: N* No Start After Head gasket

brianc974
05-09-07, 02:36 PM
Hello, I recently replaced the head gaskets on my 2000 STS northstar. The car started fine, drove for 50 miles, died, and no re-start. Well it spits and sputters, but hardly runs. No codes, replaced crank sensors, relearned crank sensors. Cylinder leak down test shows good. Good crank rpm signal, good cam sensor signal. Fuel pressure and spark are good. I rechecked the timing marks, and everything is lined up perfectly still. I cannot believe its noit setting a code, I can communicate with all modules including PCM fine.

I've been a Cadillac Tech for 4 years, but this vehicle is making me pull my hair out, any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you so much.

Brian
BrianC974@yahoo.com

Ranger
05-09-07, 02:52 PM
Obviously something happened in those 1st 50 miles. Perhaps a misrouted wire touching a manifold and melting or a wire pinched in the installation of something?

eldorado1
05-09-07, 04:36 PM
Check fuel injector fuses

brianc974
05-09-07, 09:03 PM
Thank you for the suggestions so far. I forgot to mention that injector pulse width is also within range, so I assume the injector fuses are good, but Ill check tomorrow anyhow. I think it may be wiring issue as suggested above. I'll check into that further as well.
Please keep any suggestions coming, I need some fresh ideas on what the heck is going on with this vehicle..

Thank You
Brian