: Escalade already stolen!!

jr8593
05-13-07, 02:03 AM
Well I went to the mall today to do some Mothers Day shopping I come outside and my Escalade is gone!! I've only had it for 2 days and I couldnt believe some a**hole had already stole it. I call the cops and they get there like in 2mins. The cop gets out of the car and he ask me, Is your Escalade black with 24's?? I said yes.... Then he tells me, we recovered your Escalade about 5mins ago, Im like WTF!!! It turns out they had a sobriety checkpoint 1 block away from the mall, and the dumba** went throught it. According to the police the line wasnt moving because my truck was just parked in the line. When the officer walked to it there was nobody inside, the scumbag had ditched it. They did catch a guy in the area walking, but they had to let him go because they didnt have anything on him. They did fingerprint him before they let him go, and they also fingerprinted my truck. Hopefully the piece of garbage gets whats coming to him. Well at least I was able to get it back, of course the ignition switch is popped and they also popped the driverside lock, but I guess it could of turned out worse. Any suggestion to a good security system? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Synergetic
05-13-07, 02:12 AM
DAMN! Great story and fortunate ending. Keep an eye on that thing man and get a quality alarm.

memphisstylee
05-13-07, 02:44 AM
ive got the Viper 791xv and I love it. got the alarm set sensitive enough to where if someone knocks on my car, the pager lets me know. The range on my viper is pretty good too. Id say mine lives up the 1/4 mile rep that Viper claims. I also have jimmy jammers in the door so the lock cant be popped. hope this helps.

Playdrv4me
05-13-07, 03:41 AM
I swear to god if mine gets stolen it better stay stolen, Im so annoyed with that truck right now and insurance owes me for all the years I paid sky-high youngen premiums!.

hcvone
05-13-07, 05:28 AM
Well I went to the mall today to do some Mothers Day shopping I come outside and my Escalade is gone!! I've only had it for 2 days and I couldnt believe some a**hole had already stole it. I call the cops and they get there like in 2mins. The cop gets out of the car and he ask me, Is your Escalade black with 24's?? I said yes.... Then he tells me, we recovered your Escalade about 5mins ago, Im like WTF!!! It turns out they had a sobriety checkpoint 1 block away from the mall, and the dumba** went throught it. According to the police the line wasnt moving because my truck was just parked in the line. When the officer walked to it there was nobody inside, the scumbag had ditched it. They did catch a guy in the area walking, but they had to let him go because they didnt have anything on him. They did fingerprint him before they let him go, and they also fingerprinted my truck. Hopefully the piece of garbage gets whats coming to him. Well at least I was able to get it back, of course the ignition switch is popped and they also popped the driverside lock, but I guess it could of turned out worse. Any suggestion to a good security system? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Do you live in Cali?

jr8593
05-13-07, 11:16 AM
yes, I live in West Covina, CA. Where Ecalades on rims are a dime a dozen.

Synergetic
05-13-07, 01:25 PM
The range on my viper is pretty good too. Id say mine lives up the 1/4 mile rep that Viper claims.

I wouldn't count on it though. I got broken into pretty bad a while ago and only within a few hundred feet away. Its great to have an alarm, but they'll take it if they really want it.

nofinga911
05-13-07, 04:51 PM
i would find out the suspects name...and if the prints come up as a match...then you can have some fun :stirpot:

Escolade
05-13-07, 05:04 PM
Unreal. What is it about Escalades that they always get stolen??

Playdrv4me
05-13-07, 05:57 PM
Unreal. What is it about Escalades that they always get stolen??

Lots of reasons... Its the "hip" vehicle among the hip-hop crowd for one, that gives you worldwide exposure to the target age range of most thieves.

Usually with foreign cars, the parts are where the money is... but with Escalades I see them stolen alot just cause the thief WANTS an escalade, i.e. joyrides... *OR* the OTHER attraction is the fact most thieves can COUNT on the fact (as can be seen on this forum), that 75-80 percent of escalade owners have AT LEAST one significant aftermarket upgrade to their trucks... be it wheels, or high end audio systems.

Its a recipe for theft.... Mine was a theft recovery before I bought it...

aburzen
05-13-07, 07:20 PM
I too have a Viper 791xv. I love the alarm. I added a few extras, and I also have great range. Works for me. People are right though, if someone wants it, they will take it. Good luck!

jr8593
05-13-07, 10:39 PM
Anybody have an idea on what the dealership is going to charge for the ignition switch and door lock?? I want to see if its worth it reporting it to my insurance co.

hcvone
05-14-07, 05:58 AM
yes, I live in West Covina, CA. Where Ecalades on rims are a dime a dozen.

Can't believe how many stolen Escalade's there are in Cali., that is all you hear about. :(

jr8593
05-14-07, 11:50 PM
Thats what the detective said. It is very close to the port where they will load it on a ship, or close enough to drive across the border.

fluke
05-16-07, 01:23 AM
Anybody have an idea on what the dealership is going to charge for the ignition switch and door lock?? I want to see if its worth it reporting it to my insurance co.

Before you get a new door lock (handle I assume), get the left rear passenger door instead. If they refuse to install it, do it yourself. I did with my wife's escalade after it was broken into TWICE. I'll put up some pics if you want to know how it looks. It has no key hole so there's no way a thief can unlock it unless by going through the window space or breaking it. Please do invest in an aftermarket alarm. Viper is okay, but i've gotten recommendations on compustar.org. It's a little more expensive but you get what you pay for. They also have an option for gps tracking but that's for companies with fleet cars to track their own company cars. Yes you do use the whole lock and there's the problem of, what if i lose my remote, or keys? Well my remote has a battery indicator (i don't know if Viper remotes have that) and I also have a second remote at home.

hcvone
05-16-07, 05:52 AM
Don 't know what the cost will be but probably will not be cheap, it depends on your deductible if you should turn it in.

brett79
05-16-07, 12:46 PM
Sucks, but glad it was recovered.

Okay, if you are every drinking and driving (WHICH I SAY DONT), and come up to a check point..park and run, call in your car stolen.

hahah

sj1400
05-16-07, 03:42 PM
GM really dropped the ball with the pass key/factory alarm.

srt
05-16-07, 07:56 PM
I beg to differ on the "hip hop" $hit! That's just someone who dosen't know what their talking about. Man you have moms and dads driving with phat wheels and it's gonna get stolen no matter what, rims or not. Modesto, cali, is the # city, nation wide, where car parts are brought down to Southern Cali. Imports are stolen for parts too. Joy riddin in Jersey and New York was a big issuse back in the days.
If I go to the mall I park in the front or somewhere people can see whom ever is gonna try to get into it. If a theive wants it.........
he or they will get it. You can by pass anything!Alarms.....
open the hood and cut the wire going to the siren. Then it's easy from there.I've been looking into the pop off steering wheels, like the one I have for my 64' Impala. Works wonders! Of course I'm not gonna park that ride where it's outta my sight. This is why I own a few vehicles. My hoopty is what I usually mob in.

jr8593
05-21-07, 12:12 PM
He Fluke, Can you post some pics of the door install??How hard was it to install it yourself?

Nine Ball
05-25-07, 12:25 AM
I've installed Jimmy-Jammer door lock shields, and had this anti-theft plug from www.Ravelco.com installed. All of my vehicles have the Ravelco plug, kept my 2006 Dodge from being stolen once.

fluke
05-27-07, 12:16 AM
He Fluke, Can you post some pics of the door install??How hard was it to install it yourself?

Originally Posted by EXTadic http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/104535-replacing-driver-handle-keyhole-molding.html#post1053799)
Yes, the rear handle will fit the front. With minor modification. If you look at the two handles side by side you'll notice the rod actuator levers are different. So you'll have to pull the the clip and pin and move the front to the new rear handle. before installing the new handle remove the short little rod that used to go from the lock to the latch mechanism as you no longer need it and don't want it just hanging there and possibly getting wedged in the works. you're ready to install the handle back in the door. Only two of three bolts will allign with the handle take a slightly oversized washer and just pinch the the one that doesn't allign against the door skin. Then just test it to make sure it works as it should and reinstall the door panel (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#). By doing that you've eliminated a major entry point for 90% of would be theives.

EscaladeguyCA
05-30-07, 04:02 AM
Sorry to hear about this horrible event.

To think that my dealer mentioned to me that I don't even need something as minor as wheel locks for my 22" OEM rims since they are a dime a dozen and thieves are looking for the more larger aftermarket rims.

I still had the wheel locks installed anyways, but like you guys said if the someone wants to really steal your vehicle, they will.

You would also think that Caddy would have put a more thorough alarm system in a $60K vehicle.

jr8593
05-30-07, 02:16 PM
Fluke, Thanks for the instructions on the install and the pics. Im ordering the handle today and will try to install it this weekend. Will let you know how it goes...

SteveSkal
05-30-07, 02:23 PM
I'm actually having my alarm system put in this weekend, its a 2 way system so it will page me when its going off and since I have a carry license here in CO that thief has another thing coming to him when I get out there :eyebrow:

fluke
05-30-07, 11:49 PM
I'm actually having my alarm system put in this weekend, its a 2 way system so it will page me when its going off and since I have a carry license here in CO that thief has another thing coming to him when I get out there :eyebrow:

That's funny I have one too. I keep the keys on my dresser next to my bed. It actually went off one night and I ran out on the balcony with my g23. Anyone had any experiences with 2-way alarms? I always think about what I would do if it would go off while in a store/class, etc. . .

EXTadic
05-31-07, 12:19 AM

I understand and mostly agree about doing whatever it takes to protect what's yours. Except when it comes to killing someone over a vehicle. Especially when your life isn't in danger,as in the situation of being awakened from a dead sleep by an "alarm pager". I mean why would any rational thinking adult want to put themselves in harms way like that? Instead of the Glock grab the phone and call 911. It may save you a trip to jail or to the morgue. Believe me when I say, that the only thing that will outlast the blood stain on your driver seat, is re-occuring nightmare that you killed someone's kid to save your F*ing rims. I say buy more insurance and sleep well

suprego123
07-27-07, 10:45 AM
Can anyone tell me what is the best way to remove the door panel to get access to the door handle? Without damaging the wood piece/leather. The car is an 07.

TSS
07-27-07, 01:15 PM
I understand and mostly agree about doing whatever it takes to protect what's yours. Except when it comes to killing someone over a vehicle. Especially when your life isn't in danger,as in the situation of being awakened from a dead sleep by an "alarm pager". I mean why would any rational thinking adult want to put themselves in harms way like that? Instead of the Glock grab the phone and call 911. It may save you a trip to jail or to the morgue. Believe me when I say, that the only thing that will outlast the blood stain on your driver seat, is re-occuring nightmare that you killed someone's kid to save your F*ing rims. I say buy more insurance and sleep well

Wise words.