: Mobil/Cadillac Announces that 2008 Escalades will be factory filled with Mobil 1...

GM-4-LIFE
05-16-07, 12:43 AM
Here is the link and the info:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/exxonmobil/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20070207006229&ndmHsc=v2*A1104584400000*B1170977883000*C410249159 9000*DgroupByDate*J2*N1001106&newsLang=en&beanID=2030803304&viewID=news_view

Escalade Mobil 1® Selected by Cadillac as Factory Fill Motor Oil for All 2008 Cadillac and DTS Models
For The First Time, Beginning In 2008 Model Year, Mobil 1 Will Be Standard Equipment In Entire Cadillac Lineup

FAIRFAX, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ExxonMobil today announced that Mobil 1, the world's leading synthetic motor oil, has been selected by Cadillac as the factory fill motor oil for its 2008 Cadillac Escalade and DTS models, making Mobil 1 standard equipment in every new 2008 Cadillac vehicle that rolls off of the production line.

"Cadillac is known for producing high-caliber, high-performance luxury vehicles, and we are pleased that it has now chosen Mobil 1 as the factory fill motor oil in all of its models,” said Juan Carlos Marroquin, Marketing Manager Americas, ExxonMobil Lubricants & Specialties.

“We are determined to provide our customers with the best possible ownership experience,” added Jim Taylor, General Manager, Cadillac. “Protection against engine wear is a key satisfier for our customers, so we expect the collaboration with Mobil 1 to add a lot of value for them.”

Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil features a proprietary SuperSyn anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond conventional motor oils. It provides exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even the most extreme conditions.

Mobil 1 is available at Cadillac and other General Motors dealers.

hcvone
05-16-07, 06:59 AM
That is good news for sure, while Mobil 1 is not my oil of choice, it's a hech of a lot better than the standard oil they have been using. The funny thing is when my second 07' Escalade blew the engine and I met with the GM people, I tried to explain to them that using synthetic oil in the engine and drive train would save car companies millions of dollars over time, and they both agreed, even more important with their longer warranty, I guess they already knew it was coming. :)

GM-4-LIFE
05-16-07, 12:51 PM
That is good news for sure, while Mobil 1 is not my oil of choice, it's a hech of a lot better than the standard oil they have been using. The funny thing is when my second 07' Escalade blew the engine and I met with the GM people, I tried to explain to them that using synthetic oil in the engine and drive train would save car companies millions of dollars over time, and they both agreed, even more important with their longer warranty, I guess they already knew it was coming. :)

Carl, why two Escalades? How did the second one's engine blow up? No more Vettes?

I think GM had it planned early on to switch the Escalades to Mobil 1 because of their new powertrain warranty, but they had to wait to switch the factory over during the re-tooling period. That could be the only reason why they waited a whole year and a half as they have been building the 2007 Escalades since February of 2006. What a long model year!

SG

Playdrv4me
05-16-07, 01:11 PM

Now Carl, I like ya alot... but please tell me youre not incinuating your Escalade's engine failure had anything to do with the oil that was in it... ;)

BTW... did the CTS, SRX and STS already have Mobil1 as the factory oil? The way that article is written is a bit confusing. It says "all 2008 Cadillac models" but goes on to mention the DTS and Escalade only.

hcvone
05-16-07, 01:54 PM
Carl, why two Escalades? How did the second one's engine blow up? No more Vettes?

I think GM had it planned early on to switch the Escalades to Mobil 1 because of their new powertrain warranty, but they had to wait to switch the factory over during the re-tooling period. That could be the only reason why they waited a whole year and a half as they have been building the 2007 Escalades since February of 2006. What a long model year!

SG

I have one at our home in Montana and one in PA, we are selling the Montana home, that was the plan since I purchased (stole) the home, I will probably take that one and leave it at our Pocono house. I do not have a Vette right now, although there should be an orange 08' Z06 in the garage in Sept. The second one with 894 miles and 31 days old exploded in my garage starting it one Sunday morning on our way to breakfest. Broke a intake valve, smashed the piston, broke the rod and bent the crank. They ordered me a new one and let me drive the repaired one until the new one came in just 3 weeks after placing the order. :)

hcvone
05-16-07, 01:59 PM
Now Carl, I like ya alot... but please tell me youre not incinuating your Escalade's engine failure had anything to do with the oil that was in it... ;)

BTW... did the CTS, SRX and STS already have Mobil1 as the factory oil? The way that article is written is a bit confusing. It says "all 2008 Cadillac models" but goes on to mention the DTS and Escalade only.

The oil had NOTHING to do with the engine blowing up, I was told there were 116 bad valves that were installed in engines, I had at least one of them. I know of another 07' Escalade in Washington State that blew up like mine, but that one blew up taking it off the car carrier. I think the CTS-V, STS-V and the XLR-V all come with synthetic. My SRX did not come with synthetic in 2006, not sure about newer ones.

Falkolade
05-16-07, 03:32 PM
part of the reason has to be, so they can milk you for oil changes at the dealer... but my v came loaded with mobil one!

GM-4-LIFE
05-16-07, 03:51 PM
I have one at our home in Montana and one in PA, we are selling the Montana home, that was the plan since I purchased (stole) the home, I will probably take that one and leave it at our Pocono house. I do not have a Vette right now, although there should be an orange 08' Z06 in the garage in Sept. The second one with 894 miles and 31 days old exploded in my garage starting it one Sunday morning on our way to breakfest. Broke a intake valve, smashed the piston, broke the rod and bent the crank. They ordered me a new one and let me drive the repaired one until the new one came in just 3 weeks after placing the order. :)

Carl,

It either must be really nice to be you or you really know how to deal with GM. Maybe you can help me with my 2007 STS-V that appears to be a lemon that the dealer can't fix. The dealer even admitted there is a problem and they don't want to throw parts at it and GM technical assistance doesn't have any advice for them or a fix for my issue. This is unacceptable for a 2007 STS-V that is almost $80K and under 1400 miles old that I got in February of this year. I have already filed a case with Cadillac Customer Assitance Center, but they are probably going to jerk me around before they take this car back.

SG

hcvone
05-16-07, 04:49 PM
Carl,

It either must be really nice to be you or you really know how to deal with GM. Maybe you can help me with my 2007 STS-V that appears to be a lemon that the dealer can't fix. The dealer even admitted there is a problem and they don't want to throw parts at it and GM technical assistance doesn't have any advice for them or a fix for my issue. This is unacceptable for a 2007 STS-V that is almost $80K and under 1400 miles old that I got in February of this year. I have already filed a case with Cadillac Customer Assitance Center, but they are probably going to jerk me around before they take this car back.

SG

I am walking out the door for a meeting, I will respond to this when I get home or early in the morning. :)

TSS
05-16-07, 05:45 PM
My SRX did not come with synthetic in 2006, not sure about newer ones.

My 2006 SRX (V8) did come with MobilOne.

Dif
05-16-07, 10:08 PM
So now that Cadillacs will come with Mobil1 in them new from the Factory,..
why do service people at dealers tell us we need to break the engines in with stock oil before using a Synthetic.
They say the engine will not break in properly if synthetic is used too soon.
Is this a Myth or what :confused:
When new, I usually switch to Synthetic between 1,500- 3,000 miles but always wondered if there was any need to wait since many new vehicles now come with Synthetic fluids in them.
We have a 2005 Mini Cooper S that came from the Factory with All synthetic fluids, .. engine, trans, gearcase,.. etc..

GM-4-LIFE
05-16-07, 10:42 PM
I am walking out the door for a meeting, I will respond to this when I get home or early in the morning. :)

Carl,

Thanks! I will await your reply. Thanks again!

SG

hcvone
05-17-07, 07:33 AM
So now that Cadillacs will come with Mobil1 in them new from the Factory,..
why do service people at dealers tell us we need to break the engines in with stock oil before using a Synthetic.
They say the engine will not break in properly if synthetic is used too soon.
Is this a Myth or what :confused:
When new, I usually switch to Synthetic between 1,500- 3,000 miles but always wondered if there was any need to wait since many new vehicles now come with Synthetic fluids in them.
We have a 2005 Mini Cooper S that came from the Factory with All synthetic fluids, .. engine, trans, gearcase,.. etc..

Total myth. The best performance cars in the world like Ferrari and Porsche have came with synthetic oils for year, at least their high end cars, these are two of the companies I called on while living in Switzerland. Many dealership sevice people are behind the times, or just do not know all the advantages of synthetic oils of today. I have seen the differences in person both at the Amsoil factory, and at our race shop, synthetic products just protect better and last longer pretty small price to pay for oil when you think of the cost of the cars and trucks of today. :)

hcvone
05-17-07, 07:45 AM
Carl,

SG

My friends tell me it's nice to be me, and really like my new video production facility, and what we are filming, sorry that's another story ;) Do you have a good relationship with the dealership? Have you purchased cars/trucks from them in the past? You have to first contact the GM 800 number in your owners manual, explain the problem, explain your disappointment, just answer their questions, you have to do this to get everything moving, tell your dealership that your are doing this, and tell them you do not want the car back, you want a new one. You need the dealership fighting for you, trust me it makes the whole thing go smooth, also GM my ask you if you want the car replaced, or do you just want out, tell them you want the car replaced and love Cadillac. Don't know about all your problems or what they are, but I found Cadillac customer service to be very good to deal with, they were fair and wanted the customer to be happy. :) Keep us posted, I will help you anyway I can. :)

GM-4-LIFE
05-17-07, 12:56 PM
My friends tell me it's nice to be me, and really like my new video production facility, and what we are filming, sorry that's another story ;) Do you have a good relationship with the dealership? Have you purchased cars/trucks from them in the past? You have to first contact the GM 800 number in your owners manual, explain the problem, explain your disappointment, just answer their questions, you have to do this to get everything moving, tell your dealership that your are doing this, and tell them you do not want the car back, you want a new one. You need the dealership fighting for you, trust me it makes the whole thing go smooth, also GM my ask you if you want the car replaced, or do you just want out, tell them you want the car replaced and love Cadillac. Don't know about all your problems or what they are, but I found Cadillac customer service to be very good to deal with, they were fair and wanted the customer to be happy. :) Keep us posted, I will help you anyway I can. :)

I would really like to see your new production facility!

I have a great relationship with the service advisor who the lady at Cadillac called and spoke to. He verified that there is a problem with the steering system that they can't fix or don't want to fix. That is why she escalated the situation to a case manager. The dealer I bought the car from is not the dealer that services the car just because of location.

I told the lady at the Cadillac customer assistance center that I have purchased 25+ GM vehicles in the last few years and 6 Cadillacs in less than 2years and that I love the GM family and am a very loyal customer. I told her that I either want the car replaced or give me my money back so I can get another Cadillac. I don't buy non-GM products and lately all I have been interested in is Cadillac. She was very nice about it and said that someone would get back to me in 24-48 business hours, so I am just waiting at this time.

I will keep you updated as if they deny me the request, I will have to contact the BBB Auto-Line and initiate an arbitration to force GM to give me my money back so I can get another car. I will also have to contact my attorney in addition to getting in touch with the BBB so GM knows I ain't messing around. For god sakes, the car has 1380 miles on the odometer and I don't drive it. It just sits in my garage and while it is a beautiful great car to drive, the problems it has makes it a terrible ownership experience.

Thanks Carl!

SG

hcvone
05-17-07, 01:15 PM
It will take a little time, but it sounds like it is moving forward, with my truck it could not be driven, and I do use a local Caddy dealership for small warranty items, but I had the dealer I purchased it from tow it back to their dealership, they had to get GM to ok it because of the distance, but once I told them it blew up GM seemed to want it back pretty bad, your situation is different, you could at least drive yours. I would not contact anyone like the BBB or even a lawyer unless they do nothing for you, if that happens there are lemon law lawyers, contact me I know a few on them if it gets to that. My friends are not allowed at the studio without signed permission from their wifes, was out with my best friend who runs one of my companies, we stopped in, he was never there, it just happened to be a day where a lot of "action" was going on, after 15 minutes he told me "either we leave now, or I am moving in because this is better than heaven" :)

GM-4-LIFE
05-17-07, 02:36 PM
It will take a little time, but it sounds like it is moving forward, with my truck it could not be driven, and I do use a local Caddy dealership for small warranty items, but I had the dealer I purchased it from tow it back to their dealership, they had to get GM to ok it because of the distance, but once I told them it blew up GM seemed to want it back pretty bad, your situation is different, you could at least drive yours. I would not contact anyone like the BBB or even a lawyer unless they do nothing for you, if that happens there are lemon law lawyers, contact me I know a few on them if it gets to that. My friends are not allowed at the studio without signed permission from their wifes, was out with my best friend who runs one of my companies, we stopped in, he was never there, it just happened to be a day where a lot of "action" was going on, after 15 minutes he told me "either we leave now, or I am moving in because this is better than heaven" :)

Carl,

That is some really funny stuff! I can only imagine what is being filmed. I wish I lived close to you! As I said before, you are I would be great friends if we lived close to each other. You have always been a super nice guy in the past years on the Corvetteforum and you still continue to be.

I hope Cadillac does something for me being that the car is so new, that is if they care about customer satisfaction. It is true, that the car can be driven, but the problem is only getting worse and I don't want to have an accident with my 2 year old son in the car if the steering components fall apart while I am driving. It sure feels like it, but the dealer doesn't seem to want to either fix it or deal with it because GM doesn't have a fix for it which is the dumbest thing I ever heard! If they don't deal with my issue, I will have no choice, to contact the BBB and my attorney and I am sure that will get the ball rolling really quickly. It can't hurt. Are your lemon law attorneys in California?

Thanks again!

SG

hcvone
05-17-07, 05:14 PM
I will check to see if they work in your state, or tell me someone they know that is good. It will take me a few days to contact them, but I will let you know. Heading to the Pocono's for some editing work tonight. ;) Thanks for the kind words, try to help my Forum brothers and sisters whenever I can, a bunch a great peole for the most part. :)

GM-4-LIFE
05-17-07, 05:30 PM
I will check to see if they work in your state, or tell me someone they know that is good. It will take me a few days to contact them, but I will let you know. Heading to the Pocono's for some editing work tonight. ;) Thanks for the kind words, try to help my Forum brothers and sisters whenever I can, a bunch a great peole for the most part. :)

Carl,

Have fun and thanks again! You are an asset to us all!

SG