: disable tire pressure sensors??

fallen99angel
05-15-07, 01:00 AM
Im about to put my 22" wheels on my srx, they will however come on without tire pressure sensors, Im just wondering if theres a way to disable that system and enable them when i put my wintertires on again??
I think I read a tread many months ago, but i dont find it.
can anyone help please??
regards
Henrik
Sweden

Autobahn_Burner
05-15-07, 08:05 AM
If I were you, I would shop for four new OEM low tire pressure sensors (LTPS) at the next dealer for your set of 22inchers. These sensors are integrated in the valve (stem). I guess, it is described in the manual / booklet how to "learn" the new sensors to the vehicle. Once you swap back to winter, just repeat the learn procedure. Good luck.

Tom Wheeler
05-15-07, 08:29 AM
When I put my aftermarket 20's on my 07, I had the tire dealer install new pressuer sensors on the wheels. I guess the good news is that the 07 sensors are less expensive from what I heard then the 04 -06 sensors, they cost me $200 for the set of four. This way my OEM wheels and tires (for winter driving) still have the orginal sensors and my new wheels have sensors as well. As a note, I did not have to reprogram the driver information center, it new the location of each of the new sensors.

Tom

fallen99angel
05-15-07, 06:37 PM
yes i thought about putting new sensors on it, but for a 100$ a piece overhere, its bollocks, I dont think its really worth it, since i really dont use it at all really, I just wanted to see if it can be disabled so it wont be going wierd on my system.
Henrik
Sweden

Autobahn_Burner
05-16-07, 07:56 AM
If your system does not "see" the sensors, it'll remind you each time you start driving and you need to yes away the message. No other impact than the annoying "Service Tire Pressure Sensing System Soon" or similar appears freqently. Better look up eBay for discount price sensors. Good Luck.

Dinger77
05-16-07, 12:20 PM
Just have them brake your origional wheels down and take the tire pressure sensors out and install them in your new wheels. Even the older tire pressure sensors are low profile enough to work. Tell them to brake the old tires off the bead, and remove the sensors.