: 26's and traction control problems

gforceext
05-09-07, 12:31 PM
After I installed my 26's I have noticed that pretty much every time I make a sharp turn my traction control activates. The blinking light and pulsating gas pedal are driving me crazy. I tried turning off the traction control but then the dash light stays on all the time. Is anyone else with 26's having this problem. Any suggestions?

hcvone
05-09-07, 01:25 PM
It really should make no difference what wheel size you run as long as the tires are close to the same overall diameter as stock, I have several customers with 26's and no issues.

Smokin' 04 CTS
05-09-07, 08:15 PM
TSC will activate if you are driving with different size tires. I had this problem using a spare with 3 other 20's. Now I am sure you have all the same size tires, but then maybe the air pressure or something is off. Just something to look into.

gforceext
05-09-07, 09:41 PM
ok I will check. Thanks

Lu Scola
06-15-08, 08:28 PM
I have 23s on my EXT and my trac cont. always activates, and I have to turn it off all the time. i usually turn it off when I start the truck now.

EXTodd
06-17-08, 03:36 AM
I have a suggestion for ya. I have 26's on my EXT as well. I have the Hypertech Power Programmer and it has a wheel size adjustment. So this would fix your problem. I have actually messed around with it and my EXT did the same thing you are talking about. I set it at stock and everything works fine because the diamater is the same or very close to stock. So I bet your profile is a little higher so you need to reprogram the computer so it knows this. One way to tell is to have a friend pace along side of you well on the phone. If your overall diameter is off then your speedometer will read either slower or faster than his at the same pace.

Lu Scola
06-17-08, 03:58 AM
Where can u get this done at or where can u buy that programmer. Id like to know asap. Thanks for the info. Also if you know anyone selling used 26's let me know. Ifound like 8 different sets new w/ tires for $4,100. This is my work truck so I dont want to spend that much unless it gets down to it.

EXTodd
06-17-08, 04:52 AM
Where can u get this done at or where can u buy that programmer. Id like to know asap. Thanks for the info. Also if you know anyone selling used 26's let me know. Ifound like 8 different sets new w/ tires for $4,100. This is my work truck so I dont want to spend that much unless it gets down to it.

You can get the programmer for $300-400. Check ebay or do a Google search. Hypertech Power Programmer. Easy to find.