: Escalade door Wood Trim coming off

fdavidfr
05-13-07, 01:48 AM
I bought a used escalade from Carmax 6 months ago, 05 with 19,000 miles. I decided to bring it to the dealership today to have an oil change and I told the service rep that the wood trim on one of the door is coming off. He told me he cannot fix it because the trim is not covered for used car eventhough the car is under the manufacturer's warranty. He said that it was an add on by another dealer and not from the manufacturer so it could not fix it or replace it as it didin't fall under the manufacturer warranty. He said that it was the policy. He told me to bring it back to Carmax so they could fix it. I told him it wasn't right because this car is still under the original manufacturer warranty. Have you had the same problem?

Playdrv4me
05-13-07, 04:48 AM
The only piece of wood trim the dealer is responsible to fix is this one:

http://images2.ecarlist.com/photos/985_8211/640/22.jpg

Any of that other stick on crap you are on your own UNLESS it was put in BY THAT DEALER... Its just as well anyway that stick-on crap is ugly... just tear it off.

hcvone
05-13-07, 06:26 AM
Welcome to the Forum. :) As said above, if it's the factory trim it's covered, aftermarket items installed by a dealership will only be covered by the installing dealership, not GM. :)

fdavidfr
05-13-07, 11:56 AM
That's the wood trim I was refering too. The service manager told me it was an add-on and it was not put by the manufacturer.

Eldo1953
05-13-07, 12:53 PM
That's the wood trim I was refering too. The service manager told me it was an add-on and it was not put by the manufacturer.

If that is the case, get a new dealer now. These people are downright stupid and you probably will not want to be dealing with them.

Playdrv4me
05-13-07, 06:53 PM
If that is the case, get a new dealer now. These people are downright stupid and you probably will not want to be dealing with them.

Amen to that. And please post the name of said stupid dealer so none of us walk in there.

hcvone
05-14-07, 07:08 AM
If the dealer told you that then take him for a walk and show him that the other 02' to 06' Escalade's all must have aftermarket wood too. :( Asd said find another dealership. :)

DLE
05-14-07, 11:44 AM
Hey! My Escalade door trim was broken when i bought my '04 lade used. It has 45K miles on it, and the dealer fixed it for FREE!!!

Tell them that they are wrong!!

fdavidfr
06-02-07, 05:57 PM
Just an update.

I complained to the service supervisor, and they replaced the wood trim and also repainted the console that was peeling.

Thanks.

hcvone
06-03-07, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the update, glad they did what they were suppose to do. :)