive part of the business.

So, please can the negative comments, if you can't be positive and supportive to these guys, then go away and write your own code and sell it for what you think you can get for it.

Bill, Keith, Chris, Jay and the other guys at HPT, please accept sincerest apologies from the sane people at Cadillac Forums who do respect highly what you are doing and trying to do for the Cadillac community.

Bill@hptuners
05-21-07, 11:22 AM
If we do not currently offer support for your vehicle & it is OBD2 equipped & you would be interested in purchasing if we DID support it, Please email me at bill at hptuners dot com with the following information:

Year
Make
Model
Vin #
Name
Email Address
Serial number(if your a current customer)
Forums that your actively a part of

please email this to me rather than posting it here so I can better track this information and we'll put it on our to-do list.

Bill

CadillacSTS42005
05-22-07, 12:18 AM
we already tried this and received the run around from them

Bill@hptuners
05-22-07, 08:57 AM

I DID and I AM doing everything in my power to help you guys so please keep the negativity to yourself as it will not help the situation. We've thoroughly explained the situation as to why they are all not currently supported & how long it will take once we're ready to support them. Providing me with the information I requested may help move the progress, but arguing will definitely not.

N0DIH
05-22-07, 09:55 AM
Honestly CadillacSTS2003, you are doing some serious damage to the relationship between HPTuners and the Cadillac community. Just let them work on it and when it is done, it will be done.

Lets can any and all negative comments, lets try to help them in anyway we can to help us with a worldclass tuning solution for our Cadillacs, something right now very few Cadillacs have.

They are trying hard to do us a great service, but comments like this are damaging that relationship more and more.

I know you think you are getting run around, I can assure you that is not the case. It isn't as simple and easy as you seem to think. It is business plan to do, it costs time and $$ to do.

So, please, let them help us in anyway they can, but us bashing them isn't going to help at all, it might cause irreparable damage between the Cadillac community and the Tuning community. I can assure you, other tuning companies likely watch this too and they might just choose not to support it at all if the community is so bad.

N0DIH
05-22-07, 10:02 AM
Maybe the best way to go is for everyone who is seriously considering tuning their car, please email Bill directly at HPT with your info:

Year
Make
Model
Vin #
Name
Email Address
Forum(s) you are on and screename(s)

If they see legit interest, that helps prioritize the process. If they see 1000 people asking for something, they will look harder at it than if 10 people are asking.

Please, don't bother them if you have no intention of buying the tool to do the tuning. Just be serious, polite and honest and that will do much to help.

urbanski
05-22-07, 10:19 AM
If we do not currently offer support for your vehicle & it is OBD2 equipped & you would be interested in purchasing if we DID support it, Please email me at bill at hptuners dot com with the following information:

Year
Make
Model
Vin #
Name
Email Address
Serial number(if your a current customer)
Forums that your actively a part of

please email this to me rather than posting it here so I can better track this information and we'll put it on our to-do list.

Bill
Thanks for your patience Bill.

I suggest everybody take Bill's advice and email him if you want your car done. Otherwise, stop complaining in his thread.

CadillacSTS42005
05-22-07, 06:35 PM
you want all that info
search in my westers thread
not to mention i have a collection of them...

msta293412
05-22-07, 07:34 PM
I sent mine.....why not try every avenue.

CadillacSTS42005
05-23-07, 10:34 PM
because i have...

AJxtcman
05-24-07, 06:30 AM
If you think it would help I could send over 1000 VIN's, but that is the time and research I did!:want:

N0DIH
05-24-07, 09:02 AM
They are looking for people who have vehicles they are seriously considering purchasing the program to tune their vehicles with.

Bill chime in if you need a list of cars/VIN's so you can look at the different OS's.

Bill@hptuners
05-24-07, 12:22 PM
Just gauging interest at this point and gathering info for the other years, Vin's are actually surprisingly easy to get if needed.

N0DIH
05-24-07, 02:28 PM
Seeing what sort of mods people are doing and would do if they could tune it might open up a huge market, as some crazy people are putting these in Fiero's and MR2's and other cars, having a custom tuning solution would do wonders for the tuning community.

AJxtcman
05-24-07, 08:16 PM
Seeing what sort of mods people are doing and would do if they could tune it might open up a huge market, as some crazy people are putting these in Fiero's and MR2's and other cars, having a custom tuning solution would do wonders for the tuning community.

I would say min 200 and a max of 500 Northstar Fiero are currently on the road.
The a more common swap is a 3.8L SC.
I am not on the Fiero band wagon, but I would like to do a SKY with a 4.4L Northstar.
Many people are installing LS2's in Solstices. Yes a 6.0L RWD 2 seater convertible.:eek:
The only reason I did my is for CASH return and yes I can tune.

dwight.j.carter
05-24-07, 08:30 PM
If you have FWD Northstar PM Bill let's make sure he knows there is an interest in getting a tuner for our cars.

Bill@hptuners
05-24-07, 09:28 PM
If you have FWD Northstar PM Bill let's make sure he knows there is an interest in getting a tuner for our cars.

please don't PM me make sure you email me at bill at hptuners dot com or support at hptuners dot com since I handle all of those emails.

:thumbsup: