: wheel well cover removal - how?

ard
05-10-07, 12:02 AM
Hi,

to those folks who have gone through the unpleasant task of replacing the front passernger side turn signal bulb: I can't even get past step 1 - removing the fasteners on the (black plastic) wheel well cover :confused: . I slid a flathead screwdriver under the head of the fasteners and tried to pry them off - but it seems to require an unusually large amount of force. Before I try again and give them "a good tug" I thought I'd check with the forum - is there a trick to getting the fasteners removed? Do you really have to pry them out with a lot of force? What about re-inserting them, then.

Many thanks in advance.

/alex

louisn
05-10-07, 07:18 AM
Wish I could help. Never had the trauma of trying to remove that part, YET.
Good Luck! Usually, the easiest task turns out to be the hardest, the first time you try. May want to do a DIY post when you finish--usually clearer than the manual for those that follow.

GMJim
05-10-07, 08:08 AM
You have to pull the center portion of the fastener up/out. that will loosen the grip, and the fastener should come right out. You will never get it out trying to pry the whole thing. Well you'll get it out, but it will be trashed.

GMJim
05-10-07, 08:31 AM
pic of fastener

GMJim
05-14-07, 07:39 PM
Well Ard??????? Any luck?