: Navigation

wesch
05-11-07, 01:20 PM
Hello - I just bought an 03 Escalade. Had to get the Nav CD from GMNAVDISC, because the car did not come with one... Works great, except that it seems that it is lacking addresses in my area. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong? For example, the map visually shows all the streets around me and even some addresses when I pass a location, but when I enter a destination, that address never shows up in the list.. If I go to "city" and click 'nearest 5 cities;, it also says "no city within 20 miles"...

Any guidance appreciated.
I live near Raleigh NC.

Thanks
Matt

DLE
05-11-07, 04:27 PM
I think you have to change to the right "state" you are in... Then input your destination... I'm just throwing you my guess..

wesch
05-12-07, 05:09 PM
I figured this one out and wanted to post in case there are some out there as green as me.. I am in NC, so that is area 5 on the nav disc. It was set on area 6. I assumed it might figure out your current location.... Once i set it to the correct area, I am good to go.

Wondering how it works now when you go on longer trips outside the area, but I shall see..

Thanks
:thumbsup:

drrm123
05-13-07, 04:54 PM
I'm in a similar position too. trying to figure out how to work nav system. did have any instructions when bought same year truck. I try to input my home adddress and it has correct for street but have to use address thats close. how much was gmnavdisc $200.00 ?

dkozloski
05-13-07, 05:43 PM
I'm in a similar position too. trying to figure out how to work nav system. did have any instructions when bought same year truck. I try to input my home adddress and it has correct for street but have to use address thats close. how much was gmnavdisc $200.00 ?
Go to www.gmnavdisc.com (http://www.gmnavdisc.com) to get the disc number then buy it on Ebay. I saved a hundred dollar bill.